PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed knockouts from behind - When does the player get them? I don't remember.

E-Zekiel
08-20-2012, 12:50 AM
They were present though all of Brotherhood and Revelations, and I'm 90% certain I was using them at some point in AC2, I just can't remember when. I tend to play Ezio in a relatively "nice" manner, knocking people out before they see anything when I can, so I was wondering if anyone recalls when he gets the unarmed knockouts from behind. Yes, the instant ones, much like all weapons have an instant kill animation from behind.

OriginalMiles
08-20-2012, 12:52 AM
I think they're just there from the start, in AC2, I beat all the people there with instant knockouts from behind.

Serrachio
08-20-2012, 12:55 AM
When Ezio "knocks out" a guard from behind, he kick their legs from underneath them and pulls their head down to cripple them.

E-Zekiel
08-20-2012, 01:01 AM
Well that's the thing. I'm replaying through AC2 and he is most definitely not doing knockouts from behind. He just punches them in the back of the head and then a fight ensues.

I'm wondering if maybe it's when he gets the metal cestus or something. I haven't replayed AC2 in like two years, so I honestly can't remember whenabouts he started doing unarmed knockouts. Currently on sequence 4. And yeah he's still punching people in the back of the head.

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 05:10 AM
No, you can't do an instant (but non-counter) knockout animation until brotherhood. It's not in AC2 at all.

rileypoole1234
08-20-2012, 06:32 AM
No, you can't do an instant (but non-counter) knockout animation until brotherhood. It's not in AC2 at all.

Yeah this is what I thought.

E-Zekiel
08-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll stop trying to do it then lol

Legendz54
08-20-2012, 07:42 AM
AC3 looks like PROPER knockout moves ( dragging them in and choking them out), i believe you can only do them when you are taking cover.
In the other AC'S they are just unarmed kills.

Kit572
08-20-2012, 07:44 AM
AC3 looks like PROPER knockout moves ( dragging them in and choking them out), i believe you can only do them when you are taking cover.

Kind of looks like AC is becoming more like Splinter Cell. I guess thats good, because Splinter Cell is a more realistic stealth series than AC (Conviction and Blacklist don't count. Sam Fisher is like friggin' Jack Bauer in them!)