PDA

View Full Version : Graphics settings for grass/dirt runways?

El Turo
08-13-2004, 11:40 AM
For the longest time, I've been having a very hard time picking out grass and dirt runways/taxiways when I spawn into a game with a grass/dirt runway with cockpit locked (so I can't use a higher POV to taxi and see better), I have a very difficult time picking out "runway" from "offroad".

Is there a particular graphical setting or tweak I can make to the configuration of the game to make these stick out a little better to me? Or, is this just a univerally recognized issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

~T.

Callsign "Turo" in IL2:FB & WWIIOL
of worship
I thought,
reloading my rifle.

~V.

El Turo
08-13-2004, 11:40 AM
For the longest time, I've been having a very hard time picking out grass and dirt runways/taxiways when I spawn into a game with a grass/dirt runway with cockpit locked (so I can't use a higher POV to taxi and see better), I have a very difficult time picking out "runway" from "offroad".

Is there a particular graphical setting or tweak I can make to the configuration of the game to make these stick out a little better to me? Or, is this just a univerally recognized issue?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

~T.

of worship
I thought,
reloading my rifle.

~V.

Ak9779
08-13-2004, 12:48 PM
No, it can be quite a pain picking them out sometimes.

One thing that I learned it they're much easier to spot from higher altitude. 500 or so meters'll usually do the trick. When you're closer to the ground it's harder to make out the shape, and your search radius is smaller.

Other than that, rely on the map to get you in the neighborhood, then circle till you find it. Also look for small hangers or camo nets that give an indication that a field is present...somewhere. But these are hard to see too, sometimes...

Later,
Ak

[[*EDIT* I am an idiot. I thought you meant from the Air.. Can't help much with the other problem, sorry, it get me as well http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ]]

----------------
MACHINE GUN : JAMMED
FUEL TANK: LEAK
ENGINE: ON FIRE
PILOT: WOUNDED
...Yeah, it's gonna be one of those days...

El Turo
08-13-2004, 12:59 PM
I'm pretty ok from the air as long as I've got a bit of altitude and can use the map. The biggest problem I have is picking out the taxiways and runways after spawning into the parking area online. It's a bit rough unless you have the airfield memorized to know where to taxi sometimes.

I was hoping there was some kind of graphical setting I could use to make it stand out better.

No dice though, eh?

of worship
I thought,
reloading my rifle.

~V.

El Turo
08-13-2004, 05:49 PM
Last change bumparooskie for possible fix/tweak.

of worship
I thought,
reloading my rifle.

~V.