PDA

View Full Version : Can't install AC, no product key provided..

P07H34D
09-05-2012, 03:19 AM
I ordered the AC Directors Cut on one of the Ubisofts $0 deals.

I recieved my conformation email telling me my order was being processed and that I will need to wait before I can install the download manager.

I waited about 2 days now and finally I get an email saying that I can begin the download manager. So I get it downloaded ready to install and what do you know it asks for a product key.

Well.. I was never included a product key with my order in the confromation email like they said nor was it on the findmyorder link provided in the email.

Not sure what there is to do.

I feel like I was given a game only to be told I can't play it because I was given it for $0.

How am I supposed to be able to play it with a cdkey when they themselves didn't provide me with one...

cmrggamer
09-05-2012, 04:32 AM
Hmm, that is strange. I bought AC/ACII together in a $10 bundle and I remember there was no product key for AC but there was one for ACII. Maybe because you downloaded it/since it's the Directors Cut you have one.
I just checked on Ubishop help section and it says:
You can get your serial number or unlock code from the Order Confirmation email that was sent when the order was submitted, or by looking up your order.

Otherwise, you should probably email Customer Service and if you provide an order number or something they should probably be able to help you.

I hope you get it all figured out!

P07H34D
09-05-2012, 05:06 AM
I already checked the order conf email as I stated in my original post.

Also tried the findmyorder link provided within the email. Neither of those provide the cdkey once I view them. Only the download manager.

Do you know of an email address for the Customer Service?

cmrggamer
09-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Oh okay, sorry, I must have missed that when I read your post. That is strange...

Here is the link I found when I clicked on Contact Customer Service
https://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/DisplayContactFormPage/ThemeID.8605600#bottomForm

Black_Widow9
09-05-2012, 06:44 AM
I already checked the order conf email as I stated in my original post.

Also tried the findmyorder link provided within the email. Neither of those provide the cdkey once I view them. Only the download manager.

Do you know of an email address for the Customer Service?
Hello,
Are you saying you purchased the game from the UBIShop? If so, you can contact them regarding your order here- https://shop.ubi.com/store?Action=DisplayHelpPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=ubina
At the bottom of the page on the right there is a link to Contact Customer Service. You will need to input your details after that. Let us know if you need any other assistance.
Thanks

P07H34D
09-05-2012, 09:28 AM
There was a $0 deal going on where I could get the game for $0 from ubisofts store page.

Waited almost 3 days before they even confirmed the order and then no key was provided.

I'll give CS a try and see if they can't give me a key for the game I now have dled on my desktop with zero options to play.

Jm17848
09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I am on the same boat. They send the confirmation e-mail first. Then the download ling e-mail... so I am thinking the Serial e-mail might arrive soon.

HuskerLax18
09-06-2012, 03:39 AM
I had the same problem. Got an e-mail today saying they decided it was a "price error" that they JUST noticed (after how many days?) and they won't honor their pricing.

I am not one to often complain, but this is crap. Ubisoft has made numerous horrible decisions regarding DRM and making it difficult for people who go about things the right way to actually use their products. I assumed this was a valid promotion as a way to get people into AC who hadn't played it before (like myself) before AC3 comes out.

This is pretty much the final straw for me with Ubisoft. I will no longer be purchasing products created by them. As entertaining as their games may seem to me, their business practices are horrid, and are definitely not worth my time or the hassle.

You would think, even as a price mistake, the proper idea would be to honor the mistake, especially for something so old that could be used to promote the new game. Idiotic.

P07H34D
09-06-2012, 04:09 AM
Sadface :/

SixKeys
09-06-2012, 04:36 AM
I had the same problem. Got an e-mail today saying they decided it was a "price error" that they JUST noticed (after how many days?) and they won't honor their pricing.

Woooooow, what the hell? No way would a regular store be able to pull that crap! If you walked into a Wal-Mart and they had a DVD with the price tag of $0 on it, they would have to admit their mistake and let you have the product. That is absolute bullcrap from Ubi's side. It was their mistake, they took several days to correct it and the customers don't even get what they were promised.

Edit: If you guys already got an e-mail confirming your purchase, wouldn't that technically mean you could take this up with consumer protection? You were given a receipt and a mututal agreement was made between you and Ubisoft that this was a legal purchase. They shouldn't be able to back out once they have entered into an agreement with a customer.

Mr_Shade
09-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Any disputes over pricing / orders need to be directed to the Ubishop - you can contact Customer Services via the links already posted.

You maybe able to pay the correct price and then receive a key.

SixKeys
09-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Any disputes over pricing / orders need to be directed to the Ubishop - you can contact Customer Services via the links already posted.

You maybe able to pay the correct price and then receive a key.

They shouldn't have to pay, though. The confirmation e-mail is as good as a receipt for a successful business transaction. If you walked into a store and got something for free that was advertised as free and three days later one of the store representatives shows up at your door saying "sorry, our mistake, can you give us some money, please?", you wouldn't be very happy, would you?

P07H34D
09-07-2012, 05:41 AM
They shouldn't have to pay, though. The confirmation e-mail is as good as a receipt for a successful business transaction. If you walked into a store and got something for free that was advertised as free and three days later one of the store representatives shows up at your door saying "sorry, our mistake, can you give us some money, please?", you wouldn't be very happy, would you?

After buying Driver : SF for $1 I thought this was some form of customer appreciation by selling a game at $0...

What is probably more sad than that is I thought these $0 deals were legit but apparently every time they have a $0 deal its only because of their shop's inability to correctly change the prices of promo deals on games.

Instead of 25% off coupon I would have been more pleased with a $1 deal for the AC:DC..

Guess I can wait for the $1 deal and use the 25% coupon on that lol..