PDA

View Full Version : Digitech rp500

msedek
09-06-2012, 11:55 AM
Hello... Sorry if this has been asked before... I've been looking few pages back and used the search tool with the words digitech rp500 and could not find anything..

I got the ps3 version and I also have an rp500 pedal board... I'm wondering if I could connect the rock Smith wire to the rp500 output as I can get a real clean sound out of it..

Thanks in advance

rcole_sooner
09-06-2012, 02:10 PM
You could try and see.

You could get a signal splitter, like the Dunlop A/B/Y pedal and split your guitar signal to both the xbox and the rp500.

mbarsott
09-06-2012, 03:37 PM
I have routed my guitar though a multi-fx and into the ps3 before. Since what comes in is an analog signal that gets converted into digital by the real-tone cable it can be perfectly done. I guess I just had some sustainer and noise gate on. But I really saw no big difference when playing, since the game already puts all sorts of FX in guitar tone, so I just stopped using it altogether.

Edit. I remembered the only way I can get my accoustic nylon guitar to work is using the Multi-FX unit with compressor/sustainer on. Also, you may want to use it just to avoid the expensive real-tone cable wearing.

rcole_sooner
09-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Hmmm, maybe I need to try my Digitech BP50, see if it helps with my bass detection. :p

msedek
09-07-2012, 03:02 AM
Thanks for your answers guys... I was just wondering if it was possible to do without damaging either the wire or the ps3.. Guess I'm good to go..