PDA

View Full Version : AC3 - Please remove UPlay so Multiplayer can actually be stable

Avean
09-06-2012, 03:14 PM
I think most people will agree that Ubisoft games have been terrible when it comes to the technical side of multiplayer.
Dont get me wrong, i think they have one of the most amazing multiplayer games if theyre system were more accessible and working.
Theyre last game now was Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. It took months before the multiplayer got somewhat stable for people, but already then people had given up.

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood me and my friends loved but we spent 30 minutes each time getting into a game, and often we were separeted into diferent servers even though we were in a group. Same thing with Revelations. Its so incredibly unstable.

And also since the games are featured on Steam which have its own friendslist and a nickname, why on gods earth do you guys insist on using UPlay ? Steam has achievements as well, and private messaging and join game options. Why not use that ?
Ubisoft are really skipping out on something huge when they dont make multiplayer more accessible.

Imagine getting AC3 ready with fullscreen windowed mode for streaming purposes and a stable system, getting huge streamers like Toweliee to stream it and having a blast. Imagine the sales that would come out of it !

Mr_Shade
09-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Hi There,

uPlay is a way for Ubisoft to deliver content to you - those 'achievements' offer you real world content rewards - rather than just a number - you're able to unlock new maps etc.

It does also do many of the functions of other clients, but it's focus is supporting the games and the communities around them.

It shouldn't really impact gameplay though?

I think you maybe confusing netcode / game issues with uPlay - uPlay does not really impact the game online at all?

Avean
09-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Ah ok, then its the netcode of the game itself. So strange that so many ubi games are so unstable in my opinion.
But also Uplay is a bit redundant i feel. You click play from Steam then you have to login to Uplay and then play again.
Also many people have different nicks on theyre uplay account so its just a hazzle i feel.

Mr_Shade
09-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Ah ok, then its the netcode of the game itself. So strange that so many ubi games are so unstable in my opinion.
But also Uplay is a bit redundant i feel. You click play from Steam then you have to login to Uplay and then play again.
Also many people have different nicks on theyre uplay account so its just a hazzle i feel.

Well if they removed uPlay - they would also remove the exclusive content and rewards - which many many people enjoy.

Non steam users, would also miss out.

j0kay
09-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Well if they removed uPlay - they would also remove the exclusive content and rewards - which many many people enjoy.

That's not true. Uplay UNLOCKS that stuff. It is already in the game.

Well, steam works forces players to download steam if they want to play. Uplay is the same thing. And i think most people would rathe be "non uplay users".

DarthVirc
12-28-2012, 02:34 AM

I wouldn't Miss anything I haven't played AC3. Just Because Uplay Wanted to Bloat on to my computer. Id rather play far cry 2 (it Doesn't have uplay) than install more crap.
I actually thought about buying FC3 But this Uplay **** Stopped me in my tracks.

Ecokrazy
12-28-2012, 03:27 AM
UPlay's only purpose is to keep people from pirating the game. They still do though. Easily.

Anykeyer
12-28-2012, 06:41 AM
ACB MP didnt use Uplay for connectivity (only to launch, and even that could be bypassed) and it wasnt any better. Uplay at least provides some good stuff, like being able to redownload your games (but not DLCs and thats stupid) or send messages outside of game or cloud save game storage. It definetelly does not bloat your PC more than any other software, it works noticably faster than Steam (althrough it does not have half as much features) or Origin and does not autostart with Windows.
Its also simply the most user-friendly DRM, no activations limits, no activations time expiry (like StarCraft 2 requre you to connect from time to time in order to keep offline mode availabel), no stupid hardware checks or low-level drivers that crash OS kernel. Im not saying its ideal, sometimes Uplay servers are just not online (like this summer AC2 sale fail, when many players could not even activate their games), sometimes Ubi adds another DRM on top (like with last Anno, completelly ridiculous move) or integrate too many online services into the game itself making it almost unplayable in offline (Heroes 6)