PDA

View Full Version : Animations of Connor and Desmond - There will be differences?

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 10:09 AM
You may have noticed that Connor moves just like an Indian, no? These fluid movements that distinguish it from Ezio and Altair. Since Desmond is not Indian, I was thinking that maybe they should have different animations. See Desmond that moves like a Native American would be ridiculous. What do you think?

Legendz54
08-20-2012, 10:18 AM
You don't move like a race or culture, you just move like a person (Excluding fighting because it is very native like) . They will probably change Desmonds animations to suit connors. Such as the walk.

TheHumanTowel
08-20-2012, 10:20 AM
I don't really know what you mean move like an Indian but I assume Desmond will have the same animation set as Connor. It can all be explained with the Bleeding Effect.

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 10:23 AM
I don't really know what you mean move like an Indian

That moves like a predator. Connor has a different style. His animations are fantastic, and differ from those of others.

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 10:30 AM
You don't move like a race or culture, you just move like a person (Excluding fighting because it is very native like) . They will probably change Desmonds animations to suit connors. Such as the walk.

I did not say that. It's not a racist phrase. I'm just saying that Connor moves in a particular way. For example, in the scene with the bear, senses danger and starts moving his head like an animal. It 's wonderful. Characterization at the highest levels.

Dralight
08-20-2012, 11:25 AM
I don't really know what you mean move like an Indian but I assume Desmond will have the same animation set as Connor. It can all be explained with the Bleeding Effect.

Since it's almost a certainty that we start the game off playing as Desmond, the Bleeding Effect can't really be used to explain why he suddenly moves the exact same way as Connor (if he does), since he won't have actually relived any of Connor's memories yet.

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 01:17 PM
You may have noticed that Connor moves just like an Indian, no? These fluid movements that distinguish it from Ezio and Altair. Since Desmond is not Indian, I was thinking that maybe they should have different animations. See Desmond that moves like a Native American would be ridiculous. What do you think?

HAHAHAHAHA Omg I haven't laughed so much in a long time! Moves like an Indian! Hahahaha.

http://medias.omgif.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/indian_midget_dance.gif

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 01:34 PM
lol

IceHot100
08-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Desmond should walk/run/fight like Ezio/Altair, because it would be very odd if he started to run like Connor..
BTW i like the way connor runs, it actually looks like, he is really escaping!

But I'm 90 % sure Desmond's animations will be like Ezio's/Altair's

rileypoole1234
08-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Yeah I wouldn't really say he runs like an Indian. He's a Native American also, not Indian. I agree with IceHot100, it makes sense for Desmond to have similar animations to Ezio, seeing as that's who "taught" him all he knows.

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 04:01 PM
Yeah I wouldn't really say he runs like an Indian. He's a Native American also, not Indian. I agree with IceHot100, it makes sense for Desmond to have similar animations to Ezio, seeing as that's who "taught" him all he knows.

Well Ezio didn't teach Desmond how to walk.... Desmonds animations from the past games should be kept though. Shouldn't be hard to do.

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 04:09 PM
In Italy with "Indian" refers also to the Native Americans.

However, I do not like to see the same animation of Altair / Ezio Des. We want something new.

PS. Indian/Indiano: http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiano_d%27America

Stroonzje
08-20-2012, 05:37 PM
pop pop MERICANO doop doop dooo dooop

naran6142
08-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Desmond should have connor skills at some point but you cant just forget about ezio. A mix of the fighting styles is wa=hat i would like to see, if Desmond move exactly like connor ill be a bit disappointed

r4inm4n1991
08-20-2012, 07:56 PM
pop pop MERICANO doop doop dooo dooop

Use Google, and search for the lyrics, he doesnt say that... -.-

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Desmond should have connor skills at some point but you cant just forget about ezio. A mix of the fighting styles is wa=hat i would like to see, if Desmond move exactly like connor ill be a bit disappointed

Thats a point. Hopefully Desmond will have his own moveset. A mix of Ezio and Connor!

Layytez
08-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Connors running animation is the only one that has been changed dramatically. I would assume Desmond has a different running animation or something somewhat close to Connors. In previous games everyone ran the same so it wasn't like Desmond inherited their running style.

ACfan443
08-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Thats a point. Hopefully Desmond will have his own moveset. A mix of Ezio and Connor!

Don't forget Altair! A mixture of all three

deskp
08-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Don't forget Altair! A mixture of all three Ezio used Altairs animations.

morpheusPrime08
08-21-2012, 01:41 AM

The way Desmond moves is going disappoint you? So the devs would have to go through all the trouble of first giving Desmond Ezios animation, jump into the Animus and have Connors, then at some point make a hybrid of both just to please you?

naran6142
08-21-2012, 02:08 AM
The way Desmond moves is going disappoint you? So the devs would have to go through all the trouble of first giving Desmond Ezios animation, jump into the Animus and have Connors, then at some point make a hybrid of both just to please you?

not like i said id throw the game away if desmond has the same moves as connor...

disappointed wasnt the right word either, would you feel better if i replaced it with "a little sad that ezio was forgotten"...

Calvarok
08-21-2012, 02:56 AM
New engine, new animations.
He'll likely have different combat animations if he has his own weapons, but as for how he moves specificly, I think you're expecting too much if you expect a totally new way of movement. Remember, Conner is made up of 5000 new animations. That would eat up a lot of budget to make work for one guy, let alone twice. If you haven't noticed, there are very few games which make a character of the same gender as another move differently, even if they're both main characters. The way they move is often more indicative of the game, rather than the character. Desmond may run the same way as everyone else in his game, but so does everyone in Gears of War. It's not as if Ubisoft is breaking a trend here. At the moment, it's insanely expensive to animate one set of run animations. Some day when it becomes easier to tweak them, every single last person will walk and run and climb differently.

Back in the present, don't expect next-gen things from current-gen developers.

naran6142
08-21-2012, 03:39 AM
New engine, new animations.
He'll likely have different combat animations if he has his own weapons, but as for how he moves specificly, I think you're expecting too much if you expect a totally new way of movement. Remember, Conner is made up of 5000 new animations. That would eat up a lot of budget to make work for one guy, let alone twice. If you haven't noticed, there are very few games which make a character of the same gender as another move differently, even if they're both main characters. The way they move is often more indicative of the game, rather than the character. Desmond may run the same way as everyone else in his game, but so does everyone in Gears of War. It's not as if Ubisoft is breaking a trend here. At the moment, it's insanely expensive to animate one set of run animations. Some day when it becomes easier to tweak them, every single last person will walk and run and climb differently.

Back in the present, don't expect next-gen things from current-gen developers.

it would be nice thats all im saying :)

Calvarok
08-21-2012, 05:07 AM
It would.
It would be really really nice.

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 05:10 AM
Desmond will have his own Animations (Being Ridiculously optimistic)

Desmond will be confined to a wheel chair (Being extremely Pessimistic)

I think Its very possible for Desmond to have something different, seeing as they are pushing for more time with him, but im not positive..

Calvarok
08-21-2012, 05:14 AM
It's still a minor part of the game in comparison to Connor's part. It's very very very optimistic indeed to expect it.

Ielgon
08-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Desmond will be confined to a wheel chair (Being extremely Pessimistic)

Hidden wheel chair blade(s) and wheel chair parkour!?

TheHumanTowel
08-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Desmond will be confined to a wheel chair

That's being extremely optimistic if you were a fan of that disabled assassin idea a few people were kicking around a while ago. (I wasn't)

naran6142
08-21-2012, 05:38 PM
That's being extremely optimistic if you were a fan of that disabled assassin idea a few people were kicking around a while ago. (I wasn't)

I actually like that idea, maybe not in a wheel chair tho. But a I think it would be cool to play as a 1 armed assassin, kinda like malik.

GeneralTrumbo
08-21-2012, 08:26 PM
It's still a minor part of the game in comparison to Connor's part. It's very very very optimistic indeed to expect it.
They invested a lot of time into the modern-day parts of the game. I think we can expect to see a lot of work done into that part.

Calvarok
08-22-2012, 02:25 AM
They invested a lot of time into the modern-day parts of the game. I think we can expect to see a lot of work done into that part.
I don't think there's any other response to that other than:

"It's still a minor part of the game IN COMPARISON TO CONNOR'S part. It's very very very optimistic indeed to expect it."

GeneralTrumbo
08-22-2012, 02:46 AM
I don't think there's any other response to that other than:

"It's still a minor part of the game IN COMPARISON TO CONNOR'S part. It's very very very optimistic indeed to expect it."
That doesn't mean that they still didn't put effort into the little details in it. They said that they invested more time into the modern segment than ever before.

Calvarok
08-22-2012, 02:58 AM
That doesn't mean that they still didn't put effort into the little details in it. They said that they invested more time into the modern segment than ever before.
That doesn't change the fact that it's not a smart use of resources to build an entirely different 5000 animations system for a portion of your game that players will experience for the minority of their playtime.

Investing more into Desmond just means making his experience more complete, and bigger. that has nothing to do with general-purpose player animations. That's level design, art assets, character modeling, mission design, and gameplay design.

Blind2Society
08-22-2012, 04:24 AM

Not to please him but rather to make sense given how the bleeding effect works.