PDA

View Full Version : How are they going to stop the world from ending?

ACfan443
08-20-2012, 04:10 PM
How can they stop the world from ending when...

TWCB said they tried 6 methods of salvation, "each more promising than the last" but all of them ultimately failed. Then at the ending of revelations they told Desmond to go to the grand temple and use their work to stop the 2012 apocalypse. But how can Desmond possibly stop the catastrophe with work which previously failed?

If I've missed something from the games then please let me know :)

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 04:14 PM
No idea honestly. I mean, how do you protect Earth from solar flares? Maybe Desmond will use satellite network to do it? But it's just a wild guess

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 04:17 PM
No idea honestly. I mean, how do you protect Earth from solar flares? Maybe Desmond will use satellite network to do it? But it's just a wild guess

Maybe some will use PoE.

ACfan443
08-20-2012, 04:20 PM

They said that the earth's magnetic field was weakening, so I assume they're gonna try to strengthen it, but I don't know how they're gonna do that when previous methods failed

MT4K
08-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Desmond will nod at a bird and the solar flare will die... or stop :p.

TheHumanTowel
08-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Maybe some will use PoE.
Yeah I'm assuming this problem will be fixed with POE magic. It's anyone's guess what will actually happen though.

Locopells
08-20-2012, 05:04 PM

What about using Abstergo's network...

Stroonzje
08-20-2012, 05:35 PM
my best guess is that they will somehow use the satellite to strengthen the magnetic field for a short amount of time (a week or so while the flare happens) which ends up leaving the earth unharmed

ACfan443
08-20-2012, 05:42 PM
I realise I should have worded the title differently, what I wanted to know was how can they use previously failed methods (from TWCB) to save the world again, I'm pretty sure that if those methods failed before, they'll fail again

rileypoole1234
08-20-2012, 06:06 PM
A solar flare can't really destroy Earth anyway though. It would have to be the biggest in history, and then it would probably only knock out some electrical grids. I shouldn't say "only" though, because you can imagine what living in a world with no power would be like... We actually just had one recently that disrupted some radio communications, nothing major.

All of that above was talking about if it happened in real life. In AC3, they could certainly say that a solar flare big enough to fry Earth is on the way. A POE seems like a reliable method of stopping it if you ask me.

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 11:48 PM
They said that they didn't try all of the solutions, actually.

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 11:53 PM
A solar flare can't really destroy Earth anyway though. It would have to be the biggest in history, and then it would probably only knock out some electrical grids. I shouldn't say "only" though, because you can imagine what living in a world with no power would be like... We actually just had one recently that disrupted some radio communications, nothing major.

All of that above was talking about if it happened in real life. In AC3, they could certainly say that a solar flare big enough to fry Earth is on the way. A POE seems like a reliable method of stopping it if you ask me.
Pretty sure a big enough solar flare would do more than that in real life. there have been enough movies made about it.

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
08-21-2012, 12:03 AM
Movies dont prove anything, But it would knockout most of our satelites and set us back in time who knows how long.

Calvarok
08-21-2012, 12:05 AM
I spent two minutes searching and I found this: Superflares, on the other hand, can do extensive damage to our technological infrastructure (destroy the electronics in satellites, burn out transformers via surges in the power grid, etc.). This is not directly the cause of an extinction event. It certainly is conceivable that a very concentrated solar flare could radiate enough energy to fry lifeforms at the surface, but that radiation has to get through the magnetosphere first.
So basically a geomagnetic reversal would allow a flare to scorch the earth. Looks like AC's writers know what they're talking about.

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 12:10 AM
"How are they gonna save the world from ending"

See ? Thats what spoiled Revelations last year, you discuss things and get too far and indulged that you actually discover how it ends and end up saying "Booo HOoO !! We already knew that"

But Hey, i suppose some Hero will try to tell me "This is a Forum to discuss"

so Go ahead..discuss.

ACfan443
08-21-2012, 01:08 AM

See ? Thats what spoiled Revelations last year, you discuss things and get too far and indulged that you actually discover how it ends and end up saying "Booo HOoO !! We already knew that"

so Go ahead..discuss.

This is a Forum to discuss. Besides it doesn't matter to me how they'll stop it, cause it'll be in a dramatic fashion anyway. All I wanna know is, why would Jupiter tell them to go to the grand temple and use their work, when their work had previously failed? (as I've repeated several times). I suppose it is my fault for wording the title incorrectly, but whatever.

r4inm4n1991
08-21-2012, 01:10 AM

so Go ahead..discuss.

Guys, ive put the Quote in google translator and i got this:

"Don't try to uncover the end of the game, or you'll be disappointing later, im just concern about ya all. XoXo"

Isn't he so sweet?

PS: "M" im on fire! Mwhihihihi

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 01:11 AM
This is a Forum to discuss. Besides it doesn't matter to me how they'll stop it, cause it'll be in a dramatic fashion anyway. All I wanna know is, why would Jupiter tell them to go to the grand temple and use their work, when their work had previously failed? (as I've repeated several times). I suppose it is my fault for wording the title incorrectly, but whatever.
Again, you may, during the brainstorming, spoil the reason Jupiter said so for yourself, and yes the title had me mislead a bit seeing as the contents of this thread is different than the title..
But seriously, the People here are so freaking smart that sometimes they find out the ending.. true story.

rileypoole1234
08-21-2012, 01:13 AM
Well all I was saying is that even the biggest solar flare ever to happen wouldn't kill anybody directly. It would however take us back to the middle ages. It would all be able to be repaired of course.

r4inm4n1991
08-21-2012, 01:15 AM
That wont happen or else they are completely changing the atmosphere for the next AC's....