PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Weather System.

iiTzRJKillax
08-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Hiya Ubi guys first post thread here, about the weather system as we have all seen the weather out in the ocean changes into horrific storms which you don't want to get caught in, in one if our awesome naval battles. So my question is, are we going to have weather changes like that out in the Frontier, Boston and New York, like nice quite sunny day which would then turn into a horrific storm like out at sea, cause you can't exactly have massive storms out at sea and then it be a perfect sunny day on land everyday. I'm am also not sure whether there has already been a post about this or anything like this, and I am not sure again about in one of the videos if someone just said it in one of the videos and I just missed it, sorry, but I'd like to know if it can rain on land and not just out at sea.

Assassin_M
08-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Yes..

Slayer_WTF
08-29-2012, 03:56 PM
They talk about it in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuD2vnu_ctA

BBALive
08-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Yes, the dynamic weather system works on both land and sea.

ACPrincess
08-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Yes depending on the mission also.

rileypoole1234
08-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Yeah.

Assassin_M
08-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Yes..
This really just ends this thread..

:p

Ielgon
08-29-2012, 05:58 PM
To fully answer his question aside from yes (which is already a fine answer of course!). ^^
The game will have a dynamic weather system on land while free roaming just like on the sea with there being variations in both season and mild weather (little bit of rain, like in the boston demo) to heavy thunderstorms (Anvil next trailer).
And I think certain missions will be locked to certain circumstances, like how the only previous heavy storm we got was in ACB I believe with the mission where you chase the cardinal (?) and it would always rain in that mission.

Ork3n
08-29-2012, 09:52 PM
To fully answer his question aside from yes (which is already a fine answer of course!). ^^
The game will have a dynamic weather system on land while free roaming just like on the sea with there being variations in both season and mild weather (little bit of rain, like in the boston demo) to heavy thunderstorms (Anvil next trailer).
And I think certain missions will be locked to certain circumstances, like how the only previous heavy storm we got was in ACB I believe with the mission where you chase the cardinal (?) and it would always rain in that mission.

I think that each mission should have his date and that the weather system should have an algorithm that takes in consideration the last and next mission dates.

It would just feel wrong to have a snowny mission when just before starting it, the day is sunny....

pacmanate
08-29-2012, 11:11 PM
Well we will get rain for sure dynamically. I think snow too in winter, not sure if its constant or if it stops? But yeah, we wont get raging seas on land yet.

Assassin_M
08-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Yes..
I mean really, you guys:p

/thread

pacmanate
08-29-2012, 11:24 PM
\thread :D