PDA

View Full Version : Will we EVER get a proper conclusion to Shao Jun?

who-can-i-be
08-30-2012, 08:55 PM
I'm not getting my hopes up as we're probably just gonna get a block of text saying she lived happily ever after, but Ubisoft does owe us a 3DS game. I really, really need a game for mine so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for that. Of course, I'd also settle (begrudgingly) for a comic book series.

I'd rather they give us a handheld instead of make a console game; I guess she's just a coda to Ezio and we're supposed to be done with him, but I digress. What do you guys think?

im3jia
08-30-2012, 08:57 PM
I'd buy it.

Slayer_WTF
08-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I'd like a comic book..

Assassin_M
08-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Did we actually get a Beginning to be given a conclusion ? by your logic, Ubisoft Must give a conclusion to every interesting character they presented..Shao Jun was just an element introduced as some focal point in the end of Ezio`s life..Sure she was a Major Character in Embers, but that still has no relevance.. and sure I`d like closure, but they don't "have" to

Now, Yes, I would by an AC game on the 3DS, but it doesn't HAVE to be about Shao Jun, you know ?

HisSpiritLives
08-30-2012, 09:05 PM
Jun was just part of Ezio story.

LoyalACFan
08-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Let's not forget, Ubi-Gabe let slip that the ways of the Assassin Order (and weapons like the rope dart) were brought to the new world by a Chinese Assassin. I'll bet you ANYTHING that was Shao Jun, and we'll learn more about her in AC3.

naran6142
08-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Let's not forget, Ubi-Gabe let slip that the ways of the Assassin Order (and weapons like the rope dart) were brought to the new world by a Chinese Assassin. I'll bet you ANYTHING that was Shao Jun, and we'll learn more about her in AC3.

that would be pretty awesome

pacmanate
08-30-2012, 11:09 PM

Eh who knows. I remember someone asked Corey May about Shao and he said he couldn't talk about it. A reference would be cool I guess but she wasn't a major AC character. I wouldn't mind if she didn't turn up, but I would always want to know what Ezio gave her at the end of Embers.

Also I just realised, she didn't invent the rope dart so why would she even GET a mention?

Locopells
08-30-2012, 11:56 PM
I'm going with her being in the US at some point. If nothing else, I'd like to know what was in the box Ezio gave her - that's gotta be a lead in for something.

naran6142
08-31-2012, 12:00 AM
Eh who knows. I remember someone asked Corey May about Shao and he said he couldn't talk about it. A reference would be cool I guess but she wasn't a major AC character. I wouldn't mind if she didn't turn up, but I would always want to know what Ezio gave her at the end of Embers.

Also I just realised, she didn't invent the rope dart so why would she even GET a mention?

it think he said something like he wanted to leave shao jun for the future but he had an idea of wat would be in the box...

I dont mind if we dont hear anything about her either but a reference to past assassins is welcome by me

tarrero
08-31-2012, 12:01 AM
I'd like to know what was in the box Ezio gave her - that's gotta be a lead in for something.

This!!!! I also would like to know how did Altairīs apple was retrieved from Masyaf.

Assassin_M
08-31-2012, 12:05 AM
This!!!! I also would like to know how did Altairīs apple was retrieved from Masyaf.
Get Keys--->Go to Masyaf--->Open gate---> get Apple---> Leave

Locopells
08-31-2012, 12:07 AM
That's assuming Abstergo found the keys and didn't just drill their way in...

Assassin_M
08-31-2012, 12:08 AM
That's assuming Abstergo found the keys and didn't just drill their way in...
The can`t drill their way in........ I think.

LoyalACFan
08-31-2012, 12:13 AM
The can`t drill their way in........ I think.

Who knows? The guy they had trying to get in said he hadn't made a scratch on it in like three months, but Abstergo has high-grade explosives.

Come to think of it, it might have been prudent for Ezio to take the Apple out of there (since the Templars knew about the library) and stick it under the Colosseum with the other one... :nonchalance:

naran6142
08-31-2012, 12:16 AM
Who knows? The guy they had trying to get in said he hadn't made a scratch on it in like three months, but Abstergo has high-grade explosives.

Come to think of it, it might have been prudent for Ezio to take the Apple out of there (since the Templars knew about the library) and stick it under the Colosseum with the other one... :nonchalance:

Ezio thought that too but then chose to retire... :p

ProletariatPleb
08-31-2012, 12:19 AM
Err...why does Shao Jun need a conclusion? I felt it was good enough in Embers...maybe we'll get a reference in AC3..MAYBE. But I think it doesn't really require a "conclusion".

LoyalACFan
08-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Err...why does Shao Jun need a conclusion? I felt it was good enough in Embers...maybe we'll get a reference in AC3..MAYBE. But I think it doesn't really require a "conclusion".

Honestly, I hope they follow up on her in a new game simply because I want a game in China.

LoyalACFan
08-31-2012, 12:21 AM
Ezio thought that too but then chose to retire... :p

Yeah... "Y'know, it's only a matter of time until the Templars find this place... Ah, screw it, I'm too old for this ****."

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
08-31-2012, 03:07 AM
lul, If it were a console game it would be a vita game. 3ds has no processing power, and the only thing it has going for it is 3D and Revelations was in 3d. And as a final note, Ubisoft owes you nothing, The sooner you realize that the sooner you can get on with reality

BATISTABUS
08-31-2012, 03:49 AM
There are definitely lose ends that could (and should) be tied up regarding Shao Jun, and I'd like to see more of her in any type of media. Personally, I'd prefer another Embers-style short or two.

deskp
08-31-2012, 05:48 AM
Can't you jsut read about her in the enclopedia or something? Embers purpose wasn't to introduce a new main characther in the series.

If we do get a game with chinese assassins, I doubt it'll be her as the playable characther.

Either way, after leaving Ezio the general movie watching idea is for you to assume she did live happily ever after.

The story was never about her.

Btw i dislike the idea of hidden blade in the shoe instead of wrist. so wrong.

HisSpiritLives
08-31-2012, 08:42 AM

I think he left the apple in the libary ,closed the door ,and hide the keys.I even think that Ezio gave the keys to Jun.

WolfTemplar94
08-31-2012, 11:07 AM
It would be sensible for them to give her story a proper ending. She really does seem like a potentially interesting protagonist too. She seems strong, but not in a cliched way that most most female protagonists seem to be these days.

LoyalACFan
08-31-2012, 03:45 PM
I think he left the apple in the libary ,closed the door ,and hide the keys.I even think that Ezio gave the keys to Jun.

Well, the novel says he hid them in the Yerebatan Cistern, but the novels have been wrong before. Like killing off Rodrigo at the end of AC2. Personally, I think Ezio gave Jun his diary or something, or possibly even some memory seals of his own.

GLHS
09-01-2012, 01:37 PM
This has always bothered me. I don't really care too much about her or to have a story made out for her, but I really wanna know what was in that box. It doesn't matter to me how they answer that question. Whether it be in a book, encyclopedia, comic, game, interview, whatever. As long as at some point, they answer it. It could be something stupid and trivial, but it also could be something relatively important, like a seal or something to that effect.

Assassin_M
09-01-2012, 01:47 PM
This has always bothered me. I don't really care too much about her or to have a story made out for her, but I really wanna know what was in that box. It doesn't matter to me how they answer that question. Whether it be in a book, encyclopedia, comic, game, interview, whatever. As long as at some point, they answer it. It could be something stupid and trivial, but it also could be something relatively important, like a seal or something to that effect.
If it was something stupid, everyone here will chase Ubi`s butt. They`ll call it retcon, poor writing, going out of options or the voice actor for the box was only paid for that Movie so it cant appear again..

Yes...

LightRey
09-01-2012, 02:24 PM
We could just as well ask for closure regarding every other side character in AC. What about Bartolomeo, who was captured by the French after supposedly (according to the database) not following orders and attacking anyways claiming he was trying to recapture an ancient artifact?

Locopells
09-01-2012, 07:26 PM
Well we did get closure on Bartolomeo. We know what happened to him from AC2/B's database. The whole point is that we know nothing about what happened to Shao Jun, and her attempts to build a guild in China, after the events of ACE.

Assassin_M
09-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Well we did get closure on Bartolomeo. We know what happened to him from AC2/B's database. The whole point is that we know nothing about what happened to Shao Jun, and her attempts to build a guild in China, after the events of ACE.
Alright then..

How about closure on Claudia ? or maybe closure on Sofia ? Or her Children ? What the hell happened to those ?

Locopells
09-01-2012, 07:44 PM
As far as Claudia goes, I think the books say more (I know they aren't 100% accurate, but I'm happy to take their word for stuff that isn't shown in the games/films).

OK, just checked the Wiki, and it seems we do know more about her later life. Ditto Sofia and the kids (and we're not really introduced to them in the same way as we are with Shao Jun). The point is that there are several loose threads left over, regarding Shao Jun and her plans for the future, that wouldn't hurt to be cleared up. Even if it is just an entry in AC3's database.

Assassin_M
09-01-2012, 07:48 PM
As far as Claudia goes, I think the books say more (I know they aren't 100% accurate, but I'm happy to take their word for stuff that isn't shown in the games/films).

OK, just checked the Wiki, and it seems we do know more about her later life. Ditto Sofia and the kids (and we're not really introduced to them in the same way as we are with Shao Jun). The point is that there are several loose threads left over, regarding Shao Jun and her plans for the future, that wouldn't hurt to be cleared up. Even if it is just an entry in AC3's database.
Nah not really, We dont know anything about Claudia`s later life, and Ezio`s Kids and wife ? Well I`d like to know what happened to them after Ezio died..Did Sofia remarry ? Commit suicide ? Moved away ?
Yes, we come to agreement..

A mention, an entry in the Database, but not necessarily an entire game

lukaszep
09-01-2012, 07:51 PM
I'd rather never know what was in the box and what happened to her. If they ever revealed what it was, it will always be a disappointment.

I don't think we will get a proper conclusion, so no.
(I just wanted my last post for a while to end in no.)

No.

LightRey
09-01-2012, 08:22 PM
We know what happened to him, yea, but not the artifact.

LoyalACFan
09-01-2012, 10:25 PM
We know what happened to him, yea, but not the artifact.

Yeah we do. It was the Shroud. After the battle, Bartolomeo's cousin Niccolo took the Shroud for himself. Then he took it back to his village, settled into a mansion, and started being a pain in everyone's arse. Later, Ezio's apprentice Francesco Vecellio set out to assassinate him, and when Niccolo was injured by Francesco, he grabbed the Shroud and wrapped himself in it. But instead of healing him, the Shroud turned against him and tore him apart. Francesco took the Shroud, and centuries later, a Templar agent bought it from a collector in WWII.