PDA

View Full Version : No love for xbox?

xXConnorzzXx
08-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Hello, first of all I would like to clarify that I am by no means attempting to start a console war. I own both a ps3 and an xbox, and i enjoy them both alot.

However I have noticed that there is no Ac3 xbox 360 gameplay released, and this worries me a little, I have preordered AC3 Freedom Edition for Xbox, and the fact that there has been no 360 gameplay released (Well, i havent found any atleast, only WiiU and PS3) makes me wonder if the game looks or runs bad on the 360.

I'm extremely hyped for the game, but I'm hoping it looks and runs as good on the 360 as its ps3 counterpart.
If there is indeed 360 gameplay please post it.

-xXConnorzzXx

BeCk41
08-25-2012, 05:55 PM
It will run fine on the 360 as the games new Anvil Engine is designed for the two consoles. Not too sure about the PC though, poor computer gamers always get everything released way later. :/

dewgel
08-25-2012, 06:02 PM
It'll be fine. Since Brotherhood all AC Games have had more content on PS3, Alex Hutchinson said this is simply due to working relationships built up between Ubi and Sony. Basically, Sony will bave agreed to provide them with consoles and cheaper dev tools, and Sony products at events (Not to mention the Vita game), in return Ubi give the PS3 version a bigger nod

One thing I do like however is that Ubi don't act like the 360 doesn't exist, it still appears in marketing material. Whereas Call of Duty's adverts always have "PRE ORDER NOW ON XBOX 360" and that's it.

To be fair I'm a PS3 user and I've noticed that previous AC games have better shading and lighting on the 360

ToniTorsi
08-25-2012, 06:08 PM
It'll be fine. Since Brotherhood all AC Games have had more content on PS3, Alex Hutchinson said this is simply due to working relationships built up between Ubi and Sony. Basically, Sony will bave agreed to provide them with consoles and cheaper dev tools, and Sony products at events (Not to mention the Vita game), in return Ubi give the PS3 version a bigger nod

One thing I do like however is that Ubi don't act like the 360 doesn't exist, it still appears in marketing material. Whereas Call of Duty's adverts always have "PRE ORDER NOW ON XBOX 360" and that's it.

To be fair I'm a PS3 user and I've noticed that previous AC games have better shading and lighting on the 360

Care to provide a link?

I always thought AC looked better in the PS3 since....I heard a rumor that the game it's first developed on the PS3 then ported to the Xbox 360.

Slayer_WTF
08-25-2012, 06:11 PM
It 's just marketing. They have always shown the PS3 version, but the best one technically has always been the 360 ​​version, then go quiet.

We'll see if it happens again with AC3.

Ielgon
08-25-2012, 06:25 PM
It 's just marketing. They have always shown the PS3 version, but the best one technically has always been the 360 ​​version, then go quiet.

We'll see if it happens again with AC3.

I really think with AC3 the gap between PS3 and Xbox will have been closed performance and graphics wise, the Wii U will probably end up being the superior console version due to the framerate, while the PC will again end up being the best all around. But of course everyone should just enjoy the game instead of nitpicking over minor differences between the versions (this won't be like the difference between FF XIII on PS3 and Xbox, which was big enough to bother some people).

Care to provide a link?

I always thought AC looked better in the PS3 since....I heard a rumor that the game it's first developed on the PS3 then ported to the Xbox 360.

I think AC1 was developed for Xbox first and then ported, AC2 was designed for PS3 first (which is why it's the only game in the series that runs perfectly on it) and then ACB and ACR was Xbox again. Not sure which AC3 was designed for in the first place though, read somewhere a while after it was first announced that it was PS3 again like AC2 but it might also just be both if anvil next isn't biased towards a certain console architecture.

The exclusive content is just side missions that until now haven't been amazing so Xbox players in my opinion aren't really missing out on a lot, in fact up until now their version ran better framerate wise (I've read that ACR is nearly the same, but that AC2 and ACB had superior lighting on PS3 at the cost of framerate). You just keep seeing things like exclusive content and it being demo'd on PS3 because they've got a deal with Sony and as has been said before the marketing doesn't deny the Xbox versions existence, all versions will be fine and fully playable without too much of a difference.

Slayer_WTF
08-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Legion, from what I'm reading around the Wii U may be the worst:

I suppose that the biggest question everybody has about the Wii U version has to do with just how good the game looks. Honestly, it looks incredible on Wii U. So incredible, in fact, that it makes me wonder why the PS3 version looks as ropey as it does. This isn’t to say that the PS3 demo I played looked abysmal, far from it, but it definitely didn’t look as smooth and texture rich as the Wii U version does.

Looks like all games aren't created equally...yet. Ubisoft has said that the Wii U version of Assassin's Creed III is missing some of the lighting and particle effects that you see in the 360/PS3 version of the game. Ubisoft's plan is to fix that and get the game running the same as it is on 360/PS3, but that all depends on how much time they have left before they ship.

dewgel
08-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Care to provide a link?

Cant really be bothered to link it, it was posted previously. I'm on my iPhone but if you find the thread from Gamescom when Alex H revealed that the 60 hours gameplay is Benedict Arnold it's on that.

As for PS3 being developed on the PS3 it might be. There's never been any bugs on 360 so there shouldn't be a worry this time. Unlike Skyrim, Black Ops and many others on PS3

Ielgon
08-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Slayer, was that aimed at me? If so it's an upper case i and then later a lowercase L so IeLgon (no problem though mate!).
And I thought the Wii U version ran at constant 60 fps while PS3 and Xbox would be 30? A couple of missing lighting and particle effects is worth a constant smoother framerate in my opinion (Still getting PS3 though!).
That having been said the inside Assassin's Creed 3 gameplay looked really vibrant, sharp and super smooth. Wonder which version that was (PC?).

Slayer_WTF
08-25-2012, 06:39 PM
lol, sorry. :p

ToniTorsi
08-25-2012, 06:40 PM
I really think with AC3 the gap between PS3 and Xbox will have been closed performance and graphics wise, the Wii U will probably end up being the superior console version due to the framerate, while the PC will again end up being the best all around. But of course everyone should just enjoy the game instead of nitpicking over minor differences between the versions (this won't be like the difference between FF XIII on PS3 and Xbox, which was big enough to bother some people).

I think AC1 was developed for Xbox first and then ported, AC2 was designed for PS3 first (which is why it's the only game in the series that runs perfectly on it) and then ACB and ACR was Xbox again. Not sure which AC3 was designed for in the first place though, read somewhere a while after it was first announced that it was PS3 again like AC2 but it might also just be both if anvil next isn't biased towards a certain console architecture.

The exclusive content is just side missions that until now haven't been amazing so Xbox players in my opinion aren't really missing out on a lot, in fact up until now their version ran better framerate wise (I've read that ACR is nearly the same, but that AC2 and ACB had superior lighting on PS3 at the cost of framerate). You just keep seeing things like exclusive content and it being demo'd on PS3 because they've got a deal with Sony and as has been said before the marketing doesn't deny the Xbox versions existence, all versions will be fine and fully playable without too much of a difference.

Ah, I see.

I dunno, I have a hunch ACIII was first developed in PS3 again. Every single Demo in existence we've seen has been The PS3 version.

Ielgon
08-25-2012, 06:41 PM
lol, sorry. :p

Already said, no problem (Can understand you reading it quickly like that)! ^^

pacmanate
08-25-2012, 06:56 PM
It will run BETTER on Xbox 360. Its only because PS3 and Ubisoft have a little "thing" for each other.

Ielgon
08-25-2012, 06:58 PM
It will run BETTER on Xbox 360. Its only because PS3 and Ubisoft have a little "thing" for each other.

And where do you get this from? Until now they have, but haven't read such a thing about AC3 anywhere. And as I said before the difference in ACR was minimal, so AC3 will probably be near identical.

pacmanate
08-25-2012, 07:03 PM
And where do you get this from? Until now they have, but haven't read such a thing about AC3 anywhere. And as I said before the difference in ACR was minimal, so AC3 will probably be near identical.

Yeah but Xbox 360 will still be better, it is common fact.

Ielgon
08-25-2012, 07:04 PM

Eh ok... ;)

ToniTorsi
08-25-2012, 07:06 PM

There have also been a plethora of multiplat games that have in fact run better and looked better in their PS3 counterparts bub.

Just putting it there for ya ;)

pacmanate
08-25-2012, 07:08 PM
There have also been a plethora of multiplat games that have in fact run better and looked better in their PS3 counterparts bub.

Just putting it there for ya ;)

Never said there weren't. Games are almost always developed for Xbox first, then ported for PS3. For multiplatform games you either get a PS3 and 360 tie or a 360 win. Its not often you get a PS3 win. Also, all AC games so far have been a 360 win. I don't doubt that AC3 won't win on 360 either.

lukaszep
08-25-2012, 07:09 PM
I'm not claiming to know a lot or even be completely correct on this issue, but I believe that most newer game engines e.g. CryEngine 3, develop the game simultaneously. In development there is no difference graphically in the game until they are refined to each console. The PS3 and XBOX are almost identical, but they have their pro's and con's so there will always be a slight difference. Alex H has constantly said throughout promotion of the game that he believes that the console versions of the game are near identical, more so than ever before.

Previous games in the series have always been slightly better on XBOX, if you don't believe me, you only need to see a couple of side by side comparisons of the game to be proven wrong.

pacmanate
08-25-2012, 07:12 PM
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-assassins-creed-ii-analysis/ - 360 win
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-assassins-creed-brotherhood-analysis/ - 360 win
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-assassins-creed-revelations-analysis/ - 360 win

There is the proof.

Ielgon
08-25-2012, 07:21 PM
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-assassins-creed-brotherhood-analysis/ - 360 win
http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-assassins-creed-revelations-analysis/ - 360 win

There is the proof.

AC2 was a decision based on personal preference (with them being sensitive to screen tearing), the PS3 did have better lighting in the distance though. ACB was a clear 360 win across the board but the PS3 was still pretty close. ACR was a tie, not a 360 win at all (looked better overall on PS3 but performed a bit better framerate wise on Xbox)!

Conclusion: Both versions have run similairly in the past, with both having pros and cons in certain areas. Neither version is better, just enjoy the game and stop nitpicking.

tarrero
08-25-2012, 07:26 PM
I am a PS3, but I agree with Pacmanate. Though that difference has been gradually decreasing with each game.... May be this time both consoles get completely even.

pacmanate
08-25-2012, 07:32 PM
AC2 was a decision based on personal preference (with them being sensitive to screen tearing), the PS3 did have better lighting in the distance though. ACB was a clear 360 win across the board but the PS3 was still pretty close. ACR was a tie, not a 360 win at all (looked better overall on PS3 but performed a bit better framerate wise on Xbox)!

Conclusion: Both versions have run similairly in the past, with both having pros and cons in certain areas. Neither version is better, just enjoy the game and stop nitpicking.

No. Ac2 has horrible screan tearing and frame rate issues, same with brotherhood. Dont just look at the verdict, read the rest. Same with ACB, 360 win. Do you know how I know? Cause I play AC games on PS3.

ToniTorsi
08-25-2012, 07:58 PM

There is the proof.

I fail to see how it looks "much better" on the 360 version.

The author flat out states the texture is sharper on the PS3 version of Revelations and the overrall graphics fidelity is noticeably better on the PS3 version.

So excluding Revelations, almost all the PS3/360 version of AC look nearly the same with each one having their ups and downs. So, yeah. I'd choose my words wiser next time. ;)

Ielgon
08-25-2012, 11:56 PM
No. Ac2 has horrible screan tearing and frame rate issues, same with brotherhood. Dont just look at the verdict, read the rest. Same with ACB, 360 win. Do you know how I know? Cause I play AC games on PS3.

I played all of them on PS3 too, and only had issues with the framerate in brotherhood and revelations (and revelations had it in both versions for as far as I know). Read the whole thing you know! That's why I said it was based on personal preference (I don't notice and/or mind screen tearing a lot). I said 360 won in ACB so don't get why you think I didn't, quoting myself: "ACB was a clear 360 win across the board". These articles just don't show a massive difference between versions at all except for the screen tearing in AC2 (which again, is something that bothers some people while others never even notice) and ACB. Like ToniTorsi says, it just doesn't look "much better" on 360.

morpheusPrime08
08-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Cant really be bothered to link it, it was posted previously. I'm on my iPhone but if you find the thread from Gamescom when Alex H revealed that the 60 hours gameplay is Benedict Arnold it's on that.

As for PS3 being developed on the PS3 it might be. There's never been any bugs on 360 so there shouldn't be a worry this time. Unlike Skyrim, Black Ops and many others on PS3

Ahh you mean this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_psrzEYVJis&hd=1

I Doesn't say anything about providing cheaper Dev tools!?!?

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 01:11 AM
And no matter how much the OP asserts that this isn't a console war... People still screw it up..

Umbra_Blade
08-26-2012, 01:37 AM
And no matter how much the OP asserts that this isn't a console war... People still screw it up..

Most people love to make themselves feel superior to others, so whenever comparisons are made between different products, these people will always want to say "MINE IS BETTER THAN YOURS!". Any way on topic, I am sure the game will look just as great on the 360 as on the ps3, and any differences between the two would be hard to notice when playing the game, unless paying a great amount of attention to detail, or playing them side-by-side.

pacmanate
08-26-2012, 11:27 AM

Eh well some people just don't like facts and still choose to argue.

Ielgon
08-26-2012, 11:54 AM

It isn't as much a console war as more (in my opinion) a trying to get people to understand all versions have run similairly in the past with their pros and cons and that Xbox people therefore shouldn't have to worry they haven't shown anything yet, unfortunately some people take this to mean: provide proof that one version is better than the other. Then it just turned into an argument about the interpretation about what article(s) linked to as "proof" meant (with some people feeling the Xbox came out on top with all three games, while others didn't see that much of a difference or even felt the PS3 came out superior in some aspects).

But I agree this quickly went from someone worrying they haven't shown anything yet into something else. As I've said a couple of times before people: All versions have run similairly, stop nitpicking and enjoy the games!

Serrachio
08-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Xbox > PS3 in gameplay aspects.
PS3 > Xbox in cinematic aspects.

There.

arkangelyou
08-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Xbox > PS3 in gameplay aspects.
PS3 > Xbox in cinematic aspects.

There.

^This^