PDA

View Full Version : 1 turn kills

Gobl1nlord
08-24-2012, 02:26 PM
pls remove the fortune 'The Last Stand' from the game. The 1 turn kill decks destroy the game and only inferno has a real counter. I see no other way than removing this card to stopp this 1 turn kill decks. I got 'the last stand today played 5 games with a such a deck and won all without problems but it is boring to play.

explanation to this deck: 'The last stand' lets you deploy a creature from hand for free with quick attack but it dies at then end of turn. deploy the 'enraged cyclops' (4/2/7 double attack) and buff it with 'blodd shaman hut' or 'inner fire' to 10 damage. 'broken bride' clears the way to attack. 'stone shield', 'altar of shadows', 'insect swarm' 'cyclone' and 'armageddon' let you survive the rest are cards to draw cards. hero is Shaar.

inferno can counter it with dicard cards or 'Garant's Purge' but other decks cant win. pls remove this card it just destroys the game.

Gloignar
08-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I think that there should just be a neutral Fortune to remove spells, then every deck has a possible good counter for it, right now, indeed, its a broken combo.

Gobl1nlord
08-24-2012, 02:35 PM
this wouldnt be enought altar of shadows isn't a spell and with insct swarm/armageddon it kills your creatures. instead of cyclon it could use one dmg spell more.

jyujinkai
08-24-2012, 02:45 PM
the big failure in this game is not really cards like this... it is the inability to act during the other players turn. You can get away with very powerful cards and effects IF there is a chance to stop them as they are played like in.... . .. EVERY other game that exists.

Le.Rancord
08-24-2012, 02:54 PM
The deck wins less than other control decks, cause u have autloss and autowin matchups. I dont find it boring to play though.

Gloignar
08-24-2012, 02:59 PM
the big failure in this game is not really cards like this... it is the inability to act during the other players turn. You can get away with very powerful cards and effects IF there is a chance to stop them as they are played like in.... . .. EVERY other game that exists.
That is not true, there are very well balanced and good games that don't let you act on your opponents turn... Yes, MTG let you use the 'instant' spells on your opponents turn, but MTG is not the only TCG/CCG to compare with... You also got for example.. just to name some: Pokemon TCG (was very big years ago) and Shadow Era (very big digital tcg for pc/ios/android) both don't let you act on your opponents turn....

The thing is that there should be ways to bypass the hero protection... so that he would be forced to play multiple defenses at once, and this way running out of protections faster, making it easier to kill the hero. Right now, indeed its auto win against some and auto-lose against others.. and that is bad balance/design of cards.

Le.Rancord
08-24-2012, 10:37 PM
well atm, I play a deck that has autoloss, so i can isntaleave as as soon as I see he plays otk, and then wait a few minutes for him to find an enemy. Wich is ok for me. instaleave doesnt help him anyway, since he gets no gold, and rating in beta is redundant.

jyujinkai
08-24-2012, 11:10 PM
MTG is not the only TCG/CCG to compare with... You also got for example.. just to name some: Pokemon TCG (was very big years ago) and Shadow Era (very big digital tcg for pc/ios/android) both don't let you act on your opponents turn....

MTG isn't the bar to mark what a good CCG is, yes it is very popular but it is an extraordinarily simple game in many ways, and the “mythic drop win”, the inclusion of new rules like removal of dmg stacking as well as new effect like hexproof that limit card interactions has completely broken that game imo.

BTW, pokomon is a kids game and is basically a glorified game of snap.... Here are the games I currently play at our game club.

Call of Cthulhu LCG (actions in other players turn) (In Print)
Netrunner (original but we will be moving to the remake soon as it is out) - (actions in other players turn)
aGameOfThrone (actions in other players turn) (In Print)
Lord of the Rings (Decipher) - (actions in other players turn)
Star Wars (Decipher) - (actions in other players turn)
Lord of the Rings LCG (Co-op game, so doesn’t count) (In Print)
Vampire (actions in other players turn)
Kult (actions in other players turn)
Conan (actions in other players turn)

This is just teh TCGs, the "new" (well a few years old now) Deck Builder genre is a hole other story and it is teh same.. the good ones all have actions in the opponents turns.

I've been playing CCG for nearly 30 years now form the dawn of MTG. All those game I listed (most out of date) are absolute classics and still played.. and they all have actions in the other players turn.. I could go on and list pages of other games that we do nto personally collect or play regally that do as well.

The point I am trying to make here is the designers of card games can never predict the kind of combos and player decks that will arise in an active game. They have some idea but there is NO WAY they can really predict what is going to happen. By not having player actions in other peoples turns to allow for countering and other host of other effects means that there is no way to really “control” other decks. This leads to crazy unstoppable combos. EVERY game that has no moves in the other players turn suffers the same problem, of constantly having to adjust and ban cards as they are created because they unleash combo that is unable to be stood up to. Now even with counters this something happens, but it happens way way way less.

Mark my words.. if you follow this game it will not be the last time you see “combo is broken, makes the game not fun” type post.

Le.Rancord
08-25-2012, 12:02 AM
As long as they are not consistent winners its not that bad. Vampire ownz hc. Enemy turn actions lead to alot permission decks though

song427
08-25-2012, 04:58 PM
i hate this card too, never won this kind of decks