PDA

View Full Version : Anvil Next

Subject-22
08-26-2012, 05:21 AM
Hey all,

With the anvil next trailer its amazes me what they've been able to do with it mechanics wise, with the tree climbing, weather, AI and whatnot.
But does anyone reckon the graphics have changed at all? Because it doesnt seemed to have. It really looks the same as Revelations.

Now im not hating on the engine, im just curious to see, is it because of the consoles hardware limitations? Or can you guys see something and i cant :P

- Subject 22

xXRyzonXx
08-26-2012, 05:24 AM
I think the game looks significantly better in certain places, I think it looks very nice, also the physics appear to have been improved, alot.

LoyalACFan
08-26-2012, 05:34 AM
A lot of the videos on YouTube are complete rubbish thanks to terrible compression. But if you watch them as they were actually intended to be viewed, the graphics looks significantly better. And the physics are LIGHT-YEARS ahead of previous AC games.

HisSpiritLives
08-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Hey all,

With the anvil next trailer its amazes me what they've been able to do with it mechanics wise, with the tree climbing, weather, AI and whatnot.
But does anyone reckon the graphics have changed at all? Because it doesnt seemed to have. It really looks the same as Revelations.

Now im not hating on the engine, im just curious to see, is it because of the consoles hardware limitations? Or can you guys see something and i cant :P

- Subject 22

Graphics are improved you should check video ,,Inside AC3,, there you have some nice pics where you can see that graphics are improved

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 09:26 AM
When we use "game engine" we are implying a computerized game that can be isolated into distinct parts from a development or configuration perspective, where one of these parts is the "engine" that handles the internal functionality and algorithms for playing the game. Another distinct part is usually the user interface (UI) that includes the graphics, so it is not correct to say that the game engine includes the graphics. The game engine may include physics algorithms for simulating real-world motion and perspective, so the engine may determine how graphics are presented, but typically when you think of a game engine, think of an isolated (that is, one you could theoretically replace with a different engine to play the same game) component that does behind-the-scenes calculations.

HisSpiritLives
08-26-2012, 09:33 AM
They said they used engine for alowing tree climbing ,weather system ..etc, but they didnt mention the graphic but i am sure the graphics are improved too

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 09:35 AM
They said they used engine for alowing tree climbing ,weather system ..etc, but they didnt mention the graphic but i am sure the graphics are improved too
Good observation ;)They are improved, just don't put graphics and engine in the same field, because they are 2 different things..

HisSpiritLives
08-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Good observation ;)They are improved, just don't put graphics and engine in the same field, because they are 2 different things..

Yeah i understand the difference :D

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Yeah i understand the difference :D
Good..:D

Just pointing it out, because some people here seem to be a bit confused about it

pacmanate
08-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Well the graphics are better, it is all dependent on what youtube videos you see.

thebluesquirell
08-26-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm really curious about the graphics of this game! I think they look much better than in previous ac-games but I wounder if there are any systemspecs released yet. If there arn't, do you think I can run AC3 on max graphics and 1920*1080 with 60+ fps with: Geforce GTX 580, i7 2600k 3.4Ghz quadcore and 8gb ram. Thank you. :)

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 05:18 PM
I'm really curious about the graphics of this game! I think they look much better than in previous ac-games but I wounder if there are any systemspecs released yet. If there arn't, do you think I can run AC3 on max graphics and 1920*1080 with 60+ fps with: Geforce GTX 580, i7 2600k 3.4Ghz quadcore and 8gb ram. Thank you. :)
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1314&game=Assassins%20Creed%203

Mr_Shade
08-26-2012, 06:48 PM
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=1314&game=Assassins Creed 3
The official system requirements have not been released yet..

So, I would only take any online at present as 'guesstimates' - the final specs may differ, so please remember that ;)

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 06:53 PM
The official system requirements have not been released yet..

So, I would only take any online at present as 'guesstimates' - the final specs may differ, so please remember that ;)
Well, he did ask for estimates :p

Calvarok
08-26-2012, 07:05 PM
The AnvilNext engine is definitely more about allowing for increased scale and increased realization of the art, as well as better physics, but I think the graphical bump is quite large and noticable. Standing a Revelations face next to an AC3 face makes it quite clear.

Ielgon
08-26-2012, 07:46 PM

Of course the way the UI is represented is limited by the capabilities of the engine. So graphics are limited by the engine, they're just not handled by the engine itself for the most part when the game is running. This is what trips a lot of people up because then they think the graphics are a part of the engine. Think of the engine as a docking station for different things, and the part of the game that handles the graphics can dock into that only if the clips fit, they're not actually part of it but they are connected to it. The game part of the game runs on the engine, but the way it is presented goes through the graphics/UI that has "docked into" the engine. (Just adding to your point Assassin_M, to make it clear for people!)

I'm really curious about the graphics of this game! I think they look much better than in previous ac-games but I wounder if there are any systemspecs released yet. If there arn't, do you think I can run AC3 on max graphics and 1920*1080 with 60+ fps with: Geforce GTX 580, i7 2600k 3.4Ghz quadcore and 8gb ram. Thank you. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png

I can't say for sure but your PC is pretty high end in the current market, so you might be able to play at 1920*1080 at 60+fps and maxed depending on how well AC3 is optimized. You'll easily be able to play it at 1920*1080 though, just not sure if you could get 60+ fps maxed out. I'd say 60+ fps on 1920*1080 on medium atleast (Of course it all depends on how well AC3 is optimized so I can't say for certain).

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Of course the way the UI is represented is limited by the capabilities of the engine. So graphics are limited by the engine, they're just not handled by the engine itself for the most part when the game is running. This is what trips a lot of people up because then they think the graphics are a part of the engine. Think of the engine as a docking station for different things, and the part of the game that handles the graphics can dock into that only if the clips fit, they're not actually part of it but they are connected to it. The game part of the game runs on the engine, but the way it is presented goes through the graphics/UI that has "docked into" the engine. (Just adding to your point Assassin_M, to make it clear for people!)
A positive addition, as well..

Thank you very much:D

I hope now people can understand better.

Ielgon
08-26-2012, 07:55 PM
A positive addition, as well..

Thank you very much:D

I hope now people can understand better.

No problem mate!

dewgel
08-26-2012, 09:05 PM
I've mentioned this before, but I've seen the game being played in person on the ps3, and it looks amaze balls, really high details on close ups and gameplay is great. One thing to note that people were judging was the snow when Connor walks through it. On YouTube I thought it looked like ice cream and milk lol but in person it's bloody great. You can see the detail really clearly

SteelCity999
08-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Adding to what has been said, the game engine is the brain of the game. There's lots of sub-systems attached to it and facilitates the games performance. However, the engine has limitations due to hardward configurations and the like. AnvilNext is probably and most likely capable of handling and producing alot better gameplay than what's on the current gen systems. Unfortunately, you probably won't see this until the next gen systems are out because AC is ported over to PC and therefore the engine cannot fully take advantage of a higher end PC's advanced hardware.

HisSpiritLives
08-27-2012, 08:06 AM
Adding to what has been said, the game engine is the brain of the game. There's lots of sub-systems attached to it and facilitates the games performance. However, the engine has limitations due to hardward configurations and the like. AnvilNext is probably and most likely capable of handling and producing alot better gameplay than what's on the current gen systems. Unfortunately, you probably won't see this until the next gen systems are out because AC is ported over to PC and therefore the engine cannot fully take advantage of a higher end PC's advanced hardware.

I cant wait to see what next gen will bring.

anik_lc
08-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Still wonder if this engine can capable of making next-gen titles. If not, then only for one game and maybe few DLC's?

deskp
08-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Still wonder if this engine can capable of making next-gen titles. If not, then only for one game and maybe few DLC's?

It has already made 4 ac games and some other ubisoft games, its thechincaly sjtut he evolution of anvil.

Sure it will be able to make next gen games, they will update it to if it doesent already.