PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III naval gameplay

ogolthorp26
08-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Dear Ubisoft,

I am extremely excited about Assassin's Creed III and particularly the naval gameplay. My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw the presentation at E3. To my knowledge, no one has done something like this in a game before and it's extremely welcome. It's nice to see fresh new gameplay ideas in market saturated by first person shooters, RPG's, etc.

I would recommend expanding on it and possibly releasing a DLC pack (or maybe even some type of stand-alone game in the future?) at some point that would include even more of the naval combat than is in the single player game (even though I don't know what that extent is at this point), because the more the merrier in my opinion. You could go even further by incorporating a multiplayer type game mode at some point and I'm sure people would want it. These are just my opinions and suggestions however, but I'm sure there are many other people out there who feel the same way.

In any case, I applaud the addition of it into the game.

Cheers

Ielgon
08-20-2012, 07:50 PM
While I am also excited for the naval sections I think they should just be regarded as a side activity and not become too prominent during the normal game. A DLC for more missions would be great though (depending on how much there is in the game already)!

I don't think that they should make a standalone game or a multiplayer mode though simply because in my opinion it wouldn't fit with the franchise in any other form than it is is now.

ogolthorp26
08-21-2012, 05:16 AM
A stand alone game doesn't necessarily have to be within the Assassin's Creed universe, it could be a whole new IP altogether.

Calvarok
08-21-2012, 05:43 AM
An open-world sailing game would be great for Ubisoft!

Ielgon
08-21-2012, 10:22 AM
A stand alone game doesn't necessarily have to be within the Assassin's Creed universe, it could be a whole new IP altogether.

Of course! It's not a bad idea or anything. Just don't put Assassin's Creed on it that's what I was saying. The only issue is that maybe for some people it'd start feeling like "the AC3 sailing spinoff" instead of a game in it's own right.

r4inm4n1991
08-21-2012, 11:52 AM
Naval Battle looks good!
But first, i want to try it.

ogolthorp26
08-22-2012, 02:47 AM
Imagine an open world pirate game not only attacking and raiding ships, but coastal towns and cities...

ogolthorp26
03-04-2013, 06:11 PM
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag!!!! Thank you Ubisoft, thank you. Just please make it awesome!

AltairCBM
03-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Yeah it'd be awesome if they made a whole game out of it. Maybe even put in pirates too.