PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Ubisoft should release Kraken DLC for AC3?

ACfan443
09-02-2012, 06:05 PM
This thread is just for a bit of fun. So as some of you will know, Corey May has a passion for Kraken, and since there's a naval system, the two would make for some epic gameplay.*

Obviously it isn't gonna be in the main game, but, do you think they should release Kraken DLC?

Personally, I think it would be a great feature! (even though it is fantastical) :P

Locopells
09-02-2012, 06:06 PM
So awesome...

LightRey
09-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Well it's not that unrealistic, so if done well I see no reason not to put it in there, especially if it's just DLC.

EscoBlades
09-02-2012, 06:16 PM
I voted yes, because this is a thing i'd love to see happen!

LoyalACFan
09-02-2012, 06:16 PM
It'd be funny to see it as an Easter egg, like the giant octopus in Venice. But I don't really want to shell out another $10-$15 to fight it in DLC.

De Filosoof
09-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Nope, it isn't a pirates of the caribbean game and i don't want it to be :o.

Edit: Like stated above, the octopus from AC2 as an easter egg would be kinda nice.

ACfan443
09-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Nope, it isn't a pirates of the caribbean game and i don't want it to be :o.

But it would be DLC, not in the main game, therefore you would have a choice of whether you want it or not. But I agree that it sounds pirates of the carribean-ish

rileypoole1234
09-02-2012, 06:24 PM
I think it'd be awesome. I've wanted at least an easter egg since Naval combat was first announced.

De Filosoof
09-02-2012, 06:25 PM
But it would be DLC, not in the main game, therefore you would have a choice of whether you want it or not. But I agree that it sounds pirates of the carribean-ish

I'm sorry but i think it would ruin the atmosphere of the AC universe.

dewgel
09-02-2012, 06:35 PM
It'd be funny to see it as an Easter egg, like the giant octopus in Venice. But I don't really want to shell out another $10-$15 to fight it in DLC.

That was put in there because Corey May is a huge fan of all things Kraken related haha. He begged and begged for it to be in.

ProletariatPleb
09-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Next someone will ask to change Connor's ship anims, he'll wave his arms about and walk/run like a butterfly, wear a red bandana, "Onwards scallywags! full canvas!" "I got a jar of dirt! I got a jar of dirt!" and since we have the Redcoats, we might as well have East India Company chasing us...
Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EynZ65x6Tmo

As much as I like the Kraken(I truly do) it won't work IMO. But then again, that's just my opinion.

Locopells
09-02-2012, 06:55 PM
You've all seen the thread where the Navel Trailer perfectly fits 'He's a Pirate' from the PotC soundtrack, right?

Oh, and please tell me someone's already suggested a Jack Sparrow skin for Connor!

kriegerdesgottes
09-02-2012, 07:04 PM
NO please no. It's absolutely unrealistic and I personally think they are already crossing the line a little with the rope dart. ( yes I know it's a real weapon from CHINA) but the way he uses it to me just looks a little too far fetched and borderline Batman/mortal combat. Sharks or whales and maybe dolphins would be cool but a giant kracken is a bit too much.

De Filosoof
09-02-2012, 07:04 PM
You've all seen the thread where the Navel Trailer perfectly fits 'He's a Pirate' from the PotC soundtrack, right?

Yeah it fits that specific video but it doesn't fit the game.

lothario-da-be
09-02-2012, 07:05 PM
I voted no. But it could fit a story with pieces of eden. connor finds a special piece of eden in the mayan temple that can deform men and animal. The templars steal it but their ship sinks and it drops in the sea... after some years a giant octopus apears...

ProletariatPleb
09-02-2012, 07:06 PM
NO please no. It's absolutely unrealistic and I personally think they are already crossing the line a little with the rope dart. ( yes I know it's a real weapon from CHINA) but the way he uses it to me just looks a little too far fetched and borderline Batman/mortal combat. Sharks or whales and maybe dolphins would be cool but a giant kracken is a bit too much.
^^^^^^^^^^^THIS, WHALES! I wouldn't mind a Moby-Dic* reference, lol.

ACfan443
09-02-2012, 07:10 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^THIS, WHALES! I wouldn't mind a Moby **** reference, lol.

Hahaha

tarrero
09-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Fight the kraken in a DLC????Not so sure, I think a whale, a reference to Moby d ick, could work better...

But it is likely possible witnessing a "strange sea monster" as a easter egg though.

ACfan443
09-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Haha Corey has seen this thread, someone sent him a link on twitter Lol :P

Requiscent
09-02-2012, 07:19 PM
But it is likely possible witnessing a "strange sea monster" as a easter egg though.

I think this would probably be the best option, they alreay did it in AC II so why not do it again in AC III?

ProletariatPleb
09-02-2012, 07:20 PM
I think this would probably be the best option, they alreay did it in AC II so why not do it again in AC III?
Rehashing easter eggs? Oh lawd, what can be worse than that.

dewgel
09-02-2012, 07:22 PM
Haha Corey has seen this thread, someone sent him a link on twitter Lol :P

He posted this idea on his Twitter about a week ago lol

Requiscent
09-02-2012, 07:22 PM
It's only a suggestion. To me it doesn't matter, I can certainly see the delight in fighting the Kraken, but I won't beat myself up over it if it's not in the game (which it isn't as far as we know).

ACfan443
09-02-2012, 07:33 PM
He posted this idea on his Twitter about a week ago lol

And he spoke about it in an interview a few months back, he seems to be very fond of krakens :P

Serrachio
09-02-2012, 07:37 PM
I can see it happening if it was during a side mission where you're trying to board a big ship, and out of the corner of your eye, you see another ship on the sea being suddenly pulled under.

BATISTABUS
09-02-2012, 07:41 PM
This needs to happen. I'm not kidding. Make it in the main game, or make it DLC like Red Dead's Undead Nightmare.

Also, I WANT TO HUNT WHALES!

tarrero
09-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Also, I WANT TO HUNT WHALES!

I prefer that option! A giant squid is just TOO much!

ProletariatPleb
09-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Since it's an easter egg, how about satisfying both conditions? A Whale fighting a Kraken?

dxsxhxcx
09-02-2012, 08:23 PM
I can see it happening if it was during a side mission where you're trying to board a big ship, and out of the corner of your eye, you see another ship on the sea being suddenly pulled under.

this would be cool... it doesn't need to be in a side mission, IMO it could be done during a cutscene of one of the main missions, but this event shouldn't be noticed by the characters, it's just something that is there for the players like the cardboard box making reference to MGS in ACB... :)

BBALive
09-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Not as DLC. I'd be fine with it as an easter egg, but not a downloadable easter egg.

BATISTABUS
09-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Not as DLC. I'd be fine with it as an easter egg, but not a downloadable easter egg.
It wouldn't be the only thing in the DLC, and it wouldn't be an Easter Egg. You'd fight it naval-style.

Black_Widow9
09-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Well I'm not sure it would fit in but I can't help my love for Pirates and all things ocean so heck yes to the Kraken!!!

lonewarrior30
09-02-2012, 10:01 PM
from
Gabriel Graziani ‏@UbiGabe (https://twitter.com/UbiGabe) I GOT @RAGECAVE (https://twitter.com/RAGECAVE) A GIFT FROM THE PAX LOL BOOTH SO HE'LL PUT A KRAKEN IN AC3. NOW HEHAS TO DO IT. :D

MRsmith1994
09-02-2012, 10:04 PM
this,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wQ98DUPAyY

ACfan443
09-02-2012, 10:19 PM
this,,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wQ98DUPAyY

Giant squid ftw.

dex3108BL
09-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Kraken in ACB was Corey May idea :D He managed to persuade guys fom Ubisoft Singapore or Shanghai to put Kraken there :D

SixKeys
09-03-2012, 02:49 AM
An easter egg would be fine, but having to really fight the Kraken would be silly, not to mention too God of War-ish. What's next, Connor has to hunt for unicorns and gryphons?

Ielgon
09-03-2012, 11:13 AM
I'd love it as an easter egg, but not as an actual full battle (maybe it attacking Connor's ship and then if you fire at it once it flees, anything more than that and it would just be silly).

pacmanate
09-03-2012, 06:06 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17xt8wd6d736gjpg/original.jpg

Locopells
09-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Hello beastie...

Ielgon
09-03-2012, 07:49 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17xt8wd6d736gjpg/original.jpg

The b e a v e r on the right is the true boss! XD

superkootje
09-03-2012, 07:53 PM
lol you also say RELEASE THE KRAKEN dlc :P

Makes me think of clash of the titans :D

Caramel.Sheep
09-05-2012, 02:57 PM
I would buy this as DLC without a doubt if you got to fight it as a boss....

BATISTABUS
09-05-2012, 03:58 PM
If they're including all this other stuff in the game, some of which was recorded in history but thought to be ********, I don't know why this should be considered too unrealistic.

CodyAustin2012
09-05-2012, 05:16 PM
I think they should do a assassin game with just naval battle and have it on there. Do a game were you have herd they are transporing pieces of eden. And are on the hunt for them also be able to bring in you assassins in the boat

ACfan443
09-05-2012, 05:30 PM
I think they should do a assassin game with just naval battle and have it on there. Do a game were you have herd they are transporing pieces of eden. And are on the hunt for them also be able to bring in you assassins in the boat

Well, there is pirates of the carribean, if you want a predominantly naval based game, searching for treasures etc

De Filosoof
09-05-2012, 05:56 PM

I would like an assassin's creed game where we have to hunt zombies with guns in a modern-day only game with sports sidemissions instead of helping people etc.
AC3 will be my first AC game so i hope they'll ditch the templar storyline eventually because it's way too complex and doesn't make sense with all the conspiracies, i heard on the news that it's not true and that the people who believe in conspiracies are just conspiracy buff, so...
I think they should change the assassin outfit too, something more like the leather outfit from batman in the awesome batman arham city game, for those who haven't played it yet, it's the best game in the WORLD (besides fifa and CoD ofcourse...).
They could include a huge monster-like creature as a boss fight, that would be EPIC !!
The music from Jesper Kyd was also very weird and sounds like music for hippies.
Music from Hans Zimmer would be way better!
Oh yes, and please, many MANY explosions :D That's actually all i care about.

What do you guys think? :D

Serrachio
09-05-2012, 06:16 PM
I would like an assassin's creed game where we have to hunt zombies with guns in a modern-day only game with sports sidemissions instead of helping people etc.
AC3 will be my first AC game so i hope they'll ditch the templar storyline eventually because it's way too complex and doesn't make sense with all the conspiracies, i heard on the news that it's not true and that the people who believe in conspiracies are just conspiracy buff, so...
I think they should change the assassin outfit too, something more like the leather outfit from batman in the awesome batman arham city game, for those who haven't played it yet, it's the best game in the WORLD (besides fifa and CoD ofcourse...).
They could include a huge monster-like creature as a boss fight, that would be EPIC !!
The music from Jesper Kyd was also very weird and sounds like music for hippies.

NO

(I seriously hope this is sarcasm.)

kriegerdesgottes
09-05-2012, 06:16 PM

Please please tell me this is a joke to get people riled up.

CodyAustin2012
09-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Yes that is true but I would say let them do one for a few reason. The story line would be so much better and the graphics. Pluses I like to see something other than jack sparrow

Locopells
09-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Please please tell me this is a joke to get people riled up.

Of course it's a joke.

arkangelyou
09-06-2012, 07:36 AM

LOL, At first I actually thought you were serious!

masterfenix2009
09-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Wait. Hold up. A metal ball that controls men's minds and stores and can give you answers to the future, a machine that lets you relive your ancestors, and a time nexus isn't too unrealistic, but fighting a kraken is way to crazy? Right....

Assassin_M
09-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Wait. Hold up. A metal ball that controls men's minds and stores and can give you answers to the future, a machine that lets you relive your ancestors, and a time nexus isn't too unrealistic, but fighting a kraken is way to crazy? Right....
Its a realm, mate..

When one makes a standard as "real" and then decides to suddenly deviate away.. then that deviation becomes "Unrealistic" or "Crazy"

ProletariatPleb
09-06-2012, 07:50 AM
Those are easily justified...a Kraken is not.

BATISTABUS
09-06-2012, 11:25 PM
The logic here makes no sense. What's harder to believe? A large squid (some of which have been recorded to be 50 ft long, a Kraken would probably be twice that size at least), or alien technology combined with a genetic hidden sixth-sense bordering on magic?

AC is history combined with sci-fi and other fictional elements. Most of these fictional elements have come from another source, and the team at Ubisoft has just weaved them into their narrative (including most of the conspiracies, aliens aiding the human species, etc.). Sailors have recorded sightings of Krakens (and/or large squids), and the ocean is a vast, largely unexplored place. Compared to a lot of the things you guys consider as "realistic enough", this seems pretty acceptable to me.

Assassin_M
09-06-2012, 11:31 PM
The logic here makes no sense. What's harder to believe? A large squid (some of which have been recorded to be 50 ft long, a Kraken would probably be twice that size at least), or alien technology combined with a genetic hidden sixth-sense bordering on magic?

AC is history combined with sci-fi and other fictional elements. Most of these fictional elements have come from another source, and the team at Ubisoft has just weaved them into their narrative (including most of the conspiracies, aliens aiding the human species, etc.). Sailors have recorded sightings of Krakens (and/or large squids), and the ocean is a vast, largely unexplored place. Compared to a lot of the things you guys consider as "realistic enough", this seems pretty acceptable to me.
Like I said, AC has made a standard.. What is realistic and what is not.. even in terms of our world.. The Kraken is not something realistic in the AC world..

SixKeys
09-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Nitpicking here, but it always bothers me a bit when people refer to TWCB as "aliens". They're not aliens, they were the first civilization on earth. The natives of this planet who created humans and then went extinct.

Regarding the Kraken, like I said before, I'm fine with it existing in the AC universe as an easter egg like in AC2. But fighting it would just be ridiculous. The devs have always strived for historical accuracy and to weave even the most fantastical parts of their story so that they seem plausible. They're just filling the gaps of history that are in the dark. But a 50 ft. long squid destroying some battleships less than 300 years ago would require a pretty da.mn big gap to fill.

Assassin_M
09-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Nitpicking here, but it always bothers me a bit when people refer to TWCB as "aliens". They're not aliens, they were the first civilization on earth. The natives of this planet who created humans and then went extinct.

Regarding the Kraken, like I said before, I'm fine with it existing in the AC universe as an easter egg like in AC2. But fighting it would just be ridiculous. The devs have always strived for historical accuracy and to weave even the most fantastical parts of their story so that they seem plausible. They're just filling the gaps of history that are in the dark. But a 50 ft. long squid destroying some battleships less than 300 years ago would require a pretty da.mn big gap to fill.

Its not nitpicking... Its a serious Issue

BATISTABUS
09-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Like I said, AC has made a standard.. What is realistic and what is not.. even in terms of our world.. The Kraken is not something realistic in the AC world..
How? It's not a magical creature, it's just a large version of an already existing creature which is already known to get extremely large. Technically, any animal besides horses and eagles are out of place in an AC game.

Assassin_M
09-06-2012, 11:37 PM
How? It's not a magical creature, it's just a large version of an already existing creature which is already known to get extremely large. Technically, any animal besides horses and eagles are out of place in an AC game.

You do not understand my bid... answer this, why would a Kraken exist in the AC Universe ? Is it Relevant ?

EDIT: I may not answer any reply to this post, because I will be going to my class now..

SixKeys
09-06-2012, 11:39 PM
You do not understand my bid... answer this, why would a Kraken exist in the AC Universe ? Is it Relevant ?

Technically it already exists whether it's relevant or not.

BATISTABUS
09-06-2012, 11:44 PM
You do not understand my bid... answer this, why would a Kraken exist in the AC Universe ? Is it Relevant ?.
You're a sailor at a time when sightings like this were reported, and AC likes to play with plausible history, so kind of. Does killing bears have anything to do with the Creed or those who came before?

And I'm not talking about fighting a 500 foot tall Cthulhu here. It wouldn't lift up your boat and throw it across the ocean. It'd be large and you'd have to fight it strategically, but I'm not talking about a Clash of the Titans kind of thing.

Even if it doesn't fit in the "real" universe of AC, they could still fit it into the game. Since sailing is a very dangerous job, it'd be natural for Connor to have nightmares about it. The Animus allows you to relive the memories of your ancestors, so why couldn't you relive their dreams?

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_squid

kudos17
09-06-2012, 11:48 PM

This argument ALWAYS comes up with things like this. It's a bad argument. By your logic, why not throw in machine-guns? And planes? And lightsabers?

Sorry if I sound hostile; I'm not. But I'm tired of that train of thought. There's a balance. PoE's, a synch nexus, the Animus - these are all pseudo-science fiction. They're explained within the context of the game from the get-go. They are ideas we are trained to believe as possible in terms of the game world.

If we throw in a mythical beast, that upsets the balance. It's like throwing in Bigfoot, or a werewolf, into the Frontier. No. That's not Assassin's Creed.

Now, a Kraken easter-egg? A la AC2? Sure. Because that's different. You KNOW it's meant to be tongue-in-cheek, and bears no actual relevance to the game. In such a case, it does not upset the balance of the fiction.

tarrero
09-07-2012, 12:02 AM
I prefer hunting whales for regular gameplay and only witnessing this "kraken" as an easter egg

Falconer084
09-07-2012, 12:07 AM
No, it's unrealistic and doesn't tie in with the AC universe
A whale, sharks, but not a Kraken lol.

BATISTABUS
09-07-2012, 12:15 AM
This argument ALWAYS comes up with things like this. It's a bad argument. By your logic, why not throw in machine-guns? And planes? And lightsabers?

That's not a good comparison. Those things came into reality later in time and there was no precedence for them. Hidden Gun was possible because the materials existed and matchlock weapons came soon after. We're talking about something that was recorded and believed to exist by people back then (similar to the gods that AC gives potential explanations to, along with various conspiracies).

If we throw in a mythical beast, that upsets the balance. It's like throwing in Bigfoot, or a werewolf, into the Frontier. No. That's not Assassin's Creed.

The Kraken doesn't have to be a mythical beast. It would work as a very large squid. There's a huge difference between Bigfoot and a werewolf. A werewolf is a magical creature...Bigfoot probably don't exist, but if they did, they wouldn't be breaking any laws of nature. The Kraken/giant squid fall under this category. That doesn't mean I want to be able to kill a Sasquatch...it's already been offered in RDR (if you've played Undead Nightmare, you'll understand why we don't need this...).

The AC team could and would be able to portray a Kraken battle in a realistic and unique way, and I think that'd be a lot of fun.

Also, whales.

Serrachio
09-07-2012, 12:28 AM
If a Kraken was added, I wouldn't like to fight it. That wouldn't strike me as realistic, even if it was plausible.

As I mentioned before, I would prefer witnessing the Kraken as an easter egg and seeing it drag a ship under the ocean, but not the ship that Connor's objective was to board.

BATISTABUS
09-07-2012, 12:30 AM
As I mentioned before, I would prefer witnessing the Kraken as an easter egg and seeing it drag a ship under the ocean, but not the ship that Connor's objective was to board.
Like if you were just sailing along a specific area, see a ship, approach, and it just gets dragged under? I guess I could settle for that...but there better at least be an Achievement.

kriegerdesgottes
09-07-2012, 12:36 AM
I think if it absolutely has to be in there then it would be better if the characters did not acknowledge or notice it in the background or something. having the characters fighting it or even having them watch it drag a ship under is just too far into the fantasy realm and would distract and deviate from Assassin's Creed. If they do it like they did in ACII where if you do a certain action you can see tentacles fly up in the distance or something I could live with that.

Serrachio
09-07-2012, 12:41 AM
I think if it absolutely has to be in there then it would be better if the characters did not acknowledge or notice it in the background or something. having the characters fighting it or even having them watch it drag a ship under is just too far into the fantasy realm and would distract and deviate from Assassin's Creed. If they do it like they did in ACII where if you do a certain action you can see tentacles fly up in the distance or something I could live with that.

Like if you were just sailing along a specific area, see a ship, approach, and it just gets dragged under? I guess I could settle for that...but there better at least be an Achievement.

I mean, the foreground could have Connor sailing after the enemy ship he's gotta get onto, but there could be a ship located far off in the background that is suddenly pulled under by what would appear to be giant tentacles.

A sailor on your ship could notice it perhaps, but Connor and the rest of the crew might not.

Another suggestion could have it so that Connor is required in one naval mission to use his telescope to survey the sea from the Aquila's highest platform, and if the player keeps the telescope pointed at a ship in the distance, they could witness it, but Connor wouldn't do anything about it. That would be a good easter egg, and also a subtle nod to the players of AC2, considering you had to stare at the water twice in the Leonius Assassin Tomb to get the octopus to jump into the air.

kriegerdesgottes
09-07-2012, 12:56 AM
I mean, the foreground could have Connor sailing after the enemy ship he's gotta get onto, but there could be a ship located far off in the background that is suddenly pulled under by what would appear to be giant tentacles.

A sailor on your ship could notice it perhaps, but Connor and the rest of the crew might not.

Another suggestion could have it so that Connor is required in one naval mission to use his telescope to survey the sea from the Aquila's highest platform, and if the player keeps the telescope pointed at a ship in the distance, they could witness it, but Connor wouldn't do anything about it. That would be a good easter egg, and also a subtle nod to the players of AC2, considering you had to stare at the water twice in the Leonius Assassin Tomb to get the octopus to jump into the air.

Yeah I guess I could live with that.

BATISTABUS
09-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Yeah, I like that idea too.

But that doesn't change the fact that I still want to fight it!

Turul.
09-07-2012, 01:17 AM
though i think its a bit too much for AC....it would be the most awesome DLC ever

kudos17
09-07-2012, 02:40 AM
Aquila[/I]'s highest platform, and if the player keeps the telescope pointed at a ship in the distance, they could witness it, but Connor wouldn't do anything about it. That would be a good easter egg, and also a subtle nod to the players of AC2, considering you had to stare at the water twice in the Leonius Assassin Tomb to get the octopus to jump into the air.

Haha, that's perfect. I could see that as an easter-egg. Maybe even a secret achievement, too. (Also, that would be creepy as hell. Like, in AC2, when I saw the easter-egg, I freaked out every time I fell in the water) :p.

Calvarok
09-07-2012, 03:05 AM
I think that the Kraken should be the same one from AC2, if they included it, and there should be some dialogue about if coming from Italy. Maybe a Templar could try to use it against ships!!!

masterfenix2009
09-07-2012, 03:24 AM
I think that the Kraken should be the same one from AC2, if they included it, and there should be some dialogue about if coming from Italy. Maybe a Templar could try to use it against ships!!!
I support this idea. Even if he is sarcastic.

SixKeys
09-07-2012, 03:28 AM

These are actually funny ideas. I wouldn't mind something like this in the game.

Assassin_M
09-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Continuing in my defense, the kraken would work as an Easter egg, however; the sense of its relevancy is obviously in how that is presented and I do no think it can be relevant to the AC Universe, so it should only be an Easter egg...

Falconer084
09-07-2012, 04:59 AM
According to the original ledgends a Kraken were found in the waters around Greenland & Norway.

If you really want an Easter egg that is historically accurate the Sasquatch is the way to go. Still the problem there is the earlyest sightings go back only as far as 1847.
One lesser known one is the Jersey Devil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_Devil)

and I think Serrachio is right with the "A sailor on your ship could notice it perhaps, but Connor and the rest of the crew might not." type of thing.

DJMY1
09-07-2012, 11:37 AM
i voted yes, i know it wont be put in, but its just for fun.

Serrachio
09-07-2012, 08:10 PM
I believe I went and gone did make a meme for this topic.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3qt5t3/

notafanboy
09-07-2012, 08:15 PM
iŽd be much cooler if it is an easter egg, having a dlc pack named kraken would ruin the surprise

Serrachio
09-07-2012, 08:21 PM
iŽd be much cooler if it is an easter egg, having a dlc pack named kraken would ruin the surprise

What about "Terror of the Seas"? A DLC naval memory sequence, including some MP characters and perhaps some story details, which has the Kraken as an easter egg in it.

BATISTABUS
09-07-2012, 09:31 PM
What about "Terror of the Seas"? A DLC naval memory sequence, including some MP characters and perhaps some story details, which has the Kraken as an easter egg in it.
Also, it adds co-op versus naval battles and whale hunts...

Serrachio
09-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Also, it adds co-op versus naval battles and whale hunts...

And the FLYING DUTCHMAN! :O :O :O

playassassins1
09-07-2012, 09:52 PM
If you guys are all making up stuff in AC III. Then why not make Scorpion a playable skin?

BATISTABUS
09-07-2012, 10:04 PM
The actual Flying Dutchman is just a ship without anyone on it. Throw it in, surround it with lots of fog, play some subtle, creepy music, and you got yourself a top of the line Easter-egg right there =P

De Filosoof
09-07-2012, 10:54 PM

AND SOME WITCHES FLYING ON BROOMSTICKS !!:eek: That would be an amazingly difficult archetype to beat.

Yeah ubisoft! Let's do this !!!

De Filosoof
09-07-2012, 11:05 PM
NO

(I seriously hope this is sarcasm.)

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/that-awkward-moment-when-your-sarcasm-is-so-advanced-people-actually-think-youre-stupid.jpg
Lol.

Serrachio
09-07-2012, 11:27 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/that-awkward-moment-when-your-sarcasm-is-so-advanced-people-actually-think-youre-stupid.jpg
Lol.

You have to forgive me. Some people here would actually suggest something as ludicrous as that. :(

De Filosoof
09-07-2012, 11:29 PM
You have to forgive me. Some people here would actually suggest something as ludicrous as that. :(

Haha i know :p.

ShiverMaTimbers
09-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Do it Ubisoft i want to see if im up to the challenge but i'm wondering how conoor would fight the kraken....

Locopells
09-11-2012, 12:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq8EGbz4Puw