PDA

View Full Version : login problem

Kuackillah
09-01-2012, 04:44 PM
i tried to log in and a error window popped up telling me Login Failed ???.
I tried to login 4-5 times and still the same error appears.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/beztytuuijh.png/

Kuackillah
09-01-2012, 05:03 PM
any one have same problem at the moment ? or only i have ?

d4rk1414
09-01-2012, 05:51 PM
same for me !

MD78
09-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Looks like a connection problem to the server. ??? usually pops up, when there's no valid server answer.
Either the game server is down or there is a communication problem on your side, mostly firewall configuration.

gimmeachance
09-02-2012, 07:02 AM
I have the same "??? login failed" problem as well.

The issue started when i was creating a deck, and all of a sudden i had a "timed out" screen. Couldn't do nothing, the "timeglass" was there for like 15 min
and the only way to shut down the game was to end its process from the taskmanager..

Anyway, tried to get back in but at the first 2 tries it actually said wrong password and not "???". on the third try i got the "???"
i now it wasn't wrong since im one of the lazy ones who has the same password for every game ( yesyes its stupid ) but since it close to sep 4th i thought, alright, lets change the uplay password then. Still no luck. i intentionally enter a wrong password and the screen says "wrong password". Enter the correct one, the screen says "???"

And it's not (?) a firewall issue, because i have no problem creating a new account from the game screen and playing with that one...

Oh and i have no problem signing up for the forum using the new password, it only affects the game login.

-update

some more checking and in the logs i found this:
Bloomberg INFO - 08h10m28s - Reporter::InternalInit: Bloomberg has been initialized.
Bloomberg DEBUG - 08h10m28s - Socket::Connect: Trying to connect to MMDoC-BBG01:11234
Bloomberg ERROR - 08h10m30s - Socket::ConvertToIp: Could not retrieve IP address. Host: MMDoC-BBG01
Bloomberg DEBUG - 08h10m30s - ConnectAsyn: Select failed. exceptfds is set.
Bloomberg DEBUG - 08h10m30s - Socket::Connect: Could not connect to MMDoC-BBG01:11234. Error: -1 (error code from WSA)
Bloomberg DEBUG - 08h10m30s - ConnectionManager::SocketConnection::VerifyConnect ion: Could not connect to server at: MMDoC-BBG01:11234

I still think its really weird, since i can login and play with another account

Kuackillah
09-02-2012, 05:11 PM
today morning i make new account i played around 45 minits campaing i get lvl 3 and next i see message ' your time is out ' i try to log in and see same ' ??? '

DAE_Warlof
09-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Bloomberg INFO - 08h10m28s - Reporter::InternalInit: Bloomberg has been initialized.
Bloomberg DEBUG - 08h10m28s - Socket::Connect: Trying to connect to MMDoC-BBG01:11234
Bloomberg ERROR - 08h10m30s - Socket::ConvertToIp: Could not retrieve IP address. Host: MMDoC-BBG01
Bloomberg DEBUG - 08h10m30s - ConnectAsyn: Select failed. exceptfds is set.
Bloomberg DEBUG - 08h10m30s - Socket::Connect: Could not connect to MMDoC-BBG01:11234. Error: -1 (error code from WSA)
Bloomberg DEBUG - 08h10m30s - ConnectionManager::SocketConnection::VerifyConnect ion: Could not connect to server at: MMDoC-BBG01:11234

This log is bloomberg log, the soft which send error report, it looks don't work since a long time (arround beginning of august).

About time out, search arround trace.log

About that, why logs are not in their folder ? (Logs)

gimmeachance
09-02-2012, 06:58 PM
have exactly the same problem as Kuackillah. I get to lvl 3 ( atleast i think i was when i started playing around with the deck builder ), then a timeout occur and that account also gets the "???"

If the bloomberg log is broken, how come it always reports an error when i get the "???" error message ?

Couldn't find anything useful in trace.log, thanks for your help thou. And i agree with you elfaus, how come no .log files are in the correct folder :)

anyhow, poking around the .log files to see if i find anything useful, so far no good. Does anybody know where it install all the files ? can't find where it stores the account name since it always remeber the last good login. And i havent found a good way to uninstall it rather then just delete the whole folder and re-download the whole thing.

sep 4th is coming up quickly, hopefully they hsve sorted this mess when its time for the open beta

regards
Gimmeachance

DAE_Warlof
09-02-2012, 07:59 PM
app data, like every softs :)

type this in your folder explorer ;)

%appdata%\..\Local\Ubisoft\Might and Magic Duel of Champions

That i've seen ??? seems to be an item which isn't translated, so, check your config.ini and try to switch CurrentLanguage=
replace number by another one

[~ ENGLISH = 0 | FRENCH = 1 | GERMAN = 3 | POLAND = 8 ~]

It's not realy the cause of your problem, but it could say more than ???
/!\ don't try other number than quoted one

NessyXD
09-04-2012, 12:13 AM
i have the same problem in my account!
i cant connect to the game for days.... when i try say "login failed ???"

:(

Sidiran
09-04-2012, 01:52 PM
As previous players i have the same problem. I get 3rd lvl and later i couldn't login. only appear "???"

Aza404
09-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Hi guys,

I'm sorry, we've had some server issues over the last few days and apologize for the inconvenience it has caused.
We hope to see you back though soon for the Open Beta!

ZujeZo
09-04-2012, 04:51 PM
same problem, it is end of close beta test

Morinuss83
09-04-2012, 05:39 PM
i used all the numbers you gave us (including 8 as i'm from Poland) but nothing chneged all i get is "???"

joakimw1
09-05-2012, 07:59 AM
after new uppdate i gett unknown error code 46 when i log in.

MD78
09-05-2012, 01:45 PM
The Open Beta Test phase is over, thus no more playing for now.

Don't be so lazy and check the forum before posting, it's all there (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/711247-End-of-Closed-Beta-September-4th) :nonchalance: