PDA

View Full Version : Lost RSP points/scoring bug?

mclarknyc
08-22-2012, 03:38 AM
Ok, well this was certainly strange, but I think there's some sort of scoring bug from the patch or the new DLC. I have been maxed out at 100 million points for a while now, but a little bit ago I finished an 8-song event and got a double encore (first time in I can't remember how long). Anyway, when I got back to the main screen, my RSP score dropped from 100 million to 93, 961,265.

A couple notes about the event: I played all 3 songs of the new DLC released today & I played both arrangements of Inagaddavida in the event. The other songs were the combo arrangements of Plug in Baby, Unnatural Selection, 6AM Salvation, and I Believe in a Thing Called Love. The MM encore was single note Surf Hell, which I know really well, but I was still surprised to get the double encore, which was single note NMM Play with Fire, which I don't know very well (I got about 75k on it).

Anyway, somehow I lost about 6 million points from the event. Not sure if anyone else has had a similar problem, but figured I oughtta mention it.

SeattleSauve
08-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Wait, how did you play two separate arrangements of the same song in an event? I didn't know that was possible...

I haven't noticed this bug, but have not played a guitar event since the patch. I've only played one bass arrangement since the patch.

GuitarNub
08-22-2012, 07:08 AM
That is strange - but no I haven't heard anything. I'd be interested in seeing why this may have happened. I've played two arrangements of the same song before (re: Seattle's question - just swap out songs with two separate arrangements of the same song) without scoring issues that I'm aware of.

SeattleSauve
08-22-2012, 07:47 AM
re: Seattle's question - just swap out songs with two separate arrangements of the same song) without scoring issues that I'm aware of.

I am aware you could change songs in an event, but ahead of the latest patch I do not believe you could use multiple arrangements for the same song in the same event. The reason I'm surprised is because I previously tried to do this when getting a new song to avoid having to scroll the whole menu (i.e. use the event filter), but the game would not allow it. Now the game does allow multiple arrangements for the same song in one event list. So I think that's actually a change since the new patch.

rcole_sooner
08-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Someone mentioned that combo 2 of a song was missing. I wonder if RSP earned from that song, could be getting removed as well.

I dunno about the missing combo 2 version or RPS being removed, I'm just throwin' out ideas.

mclarknyc
08-22-2012, 08:29 PM
The missing arrangement is Vasoline Combo 2... I was thinking the same thing, that maybe I lost points from that, but 6 million?

I forgot to mention it in my first post, but I scored about 1.1 million in the event where I lost the points. I was trying to figure out if there was some correlation between the score and the points lost, but there doesn't seem to be.

I don't really care that I lost the points. I'll probably get back to 100 million after a few events unless I keep losing points for some reason. But it did seem pretty odd.

rcole_sooner
08-22-2012, 08:49 PM
Well, I guess if you had played that song in an event 60 times and got 100K each time, that would be 6M RSP.

That sounds like a lot, but then you got 100M RSP. o.O

mclarknyc
08-22-2012, 09:11 PM
LOL, I was going to write something about that being a possibility, but I know for a fact there's no way I played Vasoline Combo 2 enough times to make 6M RSP. I doubt I ever played it more than 6 times, because I almost always stick to the Combo 1 arrangements, as they are usually the better of the 2.

I wish they had put in a stats feature with the new patch. It would be awesome to be able to look at a database and see how many times you played each arrangement, what score you got each time you played it (maybe a line graph showing how much you've improved), note streaks, etc. It is such an easy thing to incorporate into the game that it seems it would have been a no-brainer.

mclarknyc
08-24-2012, 10:56 PM
So, I played another event after I lost those points, but my score is staying at 94M. It is funny because on my screen the orange line that tracks your score moves down from 100M.

Anyone on the RS team have any ideas why 6M RSP points would have been subtracted?

Black_Widow9
08-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Please make sure you guys contact Support and let them know the details please. The links are in my signature.

SeattleSauve
08-24-2012, 11:56 PM
So, I played another event after I lost those points, but my score is staying at 94M. It is funny because on my screen the orange line that tracks your score moves down from 100M.

Anyone on the RS team have any ideas why 6M RSP points would have been subtracted?

The game has decided you are getting worse. Maybe work a bit with a metronome, take some time outside of the game, or grab some video lessons :)

(kidding of course..)