PDA

View Full Version : Time/Gold ratio is too high considering the cost of packs and especially new decks

BonzaiiSheep
08-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Hey there i have played this beta for a couple of days now with a Necrodeck, the more i played it the more i liked it. Until i reached a point where i felt like making my own deck or even playing a new one.
So i bought a few hero packs and some other ones from the loads of gold i won in the campaign. Then i tried making my deck and realised that i didnt have near enough cards from the other factions to make one of theirs, then i traded in my seals for gold and got no closer from the few packs i invested in.
So i was stuck with my slightly expanded old Necrodeck.

But now i am out of gold and i realised that the only way for me to get more is to enter the tournaments (which i will never win with my present deck) or duel. So i am dueling and realised that my duels generally last for about 15 minutes and the normal amount of gold i get from each is about 600.
So according to my calculations, if i want to buy a Reinforcement pack i will have to play for approximately 315 minutes, i.e. 5 and a half hour, and that is just for getting 12 random cards i might even never be able to use. (12500/600 = 21x15 = 315/60 = 5.5 Hours)

I could of course buy an already made deck, so if i wan't the cheapest ones i will only have to play for 1560 minutes or more precisely 26 hours!! Thats insane, i mean i like the game and all but 26 hours of the same game with the same deck is just too much in any game. (62500/600 = 104x15 = 1560/60 = 26 Hours)

Oh and No i will not buy coins, i expect i will have to pay for the game once it is done and i will not pay for something that should be given freely (within a reasonable time limit!) In order to play the whole game i.e trying all the decks.
And even if it is free i still think 26 hours of repetetive gaming is a lot to ask for in order to try 1 other deck.

I now i sound bitter now but it isn't meant as aggresssively as it is said, i am just trying to make a point :)

Gloignar
08-27-2012, 11:29 AM
What you forgot in your calculations is that you also lvl up, and after every lvl you gain 150 seals (15.000 gold) and 10.000 gold, so in theory, 25.000 gold, that is 2 boosters right there, and I have find that lvling up goes kind of fast (i'm at lvl 15 now and until now its going kind of smooth.

Also, after every 5 lvl's (so, lvl 5, 10, 15, 20, etc..) you get a 1000 seals, with that you can buy a booster box, what equals 10 boosters, so you get 120 cards right away.

I'm now playing for less them 2 weeks and I have cards to make a decent deck of any faction, and specialy my Inferno is doing well, i'm in the top 100 currently on the ladder (or at least, I was yesterday). Anyway, I don't think it goes too slow, I have already bought 3 boosters box (at every lvl that I get 1000 seals) and I have bought some hero boosters, some normal boosters and 1 deck, and that all in less then 2 weeks (or probably today about 2 weeks).

Anyway, good luck ;)

r3tsa
08-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Few patches earlier gold rewards, were higher for longer duels. No idea why they changed it.

Devwarr
09-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Few patches earlier gold rewards, were higher for longer duels. No idea why they changed it.

This would make sense. Or add a few feats in each battle which add a little more gold... eg if you kill 20 creatures in the game 200 gold. Flawless victory 200 gold etc.

gewloh
09-04-2012, 12:18 AM
Personally i think that time/gold ratio is ideal taking under consideration that you can play for free if you want to. If you don't get satisfaction just from playing the game and earning new cards there is no other option than buying new packs. You have to pay for cards either with your time or with your money, it's your choice.

r3tsa
09-04-2012, 01:20 AM
But earlier the gold was distributed due to the time spent on duel, this way you could earn about the same gold amount for three 3 minutes duels as for one long 10 minute duel. Now the balance is broken and it is just plain bad, because it favors quick rush decks. The same issue goes with xp points, but i don't know if it was even changed, but for sure the maximum xp gap per duel can scare away from further playing after a 20+ minute duel.

Basically faction/play style/card collection shouldn't have any impact on players progress, for the game to be successful, buying cards should be a reasonable way to safe time and also free player should always have decent chance vs player who invests real money in the game, considering of course they are on equal skill level.

MD78
09-04-2012, 01:26 AM
Basically faction/play style/card collection shouldn't have any impact on players progress
Good point, certain deck types shouldn't be favored by gold and XP-points distribution.