PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay questions

Pinkangeln
09-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Hi, I'm a total newb lv28 and I'm loving this game but I'm failing hard to understand some concepts of the game, I'm like a "punch bag" walking.
How can a pursue(lv50) dancing around me (and 3 npcs like me) with a trollmask in the face asking for a stun, takes the contested kill every time I press the stun key? it's almost as if everybody has a macro that kills anyone who does the stun, I don't understand how they do this, when I am the pursue and I don't know who is my victim, I don't jump into his group waiting to be stunned to get a kill or I'll be stunned without getting the kill for sure.
Why the Mute doesn't work when I'm running with a flag or killing someone?
Sometimes when I see my pursue(when they are rushing) in a corner, and I hit stun on them, I can even see the stun animation being initiate, but suddenly, the animation is reverted into me being killed without contesting the kill. Why is that? Is it lag? But my "Nat" thing is always green @_@.
Today I was playing against a "crazy obvious poison rusher" guy, when I see him (far away running at me) I hit the target lock and I start to hit stun like crazy to not give him the time to use the poison on me and I always earn the stun point, but I always get the poison on me too. Is it possible to use the poison when you are being stunned? I can't do this @_@.
Sorry for the long text.
Thank you for your patience.

rita_g
09-01-2012, 02:14 PM
I haven't played enough to answer any of those questions, but I too wonder about the poison. I can't pull it off in ACR unless my target is completely oblivious, I get stunned from a mile away before I even come near poison range. That being said, I got poisoned when my pursuer was no way near me. In both ACB and ACR you have to touch your target to apply it, yet I've been poisoned while stunning from a maximum range, as if I got stabbed with a needle while punching the guy in the face lol I guess it's all about lag, on their screen they've been closer to me or something. Either way it's frustrating. Mute and smoke is all I use in ACR, complete boredom.

Btw, the whole being pulled out of kill/stun animations to die/be stunned is a regular thing in ACR, just get used to it.

Free_Hidings
09-02-2012, 12:02 PM
I think the whole getting poisoned while stunning at maximum range thing occurs when bother off you are either running towards each other or at least moving towards each other. I have poisoned people who instantly stunned me but quickly running at them (goodbye incognito =\), they made it obvious they knew I was after them but because I run at the last minute I think the lag makes my poison hit at the same time as stun. Doesn't always work though. That stupid stun prompt.

obliviondoll
09-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Other than the (frequent) lag problems, the Kill button ALWAYS has the advantage over a Stun. Kill vs. Stun should ALWAYS result in a Contested Kill. The lag that was introduced into ACB in the last patch that game received, and stayed for ACR, gets in the way of that quite often, but the majority of the time, Kill takes priority. In ACB, Pressing Stun when the other guy was pressing Kill left you did with nothing to show for it. At least in ACR you drop the points earned by your pursuer, and get a little credit for picking them out. If you're going after a pursuer, make sure they DON'T know who you are, or use an ability.

Collinwood01
09-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Youre just seeing the tip of the iceberg. Try to have as much fun as you can.