PDA

View Full Version : AC3: Removing weapons?

SixKeys
08-19-2012, 11:19 PM
I wonder if we'll finally be able to choose which weapons to carry and add or remove them at will. I just noticed in this pic from http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/assassins-creed-iii-killing-in-the-caribbean]an IGN article ([URL="http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/assassins-creed-iii-killing-in-the-caribbean")[/URL] something I haven't seen in the trailers and demos: Connor has his bow on his back while wearing his captain's outfit.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/wordpress/stg.ign.com/2012/08/ACIII_Naval_Boarding_SCREENSHOT.jpg

Has this been in the demos and I just missed it or was it just added to the bullshot for coolness' sake? I hated having the crossbow on my back at all times in ACB and ACR and avoided purchasing it on replays. I don't know yet if the bow will be just as distracting in AC3, but I'd like to think we have the option of unequipping it at will.

LoyalACFan
08-19-2012, 11:23 PM
It's possible, but it's just a bullshot, so don't get your hopes up.

naran6142
08-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Ya i avoided buying the crossbow too on some replays too. Not that it bothered me but I just liked the look better without it.

So I hope we do have the option to unequip stuff, Id personally like to go with just the hidden blade and axe if i had the option

SixKeys
08-19-2012, 11:42 PM
So I hope we do have the option to unequip stuff, Id personally like to go with just the hidden blade and axe if i had the option

Same. The stuff that stays hidden doesn't bother me, like poison darts, but when carrying huge weapons changes your character's appearance from subtle to obvious, it ruins the immersion.

Slayer_WTF
08-19-2012, 11:45 PM
If you notice in the video of E3, when Connor is going to take the skin of the deer, his bow is not there.

Maybe they are programming errors.

Kables
08-19-2012, 11:48 PM
i really hope so too. maybe they are going that way since they are making ac3 slightly more rpg like and talking about customization a little

naran6142
08-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Same. The stuff that stays hidden doesn't bother me, like poison darts, but when carrying huge weapons changes your character's appearance from subtle to obvious, it ruins the immersion.

true, at least connors bow isnt as out of place as ezios cross bow, it was just sorta attached to his back, connor wears his bow in a cool way

AssassinGame1
08-20-2012, 04:55 AM
They are getting out the poison and throwing knives

Kit572
08-20-2012, 07:33 AM
If you notice in the video of E3, when Connor is going to take the skin of the deer, his bow is not there.

Maybe they are programming errors.

I think I remember ratfan posting that they did it to avoid clipping.

Ya i avoided buying the crossbow too on some replays too. Not that it bothered me but I just liked the look better without it.

Same here. I always hated having to bring my sword and knife with me everywhere because I never use them and they just look cumbersome.

When it comes to fighting in AC3, the only weapons (besides throwing knives, bombs and all those other gadgets) I want to bring with me are my two best friends.

The Hidden Blade, and The Tomahawk.

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 05:36 PM
twould be cool if unequipping was a thing you could do.

BBALive
08-20-2012, 07:14 PM
They are getting out the poison and throwing knives

No, they aren't. You also didn't read the thread.

projectpat06
10-31-2012, 08:11 AM
So can you? I would really like to remove the sword I have equipped

Billybeans
02-10-2013, 08:23 AM
To me ubisoft is beyond me trying to f***ing figure out why I can choose what weapons to have and to use, BUT NOT BE ABLE TO REMOVE THEM WTF. Lol where is the logic? A simple patch on all games would make me actually want to replay tm. I want to replay Ac3 but having that dumb *** bow really efn pissed me off. Play it for two minutes and turn it off. Seriously we have been asking for this since Ac2 why not oblige. AND WHO THE HELL IS IN CHARGE OF CASTING? The story was well ok. But the script come on. Sorry for the rant.

Assassin_M
02-10-2013, 08:31 AM
Sorry for the rant.
Indeed...It was short, but rather annoying....

Seriously, can`t anyone complain without including profanities or cussing in their sentences ?? Come now...