PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Features So Far?

morpheusPrime08
08-22-2012, 01:33 AM
To help bring some positive energy onto the forums:rolleyes:, lets discuss what some of our favorite AC3 features that Ubi has showed off.

For instance, I really love the way Connor runs for some reason, all his animations are good but the way he dips down and sways his arms like an acutal sprinter is something in it's own compared to Altair and Ezio.

Even though this is kinda late, did anybody notice in the Boston demo how more alive the crowd was? Even the way Connor walks around while the Animus 3.0 showes the connection with people, instead of just pushing his way into random odd groups , something that was really really lacking in the past games.

Pictures, videos, etc are welcome.

LoyalACFan
08-22-2012, 01:34 AM
I really dig the bow.

WarriorPaint
08-22-2012, 01:44 AM
I love the way Connor wields his weapons. How quickly and smoothly he uses them is just awesome. And the way he flips that tomahawk just before he hacks someone...it's the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 01:46 AM
So far ?

Nothing..

jzsnyder
08-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Definitely the tree climbing for me. It's just such a rarely-touched-on ability in videogames, so it's nice to see something so extremely refreshing.

So Far? Nothing.

so much for the positive energy, M.

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 01:49 AM
There goes the positive energy.
When You have a House, with about 6 or 7 brothers.. do you prefer one over the other ? Do you have a favorite ? No..

jzsnyder
08-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Ah, I see. Misunderstood the statement, I guess.

So... can you list your favorite features, at least? It doesn't contribute to the conversation if you just post that you don't have a favorite.

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 01:52 AM
Ah, I see. Misunderstood the statement, I guess.

So... can you list your favorite features, at least?
1- Tree running
2-Animations
3-Weather
4-Engine
5-Naval Battles
6-Setting
7-Combat
8-Hunting
9-Side-quests

Until Mother is Pregnant and gets me another brother...

GeneralTrumbo
08-22-2012, 02:01 AM
My favorite feature SHOWN so far would have to be the side-quest log.

morpheusPrime08
08-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Sigh*

morpheusPrime08
08-22-2012, 02:02 AM
My favorite feature SHOWN so far would have to be the side-quest log.

Side quest log???

hoganshero
08-22-2012, 03:11 AM
When You have a House, with about 6 or 7 brothers.. do you prefer one over the other ? Do you have a favorite ? No..

grew up with 4 sisters... you have favorites... trust

LoyalACFan
08-22-2012, 03:33 AM
grew up with 4 sisters... you have favorites... trust

For real. I wasn't getting that analogy at all. He asked "Do you have favorites," and instantly I thought "...Yes?"

Grew up with seven brothers and three sisters. Catholic parents...

MangoCookies
08-22-2012, 04:11 AM
This is not a sibling topic (I think)

My favorites so far are the new tree running/mountain climbing feature and the new killing feature. I just love how Connor can do all this so smoothly~ <33

SteelCity999
08-22-2012, 04:41 AM
The weather systems and overall immersion level with the new engine. Gameplay elements will have to wait until I can play.....

douglaswalkers
08-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Generally I like most of its features, but generally I like connor wields, weather, tree running, naval battles, side quests. This are the features I like to use most.

HisSpiritLives
08-22-2012, 09:16 AM
I really like new figting style ,tree climbing, and hunting seems very interesting.

WolfTemplar94
08-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Tree running looks fun. I also like the improvements in the overall environment. From what we've seen of Boston, it looks like they've really managed to make it as close to a "living breathing city" as technology permits them to at the moment.

HisSpiritLives
08-22-2012, 09:40 AM
Tree running looks fun. I also like the improvements in the overall environment. From what we've seen of Boston, it looks like they've really managed to make it as close to a "living breathing city" as technology permits them to at the moment.

Yeah new crowd system is great and people in town look like they have some purpose.

Slayer_WTF
08-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Bow, hunt and side quest like a RPG.

TheHumanTowel
08-22-2012, 11:03 AM
Again like other people have said I'm really liking the way the crowd looks. In AC2 everyone just walked around in groups and it was obvious who you were supposed to blend with but here the crowd looks really natural and everyones on their own path and got their own little actions. I'd like to see more blending gameplay in the future.

Ielgon
08-22-2012, 12:23 PM
For instance, I really love the way Connor runs for some reason, all his animations are good but the way he dips down and sways his arms like an acutal sprinter is something in it's own compared to Altair and Ezio.

Did you notice how he runs differently depending on the situation he's in? In the frontier he just kinda jogs, when he sprints after a target he stays lower (this could be due to the camera angle though) and when he was running away in Boston he was really sprinting for his life.

My favorite feature so far is the fact that Connor is the ancestor we play as this time. Since he brings all this new stuff to the table (Tree climbing, hunting, dual wielding, tomahawk, bow, rotating hidden blade, etc.). I also really love that the Frontier is open and from what I've heard really organic with a weather system going on, there being animals and other people, and even some smaller towns!

SixKeys
08-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Treerunning, naval exploration and crowd mechanics are what I'm most excited about. Also Connor's new animations which look very fluid and detailed. I like how he automatically bends his head when walking under a sheet on a clothesline or the way he reacts to the people around him.

GeneralTrumbo
08-22-2012, 04:28 PM
Side quest log???
The thing that allows you to do several side-quests at once.

jzsnyder
08-23-2012, 02:30 AM
Did you notice how he runs differently depending on the situation he's in? In the frontier he just kinda jogs, when he sprints after a target he stays lower (this could be due to the camera angle though) and when he was running away in Boston he was really sprinting for his life.

My favorite feature so far is the fact that Connor is the ancestor we play as this time. Since he brings all this new stuff to the table (Tree climbing, hunting, dual wielding, tomahawk, bow, rotating hidden blade, etc.). I also really love that the Frontier is open and from what I've heard really organic with a weather system going on, there being animals and other people, and even some smaller towns!

Yep, the sprinting/running is completely contextual now. I'm looking forward to some chase scenes in deep snow. It'd be cool to see Connor slip around a little when it's raining, too. But not enough to hurt the gameplay/make him trip, though.

morpheusPrime08
08-23-2012, 02:40 AM

No, I did not notice how Connor movements changes in different situations:eek: **** 2 more months guys, it will go by fast:D

HisSpiritLives
08-23-2012, 09:08 AM
No, I did not notice how Connor movements changes in different situations:eek: **** 2 more months guys, it will go by fast:D

I cant wait :D

AssassinVenice
08-23-2012, 11:44 AM
My favourite feature so far is the same it has been for the past 5 years:

Being able to free roam huge cities and kill all the little innocent civilians and guards my eyes can see!!! :cool:(evil laugh)

Kit572
08-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Mine would have to be the new hidden blade :D

(I know, I'm addicted to those hidden blades)

arkangelyou
08-23-2012, 02:58 PM
The fact that the main character has brown skin :P

MangoCookies
08-23-2012, 07:52 PM

THISS!! This is very important and I can't believe I forgot abut this!! ;)

hoganshero
08-23-2012, 08:15 PM
The combat. Connor is brutal. One of his in combat takedowns is a triple chop to the chest for goodness sake. Wow!

HisSpiritLives
08-23-2012, 09:59 PM
The combat. Connor is brutal. One of his in combat takedowns is a triple chop to the chest for goodness sake. Wow!

That ,,triple chop to the chest,, is awesome and very brutal.

morpheusPrime08
08-23-2012, 11:23 PM

Amen to that!

tarrero
08-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Naval gameplay
"tree" running
Seasons

SteelCity999
08-24-2012, 01:51 AM
Navigating in the trees looks extremely fluid and fun. I hope it plays as good as it looks.

sasukeuchiha50
08-24-2012, 04:15 AM
To help bring some positive energy onto the forums:rolleyes:, lets discuss what some of our favorite AC3 features that Ubi has showed off.

Even though this is kinda late, did anybody notice in the Boston demo how more alive the crowd was? Even the way Connor walks around while the Animus 3.0 showes the connection with people, instead of just pushing his way into random odd groups , something that was really really lacking in the past games.

Pictures, videos, etc are welcome.eeeyea Pretty much everything. It was cool when Noah was speaking his language. He looked tired though.