PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my twist plot for AC?

xX_V3N3M0U5_Xx
08-22-2012, 09:58 PM
Due to Desmond being kept in the Animus for too long at Abstergo, it sent him a bit insane and caused him to develop multiple personality disorder. After waking from the Animus at Abstergo, Desmond escapes from Abstergo and rents a warehouse to reside at for the time being. During his time there, he builds an Animus using information from the memory core he took from Abstergo. Due to Desmond's multiple personality disorder, he believed he was taken to an Assassin hideout by Lucy but Lucy was really killed by Vidic for sending intel to William Miles. His subconscious also created the characters Rebecca and Shaun who acted as Assassins to help fight the war on the Templars but really this was Desmond doing their work during his time outside of the Animus. Once Abstergo discovers his location, he fends off the Templars and escapes to Monteriggioni with the Animus he built and sets up a base in the secret Auditore crypts he discovered in the Animus, still believing he is working alongside Lucy, Shaun and Rebecca. Once he discovers the location of Ezio's Apple he sets off to the Colosseum to retrieve the PoE. He retrieves the PoE and the power of it makes him believe Minerva is present and forces him to stab Lucy, despite him just imagining her. He then blacks out and once he awakes his mind is severely damaged and he manages to get the van to a safe place and get back into the Animus, where he meets Clay Kaczmarek's subconscious in the Animus Island. Once he creates a synch nexus he awakes from the Animus with a slightly repaired mind. He still sees Rebecca and Shaun but realises they are not really there and he knows that Lucy was not present when he supposedly killed her in the vault below the Colosseum. He finds that his Father, William, had discovered the van and had took it to the Grand Vault's location.

Whadd'ya think?

SixKeys
08-22-2012, 10:11 PM
How would Desmond know how to operate, let alone build the Animus?

r4inm4n1991
08-22-2012, 11:01 PM
I think that did not happen at all.

LoyalACFan
08-22-2012, 11:05 PM
That would be a retcon of like... everything in the series.

Calvarok
08-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Who let M. Night Shyamalan join this forum?

WolfTemplar94
08-22-2012, 11:37 PM
I hate "They were figures of the main character's imagination" type plots. Fight Club did it well, but most of the time it's a gimmick.

LightRey
08-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I don't think you fully understand the concept of multiple personality disorder. Moreover, people who suffer from the Bleeding Effect don't develop multiple personality disorder, they just resemble those who (supposedly) do, causing Lucy to suspect there is a connection.

RinoTheBouncer
08-25-2012, 10:30 AM
I like your theory but it would be very devastating to see Desmond being a fractured individual instead of an assassin or a hero.

BBALive
08-25-2012, 01:44 PM
That's some Bioware-tier writing.