PDA

View Full Version : New interview with Gabe Graziani

GeneralTrumbo
08-21-2012, 08:05 PM
http://xbox360solocast.wordpress.com/2012/08/19/episode-33-interview-with-an-assassin/

Something I noticed is at around the 54 minute mark. Gabe starts to talk about how they implemented something in the game that satisfies the desire of building things up. He also says that they moved something like this in a different direction that tower defense. He also says later on that he thinks there is some kind of crafting element in the game. Opinions? =)

LoyalACFan
08-21-2012, 08:12 PM
Crafting element, eh? It would be pretty sick if you could build your own weapons. Like from buck antlers and bear claws and stuff. Otherwise I can't imagine what it would be...

Anyhow, I don't have time to watch the whole thing right now, did he say anything else new?

pacmanate
08-21-2012, 08:19 PM
So making armour? Clothes? Boots? Underwear? Does Connor WEAR underwear?

GeneralTrumbo
08-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Crafting element, eh? It would be pretty sick if you could build your own weapons. Like from buck antlers and bear claws and stuff. Otherwise I can't imagine what it would be...

Anyhow, I don't have time to watch the whole thing right now, did he say anything else new?
He mentioned something about a trading element and also said that they made the looting system more in-depth, but still very similar.

GeneralTrumbo
08-21-2012, 08:21 PM
So making armour? Clothes? Boots? Underwear? Does Connor WEAR underwear?
Making stuff is possible. Gabe said he don't think he played enough of it to get the full jist. He played about 2 hours.

GeneralTrumbo
08-21-2012, 08:27 PM
But I really don't know how I feel about them saying gameplay before accuracy =/ They should still try to be super accurate and adapt gameplay to that accuracy...

Layytez
08-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Crafting ? Ughhh Skyrim....

Sabastian_AC
08-21-2012, 08:48 PM
I love how excited Gabe sounds about the naval gameplay. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

BBALive
08-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Crafting ? Ughhh Skyrim....

Skyrim wasn't the only video game to implement a crafting system.

Saar Ben Kiki
08-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Woah, havent heard from this guy in a while, love him!

GunnarGunderson
08-21-2012, 10:47 PM
When do they start talking about Assassin's Creed?

rileypoole1234
08-21-2012, 10:50 PM
That was good. Crafting? Very interesting.

SteelCity999
08-21-2012, 10:57 PM
That was good. Crafting? Very interesting.

Its nice to know that it appears like they listened to the feedback from AC:B. We had all of that stuff we collected and all that we could do was sell it. So long as we can craft something useful, it could be promising.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Its nice to know that it appears like they listened to the feedback from AC:B. We had all of that stuff we collected and all that we could do was sell it. So long as we can craft something useful, it could be promising.

Technically, they addressed this in Revelations with the bomb ingredients rather than trade items. But since there were basically only three kinds of bombs that were useful, the best option was still just collecting them and pawning them off to Piri.

Steww-
08-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Didn't that picture of the GDC presentation have "Crafting" listed as a feature?

Umbra_Blade
08-22-2012, 01:42 AM
Good interview, I'm interested about this reformed brotherhood feature. We are getting back stories now to each new recruit and each have different abilities? Sounds good to me. I think it will be factions formed from different people's backgrounds, for example a recruit who used to be a thief would be skillful at getting specific items you request for, such as keys from a guard to open a locked door. We also know that we can get disguised redcoats to get us past check points as shown at E3. What do you guys (and girls) think it could involve?

Calvarok
08-22-2012, 01:57 AM
But I really don't know how I feel about them saying gameplay before accuracy =/ They should still try to be super accurate and adapt gameplay to that accuracy...

No.

If you get caught up in putting accuracy before gameplay, you will end up with a game that doesn't work.

Gameplay is all-important, and they're in the animus, so they have an excuse.

Would actual realistic ship controls be fun? NO.

Ships take forever to turn, canons can misfire and run out of ammo, and the whole things is far more complex than it will be portrayed in the game.

They stay as accurate as possible where it would not negatively effect gameplay.
That's the only sane thing to do.

You can't get caught up in making perfectly accurate fall damage, giving every character in the game a different set of animations, and making sure you have the exact historical number of people in every town at all times.

GeneralTrumbo
08-22-2012, 02:31 AM
When do they start talking about Assassin's Creed?
Towards the middle.

LoyalACFan
08-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Good interview, I'm interested about this reformed brotherhood feature. We are getting back stories now to each new recruit and each have different abilities? Sounds good to me. I think it will be factions formed from different people's backgrounds, for example a recruit who used to be a thief would be skillful at getting specific items you request for, such as keys from a guard to open a locked door. We also know that we can get disguised redcoats to get us past check points as shown at E3. What do you guys (and girls) think it could involve?

With each installment since AC2, they keep saying they've evolved the other Assassins, given them stories, etc. but so far they've only let me down... I'll reserve my judgment on AC3 since we really haven't seen its guild system yet, but I'm not going to get myself all hyped up for the recruiting system only to be disappointed again. Technically, in Revelations, the recruits each had "backstories" (those crappy little missions where you do a slightly prolonged task for a random person and they join your guild, then are never named or mentioned again) and unique abilities (those little weapon icons on your Assassin's portrait? They carried different weapons. And some guild missions required an Assassin with a certain weapon. You know how when you went to choose an Assassin for a mission, but there were only like two or three random ones available and the rest were blacked out? Yeah. It's because you needed to assign an Assassin with a hidden blade to that particular assignment. Only they never told you that, and it was a ******ed gameplay mechanic)... so yeah. I'm not holding my breath.

SteelCity999
08-22-2012, 04:29 AM
Technically, they addressed this in Revelations with the bomb ingredients rather than trade items. But since there were basically only three kinds of bombs that were useful, the best option was still just collecting them and pawning them off to Piri.

Now that you mention it, that is one thing I hope they avoid and they fix all at the same time. They went from one extreme in AC1 (not many items to collect) to AC2 and beyond with a ton of stuff but no use for any of it. For the last 3 games, you had 50 weapons that were basically worthless, same with bombs and then all the extra stuff in AC:B. I really hope they have forced our hand with having to use some of the weapons in specific ways - otherwise, it'll just be a marketing number they can put out there again. I remember in AC:R Alex saying you have 300 combinations of bombs or something like that - really? 30 weapons I don't need. Systems need to have a purpose and if the vast majority of gamers don't use them, they should put effort into making something we will use.