PDA

View Full Version : Something I hope is added to Assassins Creed III

Falconer084
09-06-2012, 09:10 AM
It isn't put into the movies based on the era, but the first Air Force was in the Civil War!

Ok I know what you are thinking, Falcon has gone mad, but it is true.

Rewind to before the end of the War of Independence, the French, who at this time disliked the British Empire were creating a revolutionary form of transport called the hot air balloon!

Now if you havn't played an Assassins creed game before, history is the same but warped as if the wool has been pulled over our eyes in the history books. Considering that in the real world the technology existed it could be placed into the game or into an extra title like they did with ACII: Revelations.

In the Civil War the Balloon Air Force would spy on the southern forces who lacked the resource's to create a force of their own. Also they would drop objects like stones or even their own excrement on the soldiers below!

ACII Spoiler:

In ACII we got to fly in one of Da Vinci's air gliders that in the real world was designed by the man himself.

ACII Spoiler Ends.

Following this amazing moment it makes sense that we get to do it again in a somewhat different manner.

The War of Independence 1775-1782

The first unmanned balloon flight 1782

Sounds to me like a cool near ending piece.

EDIT: I'm talking about the End of the War of Independence using it nd using the Civil War as a referance. Warped means distorted.

Falconer084
09-06-2012, 09:17 AM
What am I looking for in the vid?
EDIT: where did it go?

Legendz54
09-06-2012, 09:20 AM
What am I looking for in the vid?
EDIT: where did it go?

in another thread, not relevant to this thread, just some new footage everyone is dying for

Falconer084
09-06-2012, 09:26 AM
in another thread, not relevant to this thread, just some new footage everyone is dying for

Oh ok. What do you think of what I wrote?

HorTyS
09-06-2012, 10:22 AM
Oh ok. What do you think of what I wrote?

Your post mentions the first airforce being developed around the time of the Civil War "the first Air Force was in the Civil War!" , "In the Civil War the Balloon Air Force would spy on the southern forces". AC3 takes place during the Revolutionary War, which took place between 1775–1783. The American Civil War took place between 1861–1865, almost 100 years later. Do you think you got your wars mixed up a bit or something?

DarkSolitude-X
09-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Your post mentions the first airforce being developed around the time of the Civil War "the first Air Force was in the Civil War!" , "In the Civil War the Balloon Air Force would spy on the southern forces". AC3 takes place during the Revolutionary War, which took place between 1775–1783. The American Civil War took place between 1861–1865, almost 100 years later. Do you think you got your wars mixed up a bit or something?

people from Europe and thus Australia regard the revolutionary war as a civil war fought on foreign soil. Technically they are correct. The United States (America, though improperly used) wasn't born until the United States won it's independence from the British crown.

Falconer084
09-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Actually I was doing research and I thought that fact was cool :)
If you read further down the post you will see that I wrote that the Balloon was invented near the end of the War of Independence and they could use what was done "100 years later" in the past due to AC's warpped history,

morpheusPrime08
09-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Actually I was doing research and I thought that fact was cool :)
If you read further down the post you will see that I wrote that the Balloon was invented near the end of the War of Independence and they could use what was done "100 years later" in the past due to AC's warped history,

Wraped history? There was NO plane/air thingy in the revolutionary war, End of discussion.

I dont understand how people make these request threads when you know the game comes out in less then two months, should have asked 6 months ago.

dxsxhxcx
09-06-2012, 10:58 PM
ballon in AC3?!

[SPOILERS ACR - Ezio's ending]

Remembers the final fight between Ezio and Ahmet;

Someone PLEASE delete this thread before this gives them ideas!!!!!!!!!! /o\

Assassin_M
09-06-2012, 11:10 PM
If you think this thread is all they need for ideas, then you people are greatly mislead...
if there will be crap, then it is added already, they dont need "Ideas", although the "Ezio reliving Altair" concept was mine, but you know.. meh.. im very generous and I wont sue Amancio..

Falconer084
09-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Wraped history? There was NO plane/air thingy in the revolutionary war, End of discussion.

I dont understand how people make these request threads when you know the game comes out in less then two months, should have asked 6 months ago.

I didn't knowabout ballooning six months ago. BTW Da Vinchi's Flying machine wasn't built and flewn untill a few years ago (saw it in a cool documentary) so yeah warped.

Assassin_M
09-06-2012, 11:30 PM
I didn't knowabout ballooning six months ago. BTW Da Vinchi's Flying machine wasn't built and flewn untill a few years ago (saw it in a cool documentary) so yeah warped.

Not "Warped"

Find another word..

Falconer084
09-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Not "Warped"

Find another word..

Oops didn't notice, Warpped

Assassin_M
09-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Oops didn't notice, Warpped

That`s so funny I forgot to laugh..

Falconer084
09-06-2012, 11:40 PM
That`s so funny I forgot to laugh..

Warpped as in warpped timeline it is not ment to be funny? Time Warp if you like.

Definition: bend, distort

According to my dictionary there are two ways to spell it. Probably Queens English as opposed to Americanised, I don't know.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 11:48 PM

There are some reports that claim Da Vinci's glider was indeed built and flown by one of his assistants, who crashed and broke his leg. But the point remains that it was at least designed and built back then. They can stretch history a bit and say Ezio flew it across Venice, but only because it was thematically relevant with the Renaissance setting and Leonardo as a major character. But they can't just say "Hey, let's throw in some hot air balloons, why the f*** not?" They were designed and built in France, hundreds of miles away from Connor, and weren't used in the American military until MUCH later.

Falconer084
09-06-2012, 11:56 PM
There are some reports that claim Da Vinci's glider was indeed built and flown by one of his assistants, who crashed and broke his leg. But the point remains that it was at least designed and built back then. They can stretch history a bit and say Ezio flew it across Venice, but only because it was thematically relevant with the Renaissance setting and Leonardo as a major character. But they can't just say "Hey, let's throw in some hot air balloons, why the f*** not?" They were designed and built in France, hundreds of miles away from Connor, and weren't used in the American military until MUCH later.

You do make a good point but in my idea's defence, what about the Treaty of Alliance? The French were supporting the USA, sending them weapons till th signing of the 1783 Treaty of Parison on the 3rd of September.
Look up the Franco-American alliance.

LoyalACFan
09-07-2012, 03:57 AM
You do make a good point but in my idea's defence, what about the Treaty of Alliance? The French were supporting the USA, sending them weapons till th signing of the 1783 Treaty of Parison on the 3rd of September.
Look up the Franco-American alliance.

I know about the Franco-American alliance, but it wouldn't really make much sense for the French to bring over hot air balloons for the colonies since they hadn't even started implementing them for their own military yet.

Falconer084
09-07-2012, 04:27 AM
I know about the Franco-American alliance, but it wouldn't really make much sense for the French to bring over hot air balloons for the colonies since they hadn't even started implementing them for their own military yet.

I suppose so :(

Still it might happen in anouther ACIII game, thurther into history, like ACII's did with Brotherhood and Revelations. 60 years later into the heroes future.