PDA

View Full Version : AC1 has a better frame rate?

Free_Hidings
08-31-2012, 10:34 PM
I purchased the AC Revelations that comes with AC1 aswell. I just recently installed AC1 and gave it a try. I was surprised, compared to Revelations it seems to run MUCH smoother, though obviously the graphics are inferior so this could be why.

I thought this was interesting anyway. Revelations can be so choppy sometimes. For the record I am on PS3.

And a side note, does anyone else think the free running on Revelations is a bit broken? For example, on the memory where Usef is showing you how to use the hookblade, there is at least one jump that you can't successfully make in the same way that he does. It's across rooftops, you are supposed to use the hook to catch yourself at the roof and climb up, but Ezio ALWAYS falls slightly short and ends up catching on halfway down. Very annoying.

naran6142
08-31-2012, 10:39 PM
My only problem with the free running in ACR is that ezio trips... alot...

Free_Hidings
08-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Haha he does but that doesn't bother me so much as it's usually my fault for not shoulder barging people out the way, but this is just weird, the free running mechanics are a bit off and it makes the gameplay a bit unpleasant at times. I also have had awkward moments in the multiplayer where he will miss ledges / fall down rather than jumping (left vunerable at the bottom) which can be annoying but I guess everyone else faces the same problems so you just have to learn to avoid those situations.

The free running in Brotherhood was much smoother, more predictable and more consistent. The hookblade is fun though.

thekarlone
08-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Not always, but is hard to do it.

AssassinVenice
09-01-2012, 12:19 AM
I think that AC 1's overall framerate is pretty bad on the PS3. Revelation seems pretty smooth when free-running,while in AC 1 it begins to slow down and even lock up at times!
Oh well, it still ran better than Splinter Cell Double Agent on the PS3.

xXRyzonXx
09-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I haven't had much success with the PS3 versions of Assassins Creed in the past.. the fps for the xbox version of ACR is smoother though, atleast for me.
Its probably because ps3 is harder to code for...

rileypoole1234
09-01-2012, 12:24 AM
For me on PS3 AC1 has a noticeably lower framerate...

xXRyzonXx
09-01-2012, 12:25 AM
I guess it kinda depends.... i dont understand how that works, but it does... lol.

Legendz54
09-01-2012, 02:27 AM
The sprinting system needs to be more fluid and smooth, when escaping guards it can sometimes feel too boxy. They hopefully fixed this in AC3

dewgel
09-01-2012, 05:05 PM
For me, AC1 on PS3 is definitely the smoothest. If you tilt the camera so it's not showing any NPCs, it's perfectly locked at 60fps, which is how the devs originally coded it.

And personally, I think AC2 felt the best free-running. But that's because of the outfit, it wasn't a massive skirt / robe, Ezio had his Florentine trousers which made it look more fluid.

I don't think the free-running has changed at all since 2 (Obviously there's been mechanics like the hookblade added)

Drifting off topic but did anyone else notice that Desmond's free running in 2 and Brotherhood was really smooth and quicker? He definitely has the best and fluid animations (even if they are the same as Ezios)

Free_Hidings
09-06-2012, 02:01 AM
I honestly find ACR to get real sloppy when free running, especially once you start jumping across rooves. AC1 thus far has been silky smooth. I still prefer ACR by a huge margin, but ACB is king :)

Poodle_of_Doom
09-06-2012, 07:04 AM
I always had problems with the hook and run. I had trouble getting them to work.

playassassins1
09-06-2012, 07:14 AM
AC I wasn't so good on PS3, It had lower frame-rate at times, mainly when free-running..... I haven't had any problem with Any other game though.

arkangelyou
09-06-2012, 07:17 AM
AC I wasn't so good on PS3, It had lower frame-rate at times, mainly when free-running..... I haven't had any problem with Any other game though.

AC1 was horrible on the PS3! Even ACB and ACR didn't run very smoothly IMO. AC2 was silky as hell though! :D

AssassinVenice
09-06-2012, 12:10 PM
In a nutshell, here's how they perform on the PS3, from smoothest to slowest:

ACII>ACR>ACB>AC

I want to see ACIII top that list! :D

BATISTABUS
09-06-2012, 11:16 PM
How about on the 360 where they all run well? =P

Assassin_M
09-06-2012, 11:17 PM
How about on the 360 where they all run well? =P

Humph... Propaganda.

r4inm4n1991
09-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Humph... Propaganda.

Which platform do you play in?

Assassin_M
09-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Which platform do you play in?

Im calling the 360 support, propaganda.. so what do you think ? Microwave ?:p

Poodle_of_Doom
09-07-2012, 03:04 AM
Im calling the 360 support, propaganda.. so what do you think ? Microwave ?:p

Hey, just because we have an average of 15 buttons doesn't mean you get to rage on us. Back off of us toaster oven playing feinds.....

Calvarok
09-07-2012, 03:07 AM
I've seen nothing but terrible frame-rates on AC1. However, AC2 definitely had the best framerate of the series, though it looked a bit worse than AC1.
Brotherhood and revelations build on the same engine without much increasing that engine's capacity to handle improvements, resulting in lower framerates at times.

Hassassiyin
09-07-2012, 09:36 AM
That's probably because you installed the full AC 1 game on your harddrive, 7GB if I remember correctly.
So the game runs smooth because the PS3 plays the game from your harddrive, not from a disc.

Poodle_of_Doom
09-07-2012, 05:23 PM
And why don't we have that option on the other discs?