PDA

View Full Version : Question on Bonus Content Release for Everyone

projectpat06
08-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Mr. Shade or Black Widow, would you have a rough gestimate on long after the release date until we will be able to purchase the other pre-order bonuses we will not get with our pre-ordered copy? Personally I wish all the bonus content would come out the first week at least giving us the option to pay for it which ones we individually want. Players would still be happy since they get whatever preorder content they chose via their selected retailer for free. I hate bringing up another company, but rocksteady took a while to release the other dlc exclusive content causing players to barter and scalp the content online to each other on the forums. I imagine Ubisoft will still profit off of everyone willing to shell out money for extra content when they genuinely excited when the game first comes out so I hope they don't do the same and release the outfits and whatnot a month or two later after the innovator buying class has already completed the main game. (I'm sure they will play multiple throughs but still)

If anyone feels the same or differently or has information on this, please share.

Black_Widow9
08-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Hello,
We have no official date on when this will happen or if it will happen at all. Sometimes the bonus content is never released and remains exclusive so we can't really say either way. I'm sorry but you will have to wait and see. ;)

DarkSolitude-X
08-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Hello,
We have no official date on when this will happen or if it will happen at all. Sometimes the bonus content is never released and remains exclusive so we can't really say either way. I'm sorry but you will have to wait and see. ;)

Or if it will ever happen? So people may have to buy multiple copies of the same game, to get the DLC scheduled for certain retail chains. Sounds like a massive money grab to me. So I am curious as to what this DLC Season pass is for then, and to what extent the offerings will have.

Publishers are killing the gaming industry with these exclusive deals and greed.

MT4K
08-26-2012, 10:19 PM
The season pass is most likely for the huge dlc they are planning on making for ac3. They intend to support the game for longer than the previous games and the dlc is a way to do that. Nothing says that it will be the pre-order stuff, but those will likely be released at some point in the year anyway like with previous titles. Of course though nobody can say there is a 100% guarantee just in case.

They have a dedicated team the last i heard that will focus purely on dlc for the game after release. So we should epect lots of good things and it should make the season pass worthwhile in the long run.

deskp
08-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Don't worry people, everyone will get a chanse to pay for everything. For previous games the pre order costumes has been bundled in with other dlc.

I have complete faith that it'll be available to everyone who wants to pay later in some way directly from ubisoft/psn/xbl

theres no way there gonna sit on all that content and not give people some way to pay them for it. especialy if they want to sweeten their season pass.

Don't expect the ps3 missions will ever show up on other platforms tho.

LoyalACFan
08-26-2012, 11:16 PM
It would be silly not to release them as DLC. They'll probably be released along with one of the bigger packs, just like the Da Vinci Disappearance.

SixKeys
08-27-2012, 01:30 AM
In the case of ACB, PS3 got the exclusive Copernicus Conspiracy missions that were never released for PC or XBox. Sometimes exclusive things really do stay exclusive.

deskp
08-27-2012, 01:36 AM
There was a giveaway from the turkish armor for ACR on gamespot, they might do some giveaways for ac3 aswell.

the costumes/weapons are being advertised as ULC (unlockable content) so there might not be any downlaod at all, making it easier for ubisoft to distribute it without involving sony/microsoft

Serrachio
08-27-2012, 01:42 AM
In the case of ACB, PS3 got the exclusive Copernicus Conspiracy missions that were never released for PC or XBox. Sometimes exclusive things really do stay exclusive.

There's also the Benedict Arnold missions for AC3, but I believe all the pre-order content that is advertised will eventually come packaged in a DLC later down the line.

projectpat06
08-27-2012, 03:12 AM
I sure hope so. I understand the purpose and advantages of DLC from both the consumer and producer's standpoint but it just wouldn't make since to allow players to pay for something like the costumes. Personally i want the three separate missions that come with different retailers and the two costumes. The weapons are cool, but I can do without. I would actually buy a special edition for the first time ever if it had all the dlc in it.

Calvarok
08-27-2012, 03:15 AM
Generally the stuff you can't get without getting a specific version of the game at launch isn't really all that big a deal in the first place.

Generally has very little story attached, and is pretty short.

And anyways, I don't need even MORE side content to distract me from completing the main story!

projectpat06
08-27-2012, 09:05 AM
Hello,

and Thank you Black_Widow9. I think they will eventually, but if the consumers' demand for all the content is highly evident which I imagine we'll see in future threads, I can't see the company objecting to selling it. Maybe Mr. Shade and yourself could possibly address this to the rest of the team without confirming it to the public for obvious reasons. That would piss off those retailers that you've built relationships with.

What I really wish they would have done was make these outfits as unlockables in every game requiring you to complete a bunch of side quests to get the outfit. Just something cool to work towards that's rewarding for the player.

DarkSolitude-X
08-27-2012, 01:20 PM
and Thank you Black_Widow9. I think they will eventually, but if the consumers' demand for all the content is highly evident which I imagine we'll see in future threads, I can't see the company objecting to selling it. Maybe Mr. Shade and yourself could possibly address this to the rest of the team without confirming it to the public for obvious reasons.

Unfortunately, the dev team have nothing to do with this. It's all the fatcat suits in the publishing department that make these decisions. At best, Alex Hutchinson or another dev like Corey May could go to the suits and plead to release the extra content.

Black_Widow9
08-28-2012, 03:36 AM
Unfortunately, the dev team have nothing to do with this. It's all the fatcat suits in the publishing department that make these decisions. At best, Alex Hutchinson or another dev like Corey May could go to the suits and plead to release the extra content.
Actually, the feedback that Shade and I collect gets passed on to your ComDev's and depending on what it is, they are integral in helping with these kinds of decisions.

It never hurts to ask or request things. That's what the forums are for also. ;)

projectpat06
08-28-2012, 06:56 AM
Actually, the feedback that Shade and I collect gets passed on to your ComDev's and depending on what it is, they are integral in helping with these kinds of decisions.

It never hurts to ask or request things. That's what the forums are for also. ;)

And I am much obliged for your work.

Locopells
08-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Or if it will ever happen? So people may have to buy multiple copies of the same game, to get the DLC scheduled for certain retail chains. Sounds like a massive money grab to me. So I am curious as to what this DLC Season pass is for then, and to what extent the offerings will have.

Publishers are killing the gaming industry with these exclusive deals and greed.

Of course they'll release the bonuses eventually. Once the game's out, they're of no more profit to Ubi, unless they sell them...

Mr_Shade
08-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Some content may remain exclusive to PS3 - it has in the past - so I wouldn't assume everything always gets released.

As to the pre-order outfits, in the past some have been released as part of other DLC - however that's not to say it will happen again..

If you have the chance to get some by pre-ordering, I suggest you get the one /ones you really want, since as BW said, we can't say when or even IF it will happen again - so I would not like to make promises that we can't keep.

Locopells
08-28-2012, 11:42 AM
I was talking about the pre-order bonus available for all platforms, not the PS3 ones.

Mr_Shade
08-28-2012, 12:25 PM
I was talking about the pre-order bonus available for all platforms, not the PS3 ones.
My post was a general one, to the thread as a whole.. not a reply to yours :)

Locopells
08-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Ah, sorry.

projectpat06
08-28-2012, 07:26 PM
Like I said I hope they do. I usually like to go to the Midnight release at gamestop where in the past they did trivia (win copies of the game), pizza, other free give aways, etc but I also want one of those outfits soooo I can't decide which to go with

Helforsite
08-28-2012, 07:36 PM
So, i figured out this would be the right thread for my question/request:
Will the Season Pass be available for PC? Please make it so, because in the past it was really troublesome for me to get one dlc package so i ended up buying just one!