PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap... Liberation as Abstergo propaganda...

LoyalACFan
08-23-2012, 02:51 AM
I just thought of something... So... Most of you already know that Liberation is not the story of someone reliving their ancestor's memories, but rather, a propaganda product released by Abstergo. This has led to some speculation about why they would be showing people Aveline, a young Assassin who seems to be on the straight and narrow, if they were trying to tell people how great the Templars are. Well, this just struck me. Let's say that they're actually trying to get people to like Aveline, only to have her die at the hands of another Assassin, making the Order look like cold-hearted traitors who terminate their own members when they outlive their usefulness. She isn't the "bad assassin" they're trying to show people... What if she's really the victim of another bad Assassin... and that bad Assassin is CONNOR!!!

Now, before you get all whiny and say "But Connor is teh good guy!"... think about this. Connor is duped into killing his old associate, Aveline, by someone he trusts who is secretly a Templar (Charles Lee and/or George Washington?), under the false assumption that she betrayed the Assassins. He later finds out the truth (possibly in Aveline's memory corridor death speech) and hunts down whoever tricked him into killing an innocent and introduces their face to his friend Mr. Tomahawk. But obviously Abstergo's not going to show that part. And yes, I realize the Animus could never show Aveline's final memories after giving birth to her child, but since this is a preprogrammed propaganda piece (lulz, alliteration) by Abstergo, it's not actually somebody reliving genetic memories. It could just be a historical incident they discovered and released to the public.

So whaddya think? Am I onto something, or do I need to lay off whatever I'm smoking? :p

Assassin_M
08-23-2012, 02:54 AM
I like this..
Im all for Variety and Connor being duped, or turning "Bad", sounds like a nice little twist..

SteelCity999
08-23-2012, 03:16 AM
Maybe she just changes sides and is Liberated from the Assassin's because she doesn't share the same views anymore. That could be plausible as well since Templars are fighting on both sides of independence.

Your point is well made though that there has to be something amiss - showing the assassins in a bad light.

Legendz54
08-23-2012, 06:50 AM
In my opinion, Connor is too smart to do something like that..

lukaszep
08-23-2012, 07:25 AM
In my opinion, Connor is too smart to do something like that..

Maybe not when he's older, but when he's younger before he's properly trained as an Assassin? He fights for justice, so what if in Connor's eyes, Aveline has done/does something wrong? It's certainly possible.

HisSpiritLives
08-23-2012, 07:37 AM
I just thought of something... So... Most of you already know that Liberation is not the story of someone reliving their ancestor's memories, but rather, a propaganda product released by Abstergo. This has led to some speculation about why they would be showing people Aveline, a young Assassin who seems to be on the straight and narrow, if they were trying to tell people how great the Templars are. Well, this just struck me. Let's say that they're actually trying to get people to like Aveline, only to have her die at the hands of another Assassin, making the Order look like cold-hearted traitors who terminate their own members when they outlive their usefulness. She isn't the "bad assassin" they're trying to show people... What if she's really the victim of another bad Assassin... and that bad Assassin is CONNOR!!!

Now, before you get all whiny and say "But Connor is teh good guy!"... think about this. Connor is duped into killing his old associate, Aveline, by someone he trusts who is secretly a Templar (Charles Lee and/or George Washington?), under the false assumption that she betrayed the Assassins. He later finds out the truth (possibly in Aveline's memory corridor death speech) and hunts down whoever tricked him into killing an innocent and introduces their face to his friend Mr. Tomahawk. But obviously Abstergo's not going to show that part. And yes, I realize the Animus could never show Aveline's final memories after giving birth to her child, but since this is a preprogrammed propaganda piece (lulz, alliteration) by Abstergo, it's not actually somebody reliving genetic memories. It could just be a historical incident they discovered and released to the public.

So whaddya think? Am I onto something, or do I need to lay off whatever I'm smoking? :p

It sounds very interesting, but if Connor kills Aveline ,if he was thinking that she betrayed the creed that doesnt make him a ,,bad guy,,

eagleforlife1
08-23-2012, 09:40 AM
I was actually thinking that George Washington maybe is a Templar after all.

Read the best answer here:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100531112236AAtwNn9

As well as these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polly_Cooper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sullivan_Expedition

itsamea-mario
08-23-2012, 09:42 AM
Certainly a nice idea.

HisSpiritLives
08-23-2012, 10:16 AM
I tought that he is templar but right now i am not sure he is presented as ,,good guy,, in historical books.

LightRey
08-23-2012, 12:07 PM
This is very interesting indeed. There are all sorts of possibilities though. Could even be that Aveline will actually be a traitor, but for understandable reasons to which people can relate.

MT4K
08-23-2012, 12:10 PM
This is very interesting indeed. There are all sorts of possibilities though. Could even be that Aveline will actually be a traitor, but for understandable reasons to which people can relate.

Indeed. If they are going to do anything like that at all it needs to be done in such a way that it makes people actually agree with her motives. Which is basically the idea of them going back to a grey area kind of thing.

HisSpiritLives
08-23-2012, 01:41 PM

I acctualy dont see any of those two as a traitor, but who knows, i guess we will have to wait until 31 October to find out

Umbra_Blade
08-23-2012, 02:00 PM
I tought that he is templar but right now i am not sure he is presented as ,,good guy,, in historical books.

"History is written by the victor" if the redcoats won, he would have been branded a traitor and killed. I'm not saying he was a bad guy, as both sides committed terrible atrocities, as always happens with war. Plus he was a freemason which if I remember my history correctly, have strong ties to the knights templar. I think in the game he will become a templar, he will start out with good intentions, but then the Templars see the way the tables are turning in the Colonists favour, so they want to have one of their guys at the top of the hierarchy of this new found people. They offer Washington more support more troops, etc, etc. in exchange for his allegiance to their cause, he accepts and turns "bad" because he believes it to be "for the greater good" of his people to have the templar support behind them.

LoyalACFan
08-23-2012, 05:30 PM
It sounds very interesting, but if Connor kills Aveline ,if he was thinking that she betrayed the creed that doesnt make him a ,,bad guy,,

But he would be depicted as one by Abstergo. They wouldn't know he was being lied to.

HisSpiritLives
08-23-2012, 06:43 PM
"History is written by the victor" if the redcoats won, he would have been branded a traitor and killed. I'm not saying he was a bad guy, as both sides committed terrible atrocities, as always happens with war. Plus he was a freemason which if I remember my history correctly, have strong ties to the knights templar. I think in the game he will become a templar, he will start out with good intentions, but then the Templars see the way the tables are turning in the Colonists favour, so they want to have one of their guys at the top of the hierarchy of this new found people. They offer Washington more support more troops, etc, etc. in exchange for his allegiance to their cause, he accepts and turns "bad" because he believes it to be "for the greater good" of his people to have the templar support behind them.

Yeah i know, i just said how he was presented in historical books,and maybe he will become bad guy during the game.

DarkSolitude-X
08-23-2012, 07:55 PM
A while back I mentioned why Liberation had a animus save icon, and I was told that Liberation is a Abstergo propaganda system. At the time I thought the poster was being sarcastic, because my question was stupid, but I guess not.

You know that Connor and Aveline do meet at the mayan temple (I believe). Your idea is actually really cool. Tie Liberation in with AC3 multiplayer, where the multiplayer is every modern person that has the mobile animus system. Push this into Desmond's gameplay (the crowd turns against the assassin's, thus Desmond) I like it. I don't have a vita, but I think I'll be watching a Let's play on youtube when Liberation comes out; to check out the full story.

LoyalACFan
08-23-2012, 07:58 PM
A while back I mentioned why Liberation had a animus save icon, and I was told that Liberation is a Abstergo propaganda system. At the time I thought the poster was being sarcastic, because my question was stupid, but I guess not.

You know that Connor and Aveline do meet at the mayan temple (I believe). Your idea is actually really cool. Tie Liberation in with AC3 multiplayer, where the multiplayer is every modern person that has the mobile animus system. Push this into Desmond's gameplay (the crowd turns against the assassin's, thus Desmond) I like it. I don't have a vita, but I think I'll be watching a Let's play on youtube when Liberation comes out; to check out the full story.

Thanks :) Yeah, I'm also lacking a Vita, but I'm eagerly awaiting what's to come...

ImPinheadDan
08-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Something tells me that Aveline will be another Daniel Cross.

LoyalACFan
08-24-2012, 08:06 PM
Something tells me that Aveline will be another Daniel Cross.
That would kind of make her bland as a character though. They obviously can't use the "hypnotic suggestion" thing in the 1700's, so she would just have to be a flat-out traitor. Not very interesting if you ask me.