PDA

View Full Version : New "Coming Home" TV Trailer

Pages : 1 [2]

AllThatJuice
09-09-2012, 12:57 AM
btw...the song i suggested is a hip hop track, same as the song used in the tv spot.

AllThatJuice
09-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Dubstep aint bad when its done right.

De Filosoof
09-09-2012, 01:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4R1nl_UbSk

I would like this track underneath a trailer.

Such a beautiful piece of art.

connor_bg
09-09-2012, 01:02 AM
You do realise the song i suggested features Kanye West and Jay Z right?......If theyre not classed as "current" then I dont know what is.
For a moment i thought you are serious that you want to see your suggestion as a TV spot. For you it may sound epic, but the music itself don't fit. Imagine if they see the game for the first time in the advert, with all of its epicness and some bed-song as a background just doesn't fit...
And this is some random mix i just don't see how Kanye is involved, and the music with its 50 000 views i just can't understand how can this be current.

AllThatJuice
09-09-2012, 01:11 AM
For a moment i thought you are serious that you want to see your suggestion as a TV spot. For you it may sound epic, but the music itself don't fit. Imagine if they see the game for the first time in the advert, with all of its epicness and some bed-song as a background just doesn't fit...
And this is some random mix i just don't see how Kanye is involved, and the music with its 50 000 views i just can't understand how can this be current.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJt7gNi3Nr4

Is that enough views for you to consider it current?

....A random mix?...The video I linked is an instrumental to a track from Jay Z's and Kanye West's album, "Watch the throne".

connor_bg
09-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Doesn't matter. A bed-song. Doesn't fit in anyway with AC TV-spot. Still can't compare with Cu-mming home's 90 million views. Ironkid- Wood has 15 million, i think, but never heard it on any radio or saw the clip on TV.... same goes for the bed-song.

AllThatJuice
09-09-2012, 01:37 AM
Im guessing your just some die hard Justin Bieber fan. Yeah thats it.

It explains a lot actually.

Assassin_M
09-09-2012, 01:40 AM
I Know im not the best person to tell you this... im actually also a bad role mode to follow, but..

Please calm down ? :)

Both of you seem like really nice people.. So why not share our love or hate for particular songs with complete tolerance and affection towards one another ?:D

Layytez
09-09-2012, 01:44 AM
I listen to rap and to be honest the actual rapping part of that song sucks simply because Diddy sucks. The chorus however fits the trailer and is the best part of the song. I wouldn't classify the song as rap or hip-hip really because they were no actual parts that contained it. The chorus and tone fit the trailer for what it was for and gave it a uplifting feel to it as what the whole song tries to do (although Diddy ruins it lol).

playassassins1
09-09-2012, 01:46 AM
I Know im not the best person to tell you this... im actually also a bad role mode to follow, but..

Please calm down ? :)

Both of you seem like really nice people.. So why not share our love or hate for particular songs with complete tolerance and affection towards one another ?:D

pfft. That sounds like a girl...

Legendz54
09-09-2012, 01:52 AM
pfft. That sounds like a girl...

Shhhhhh, dont discourage him...

connor_bg
09-09-2012, 01:52 AM
Im guessing your just some die hard Justin Bieber fan. Yeah thats it.

It explains a lot actually.

I am listening every kind of music genres, but never felt attraction to that boy's music, so you predicted it bad. Sorry if you felt insulted of my commentary over your music choice for the trailer being bad. The song is good, but it doesn't fit the trailer. Sorry, again.

Locopells
09-09-2012, 01:55 AM
If you're gonna start discussion music generally, take it to the Off-Topic thread, otherwise this one's gonna get locked.

Assassin_M
09-09-2012, 02:07 AM
If you're gonna start discussion music generally, take it to the Off-Topic thread, otherwise this one's gonna get locked.
Excuse me, sir.. But I think.. I think they are pretty much still on-topic.. I mean that is just me. Maybe you feel different, but that is ok:D

Locopells
09-09-2012, 02:13 AM
Sorry, I should stop with the late night posts - I always get too blunt. Not trying to be officious, just careful.

But no, you're right they are still on topic. My bad.

Assassin_M
09-09-2012, 02:15 AM
Sorry, I should stop with the late night posts - I always get too blunt. Not trying to be officious, just careful.

But no, you're right they are still on topic. My bad.
Do not worry about it:) It sometimes happens to all of us:)

Dont feel bad about it:)

De Filosoof
09-09-2012, 02:20 AM
Doesn't matter. A bed-song. Doesn't fit in anyway with AC TV-spot. Still can't compare with Cu-mming home's 90 million views. Ironkid- Wood has 15 million, i think, but never heard it on any radio or saw the clip on TV.... same goes for the bed-song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLlfBFtbwvM&feature=related

HAPPY TIMES :D

AllThatJuice
09-09-2012, 04:03 AM
I am listening every kind of music genres, but never felt attraction to that boy's music, so you predicted it bad. Sorry if you felt insulted of my commentary over your music choice for the trailer being bad. The song is good, but it doesn't fit the trailer. Sorry, again.

no problem man, also i was just messing when i called u a bieber fan, sorry if u took any offence to that...i know a lot of people who would xD

NOLA_Assassin
09-09-2012, 05:00 AM
I want the launch trailer, not on TV, to be set to NWA:cool:

infamous_ezio
09-09-2012, 01:30 PM
sweet jesus. The music makes it so much epic.
i'm not lying when i'm saying that this game looks like the best game made. ever. and that's a big claim...

zerocooll21
09-09-2012, 01:35 PM
I want the launch trailer, not on TV, to be set to NWA:cool:

Now That I could do :D

kudos17
09-09-2012, 02:40 PM
I believe Assassin's Creed should stick to orchestral tracks, light tracks, tracks with real instruments, etc.

I would leave the rap, rock, dubstep, and metal for the other games. But that's just me.

lonewarrior30
09-09-2012, 02:42 PM
I believe Assassin's Creed should stick to orchestral tracks, light tracks, tracks with real instruments, etc.

I would leave the rap, rock, dubstep, and metal for the other games. But that's just me.

true but I think the song fits with what connor has been through

NOLA_Assassin
09-09-2012, 02:48 PM

Not with TV

Locopells
09-09-2012, 02:53 PM
But that's just me.

No - me too.

HisSpiritLives
09-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Why so many people think that music is unfiting and why is it important ,it is just a tv comercial it isnt like it will be in game lol

lothario-da-be
09-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Why so many people think that music is unfiting and why is it important ,it is just a tv comercial it isnt like it will be in game lol
exactly and its even a tv commercial.

dewgel
09-09-2012, 04:47 PM
90% of TV ads have well known songs in them. It's the audience they hit

POP1Fan
09-09-2012, 05:30 PM
true but I think the song fits with what connor has been through

Because rock and metal aren't made with real instruments -_- Sure, I agree that it wouldn't fit for AC, but to say those are on the same level as rap and dubstep is ****ing insulting.

HisSpiritLives
09-09-2012, 05:44 PM
90% of TV ads have well known songs in them. It's the audience they hit

Yes they really are

kudos17
09-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Because rock and metal aren't made with real instruments -_- Sure, I agree that it wouldn't fit for AC, but to say those are on the same level as rap and dubstep is ****ing insulting.

Let me put it this way, when I think "Assassin's Creed", I don't think Metallica. I don't think rap, and I don't think "WUB WUB WUB" either. You could get away with some alternative, spiritual-sounding rock (see Woodkid in the Revelations trailer), but that's riding a fine line IMO.

When I hear Assassin's Creed 3, I hear rapid percussion, classic woodwind, high strings, etc. You can hear that in this vid's battle scene at 4:00, as well as the chase scene right after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrklEy9ohQ#t=4m2s

In terms of Desmond's missions, especially when involving TWCB, I hear electronic, but not artificial. It's not alien to the ears like dubstep... there should be something man-made about it. The best example I have is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It sounds vaguely like sci-fi meets reality. I'm thinking of 2:20 onwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCGBzrpxpsU#t=2m20s

A good trailer, if it depicts Connor and Desmond, should incorporate both and blend each other. Throwing in a popular song from today's culture feels like it not only betrays the substance of the series, but it's also a cop-out for easy interest in viewers.

POP1Fan
09-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Wait, I said I agree with you that for AC none of those actually fit.
And regarding the part about the Desmond missions, I must say you hit the nail on the head there. The Desmond Mission 4 in Revelations is very epic and fits that side of AC awesomely good.

De Filosoof
09-09-2012, 07:03 PM
there should be something man-made about it. The best example I have is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It sounds vaguely like sci-fi meets reality. I'm thinking of 2:20 onwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCGBzrpxpsU#t=2m20s

A good trailer, if it depicts Connor and Desmond, should incorporate both and blend each other. Throwing in a popular song from today's culture feels like it not only betrays the substance of the series, but it's also a cop-out for easy interest in viewers.

Agreed. Lorne has to use electronic influences in the modern-day parts, period.

NOLA_Assassin
09-10-2012, 12:42 PM
I wasn't kidding about the NWA thing...

[content removed] - Please read the forum rules regarding swearing - this applies to written, images, audio or video.

infamous_ezio
09-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Guys i really don't get why everyone is making a big deal about the music, this song fits this trailer perfectly. On that note, the ezio's family track was probably my favorite, it really suited well in those dramatic events

Mr_Shade
09-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Just a reminder - swearing in any form is not allowed on the forums.

NOLA_Assassin
09-10-2012, 12:56 PM
[content removed] - Please read the forum rules regarding swearing - this applies to written, images, audio or video.

BOOOOOOOOOO!

Fine, you win:(

Mr_Shade
09-10-2012, 01:11 PM
BOOOOOOOOOO!

Fine, you win:(If you would rather I can just give you an infraction for it..

I was being nice, since you're new... ;)

Locopells
09-10-2012, 01:25 PM
No need to kick the guy when he's retreating.

Anyway...

NOLA_Assassin
09-10-2012, 02:27 PM
If you would rather I can just give you an infraction for it..

I was being nice, since you're new... ;)

Hey, I admitted defeat, and am sorry, I thought the "no swearing" only applied to in forum, not links. My bizzle, I will make wiser choices in the future.

NWA for the win!!

Mr_Shade
09-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Any content posted on the forums - links included - is governed by the rules.

That goes for images , audio or video.

You know now, just remember in the future - since next time you may not be warned.

NOLA_Assassin
09-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Any content posted on the forums - links included - is governed by the rules.

That goes for images , audio or video.

You know now, just remember in the future - since next time you may not be warned.

Noted

Now, what music would you like?

Mr_Shade
09-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I prefer britney.. tbh

NOLA_Assassin
09-10-2012, 03:28 PM
I prefer britney.. tbh

Oh, wow, and I get censored...

JK, what song?