PDA

View Full Version : Boston Massacre?

xXRyzonXx
08-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Do you think Connor will play a part in the Boston massacre, if so how?

Stroonzje
08-28-2012, 11:23 AM
i think it one of the major around boston so yeh probably

Locopells
08-28-2012, 11:28 AM
I think this has been talked about before, but he'll probably be there, either as an observer, or trying to calm the crowd down and stop them provoking the soldiers.

Be interesting to see the aftermath as well, especially with all the propergana (such as that rather famously inaccurate depiction) that surrounded it.

HisSpiritLives
08-28-2012, 11:31 AM
He will play part, how big, I dont know.

Locopells
08-28-2012, 04:45 PM
We'll have to see...

Moultonborough
08-28-2012, 07:36 PM
The Boston Massacre wasn't much of anything. The entire thing happened by accident. It was caused by the British General falling and a soldier thought he had said "Fire". No actual command was given and as far as people being killed it only 6 injured and 5 dead if I remember right. Check this out if you want. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Massacre. As far as the game goes, maybe Connor incites the crowd.

Blind2Society
08-28-2012, 09:08 PM
It would be cool to see AC's take on the Boston Massacre. I rather like how the show John Adams portrayed it.

Locopells
08-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Ah...to Google!

OK, I'm with you now.

Blind2Society
08-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Ah...to Google!

OK, I'm with you now.

You mean about the series John Adams?

It's a great show, even being from the UK I think you might like it. You should check it out.

LoyalACFan
08-28-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm almost 100% sure he will be there. If you look in the Independence Day trailer (the one with "Amazing Grace" being sung in the background) you'll see a free black man harassing British soldiers in front of a mob. One of the people killed at the Boston Massacre was a free black man named Crispus Attucks. Now, back in colonial America, relatively few black people were free from slavery, so to see a free black man harassing a British patrol on the streets of Boston in-game (which is exactly what happened historically) seems like more than a coincidence.

Locopells
08-28-2012, 10:28 PM

It's a great show, even being from the UK I think you might like it. You should check it out.

I may well do, I've been watching a lot of US TV lately.

Blind2Society
08-28-2012, 10:48 PM
I've been watching a lot of US TV lately.

Which means you watch a lot more than I do. ; )

Ezio_ilMentore
08-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Connor, who's driven by justice, will definately not turn down a massacre.

kudos17
08-29-2012, 02:05 AM
Connor, who's driven by justice, will definately not turn down a massacre.

What do you mean? Why would he seek justice on the British?

It was a massacre, but only because it was painted as such. No one ever realizes how much the American crowd provoked the British soldiers. I mean, it wasn't all "Haha, stupid brits" and then they fired.

The Americans were taunting them, throwing things at them - snowballs, rocks, etc. - yelling "Fire", challenging the soldiers to fire at them... They were, quite literally, asking for it.

Does that make it okay? No. But really, the Americans were the ones at fault here. The only reason someone fired a shot is because he felt threatened and frustrated. That's the last thing you want someone with a lethal weapon to feel.

I personally think that Connor would be a bystander. I can't imagine him taking action on either side unless there were Templars involved. He'd probably just want everyone to come out alive. Now, the shot heard 'round the world... I have a strong feeling that Connor will be the one to do that, for some reason or another.

Kit572
08-29-2012, 03:59 AM
I personally think that Connor would be a bystander. I can't imagine him taking action on either side unless there were Templars involved. He'd probably just want everyone to come out alive. Now, the shot heard 'round the world... I have a strong feeling that Connor will be the one to do that, for some reason or another.

If he is involved, I think he would most likely want everyone to come out alive too. Unless there are Templars involved in the massacre then MAYBE not everyone :P

LoyalACFan
08-29-2012, 05:06 AM

I think he's definitely going to be a bystander. It's not like the massacre resulted in a major battle where lots of people got killed and they could blame some of them on Connor. Historically, I don't think there's much they could say he did other than watch. Unless they completely threw facts aside and had him slaughter all the British guards who fired the shots, which would really irritate me.

Also, one of the preorder bonuses nets you the Scottish Flintlock, "rumored to have fired the Shot Heard 'Round the World." So I'm almost certain he'll do that.

Black_Widow9
08-29-2012, 06:36 AM

You mean this one right?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472027/

If so, it is really good. :)

HisSpiritLives
08-29-2012, 07:55 AM

It was a massacre, but only because it was painted as such. No one ever realizes how much the American crowd provoked the British soldiers. I mean, it wasn't all "Haha, stupid brits" and then they fired.

The Americans were taunting them, throwing things at them - snowballs, rocks, etc. - yelling "Fire", challenging the soldiers to fire at them... They were, quite literally, asking for it.

Does that make it okay? No. But really, the Americans were the ones at fault here. The only reason someone fired a shot is because he felt threatened and frustrated. That's the last thing you want someone with a lethal weapon to feel.

His role will depend on how ubisfot will ,,present, that massacre.

Kit572
08-29-2012, 08:49 AM
His role will depend on how ubisfot will ,,present, that massacre.

Sorry for going slightly off-topic but... Nice typos in your signature. :)

SevketErhat
08-29-2012, 09:42 AM
As a non-American I am not very familiar with this subject but I am watching John Adams mini series as recommended by Game Informer Magazine

Locopells
08-29-2012, 01:29 PM

That's why the picture at the top of the thread, though famous, is wrong. It was propaganda to whip up support.

I have to go with what you said, I don't see this being in Connor's line. Ezio, maybe, be he regretted doing something similar in ACR.

Blind2Society
08-29-2012, 02:53 PM
You mean this one right?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0472027/

If so, it is really good. :)

Yup, that's the one.

Ezio_ilMentore
08-29-2012, 06:20 PM

My point is, Connor would definately not ignore such even.

Regardless if the Americans were at fault or not, he will try to end the violence if it means preventing harm against civilians and ending Templar lives. Besides, how likely is it that the Templars wouldn't be involved?

Locopells
08-29-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah, but ordinary soldier squads in the street aren't likely to be 100% templars, if at all. Quite likely that they're not involved, it was just a random incident, unless ACIII has something to tell us...