PDA

View Full Version : Necro faction and it's feedback from dev

Lordtigerindo
08-22-2012, 11:43 AM
There has been a lot of posts surrounding the necro faction and that it seems to be underpowered against other decks. The feedback on this is that the developer has multiple necro decks whom are working very well. So that's why I get to the root of the problem here and say that the Starter Deck of Necropolis is underpowered. For starters the Angry Wyvern card which is neutral and one of the better cards in the Necro Starter Deck. I believe that this card should be replaced with a high ranking card from the Necropolis faction.

All this has come to me from multiple matches I played against Necropolis where I've beaten really bad. Why? Because the opposition is playing for a really long time or has paid quiet some money to get there hands on all the high ranking cards from Necropolis. So these matches where quite frustrating, because you can't win, but that's part of these kind of games. But when I have access to all those cards, I do believe that the Necro factions isn't underpowered. Only most players are at a low level and have not yet acquired all those high ranked Necro cards. That's why I believe the developer should have a look at the Necro Starter Deck and make some changes in there to balance it out and give new players a fighting chance.

Edit: The spells from Necro are as well not that potent. I believe that Purge should get an upgrade in a way that is also works on your own soldiers. The cost could therefore be raised to 2.

Navedlaw
08-22-2012, 03:39 PM
I have a Necro deck, and I have really a lot of trouble winning matches. I started out with the necro deck, but with all the packs I've bought afterwards, I did not get any high tier Necro cards. So now here I am, without gold, no good cards, and I'm kind of out of the game. I agree with you that the starter deck should be stronger. I think that I might as well need a new account, because with this account I win like 1 in every 6 duels, and I've tried different necro setups.

The problem is that I only have 2 creatures in my deck with 3 and 4 attack. The rest has only 2 or less. This is really low.

Another problem with necro is that it works from a defensive perspective, instead of all the other decks. For example: Necro monsters often have large hp pools. (Fate spinner - cost 4 - might 4 - hp 7). That card also has infect 2, so it is very potent against other strong creatures. The problem is that I cant spawn him in an ''offensive'' way. If I would spawn Fate Spinner in an empty lane, the enemy hero will not feel very threatened, because for direct attacks Fate Spinner only has 2 damage points. Since this doesnt work very well, he should be spawned to defend an occupied lane. The problem is that in this case, my enemies always have some sort of spell card that deals 4 or 6 damage to my fate spinner, or they simply have a ''whirlwind'' card which not only blocks the attack of my fate spinner, but that also means that he can not apply his infect ability, rendering it useless once again.

To be honest, even though infect is not counterable, I feel like it is slightly useless because in a lot of situations I simply cant use it. Usually my duels end up with my opponent simply having a stronger creature matchup than I have, and eventually break through my matchup.

In short: Starter deck is underpowered, and to have a succesful necro deck you really need the high tier cards, or else the deck will be uselsss at a rating of 200+. Since I did not have that luck with my packs, I might as well quit the game now, since having to lose 5 matches to win 1 is not a very fun expirience. I really regret my deck choice in the beginning.

Barra_Cuda
08-22-2012, 03:40 PM
well any starter deck against someone who has greatly enhanced their deck is going to struggle.
The spell that when cast on an enemy target instant kills that target with any damage done is very potent if not slightly over powered.

some way to be able to tell what just beat you (other than the skill thing) would be good or did i miss that? ie you deck averages 500, thiers 1000.. then if you see close to power decks you can better judge.

Oh yes the random cards for all decks can be frustrating, you can get very unlucky, perhaps have single faction packs for slightly more gold?

Navedlaw
08-22-2012, 04:05 PM
some way to be able to tell what just beat you (other than the skill thing) would be good or did i miss that?

Could you rephrase that? I'm not sure what you mean.

Lordtigerindo
08-23-2012, 11:42 AM
@Navedlaw, you tell exactly the same story as what I am experiencing at the moment. I didn't have the luck to get some Necro high tier cards in my booster packs. Which leaves me powerless and not able to build a reasonable Necro deck. But what Barra_Cuda is trying to say, is that you will lose most matches at the moment. Because at the moment there is a large group of people whom already have a high level deck and are not just starting out. That is why I'm losing most of my matches, but lets now find out what the free booster packs are going to give me.

Jinklez
08-23-2012, 01:01 PM
I ended up buying the 1500 seals to get enough boosters to make a decent Necro deck. Straight away from the <100 rating I have moved up pretty steadily and are now encountering issues with people around 850 and above which is fair enough IMO. I definitely think the starter Necro deck is quite bad, but if you invest a bit of time (or money) into getting those boosters you'll find it to be quite rewarding and fun if you don't mind lengthier games.

Obviously the idea for the players is to NOT to have to invest that money, and as more campaigns are released hopefully you'll be able to get enough gold coins to buy enough boosters to get you started. Purge definitely needs a change though, dispel magic basically does what you said but it can't be used with the base Necro Hero :S.

Le.Rancord
08-23-2012, 05:21 PM
I personally think the starter deck itself is actually ok. But its hard to make it better without uncommon cards, while the inferno can be made competitive very simple. And the light deck has some cc and aoe right away, and can slowly evolve.

Necro biggest problem is, that it cant rrly handle big creatures, once they are in range of enemies who know how to outplay death Seals.

Also inferno wins faster, so its much easier to advance in levels.

Akanhero
02-21-2014, 12:04 AM
Imho necro is to easy countered with a lot of spells and the low dmg is not threatening and easy to take away some dmg and viola infect does not work .

Feels like many of the mecanics in game is not good for necro. My low dmg is a reason also I meet creatures that do more dmg with their retal so I lose either way.
Also the low dmg make for a nonthreatening base vs other player and I feel the same meeting a necro that ok he have 8 creatures and I have 2 so I can block 2 lanes and he will not make so much dmg on me.

Donīt know if I get any better spells l8er but so far I have not seen a necro win spell and its down to creatures and they suck. Sure ghost dragon is nice but the price! and so many cheap ways to kill it so I Count on it beeing dead most of the time.

Also when cards in all is not balanced some cards is a must like in magic the gathering and not balanced so maybe I have a hard time meeting someone with more cards but still doable like in VTES.

Yes I have not played as long as many here but this is my thoughts atm :)

npavcec
02-21-2014, 12:21 AM
Imho necro is to easy countered ..

Did you just answer to a 2 years old topic? :D

Peachmachine
02-21-2014, 01:13 AM
I for one encountered no problem at all with necro, I bought the herald of the void box as soon as I could for decay spitters and got soul reavers with wildcards.

kicked out the expensive spells and even with all those silly zombie giants in the deck managed to get to around 1100.

during a match you just need to pick your fights with necro, take a beating from some creatures and eventually pressure the opponent into blocking.

Zydar_GG
02-21-2014, 09:48 AM
i played 99% of my games with nergal with a deck similar to this one http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/7388/

and im 51% win rate 1200 elo lvl 35

i cant complain, but i thin nergal ability should cost 0 to make him competitive

Akanhero
02-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Did you just answer to a 2 years old topic? :D

Seems like I did =)

gumgumbear
02-21-2014, 04:51 PM
I for one encountered no problem at all with necro, I bought the herald of the void box as soon as I could for decay spitters and got soul reavers with wildcards.

kicked out the expensive spells and even with all those silly zombie giants in the deck managed to get to around 1100.

during a match you just need to pick your fights with necro, take a beating from some creatures and eventually pressure the opponent into blocking.

The elo rating is a complete farce. The vast majority of players are at 501 farming for cards. The game structure is broken and i am leaving.

valrond1
02-22-2014, 12:43 AM

Lucky you. I bought 3 herald of the void boxes, and got a grand total of ONE decay spitter.

Skywalking1
02-22-2014, 10:14 AM
I wouldn't worry about low ratings.

You will gain as much income at low ratings as you will at high ratings. I learned this the hard way. I started off on the necro fraction and ended up buying a deck for playing in tourneys. But I found out that without a deck that is 1550+ rating, you generate less gold in tourneys than if you just play regular games at any rating. This is because you can play 3x the games at regular ratings by quitting early games that you are unlikely to win and playing fast games that you are likely to win.

If I knew before what I know now I wouldve just stuck to low rated regular games to slowly build a deck and only spend wildcards/money when I have a full understanding of the game mechanics and meta.

Also consider buying a rush deck to quickly beat opponents. Inferno, Crag Hack, and Cassandra Rushdown is quite fast.