PDA

View Full Version : Necro Faction is terrible

Versago_666
08-19-2012, 08:11 PM
Why is the necro faction so unbalanced, weak and slow?
In heroes of might and magic the necro faction has always been the fast and deadly faction
able to swarm the battle with lots of creatures, but here they are very uncharacteristic.
It's not even funny, they need an additonal effect besides "infect" like the other factions.
Do the people at Ubi even playtest before they implement the factions?
The progression curve with necro is abysmal, bump there stats.
Please.

Le.Rancord
08-19-2012, 09:05 PM
yeah its quit hard at the beginning, but alot of necro decks are around 1k rating here and annoying as hell.

nerysiek
08-20-2012, 01:22 AM
At the beginning it is still unplayable. 'It is for more experienced players' oh devs... Don't be silly. They should make new cards for start deck of necropolis.

jyujinkai
08-20-2012, 02:49 AM
necro faction seams very powerful to me. I have been focusing on inferno but i am slowly building a incaporial deck that even in its fledgling stages can beat almost everything as no one can dmg it unless they use spell effects and everyone puts way more creatures in. Add to that life leech abilities and even low grade creatures are very hard to beat.

All in all necro is one of the more powerful decks

suziec
08-20-2012, 05:19 AM
Did anyone else find an unbalanced proportion of creature cards to spell/fortune cards?

I don't know if it's just the Necro class, but I had a couple of games, where I lost because I just didn't have any creature cards to play. In the last round of one game, my hero died because I just only had one creature in place to fight, I had 8 cards in my hand, of which only one was a creature card, and I only got that because I used a fortune card to resurrect a dead creature from the discard pile.

The other thing I wasn't too happy with, was that because I couldn't play out the hand properly, most of the time I was left with resources left over at the end of my turn. I would have liked to see them carried forward to the next round. I don't think this would unbalance the game, because it would mean that you may be able to make up some ground that you lost in the previous round/s.

Versago_666
08-21-2012, 10:24 AM
I've played alot more with the necro faction since i made this thread and i've found what i believe is the problem.
The fault lies in that they start out really weak and the progression curve is really tough and i would say it's really bad
because all the factions should start at the same level and not have others be outright better in the beginning.
I will test further with this deck and the other factions to see how it goes.

To the mods/admins, please relocate yhis thread to were it's supposed to be if it's in the wrong place thank you.

jyujinkai
08-21-2012, 11:43 AM
i didn't start with necro so I do nto knwo about teh curve.. but it is a very powerful faction latetr on.. My necro deck is probably my best

MarcusVespacian
08-22-2012, 09:23 AM
i also play necro, and must say its quite hard.

my easiest opponents are always other necros and there i also have won most of my matches.

can't say bout green and blue much, since hardly anyone is playing them. or i'm just unlucky to always fight red,white black?

what i can say is, that red has the most powerful creatures way stronger than black ones and for less mana cost. together with the lighning bolts and their destructive speels its kinda hard as necto to get something on the table. almost all creatures get killed instantly by some bolts, frenzy, or other stuff. the opponent does not even need to use his creatures often against mine. where as black i only got that 4mana kill a crature spell wich is pretty expensive.

white, well the hardest opponents overall i guess, the healing/melee,range guard/+1mana hero is absolutely unbreakable and as it seems every halfway competent white player is going for that combo, as it is well - simply the best.
can not do damage cus the melee/range guard protect everything. if you do damage, the healer heals it all back to full. if you still manage to get a stronger creature down either that tornado or holy light combo kills it fast.
if you even manage to get creatures down in time cus the other hero gets +1 mana every round an simply floods you with creatures...

where is a black combo that works similar? cus that infect is useless and simply does not work out when you can not do any damage. also on retaliation the infect skill is not used either so no way to score a point in the first place :/

Takarth
08-22-2012, 09:40 AM
inferno is strong when u don't have so many cards because most of the powerful inferno cards are common (except ravager & fireball) The weakness of inferno is thier life and their dependence on melee creatures. Every incorporeal & melee guard/ranged guard deck absolutly destroys inferno.

As Necro you need some archlich and vampire knights as soon as you have some of them everything gets so much easier.

Against haven the you need a nergal deck with lots of earthquake and insect swarm. You clean up is board once or twice and then he will run out of steam and controlling the game should be easy.

Past 1k rating there are some really potent undead decks. Nergal or incorporeal Deck with the Hero which gives them + 1 HP. The key is getting those uncommon cards. To Buff necro i think 1 of those cards should be made common.

Jinklez
08-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I think the issue with Necro atm is with the starting hero you're confined to what seems to be rarer magic and creature types with just water and dark magic which doesn't give the deck much versatility.

Jinklez
08-22-2012, 09:42 AM
BTW what is a 'Nergal' deck, Takarth?

Takarth
08-22-2012, 09:48 AM
Sent you a PM

Jinklez
08-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Cheers for that :), looks like there's a long way to go to get towards any sort of proper deck, but hey that's the point of TCG.

Lordtigerindo
08-22-2012, 10:56 AM
Cheers for that :), looks like there's a long way to go to get towards any sort of proper deck, but hey that's the point of TCG.

Especially when the game is CCG and not TCG ;) .

Jinklez
08-22-2012, 11:44 AM
You make me sadpanda :(

sdurzynski
08-22-2012, 03:35 PM
I voted for "to powerful". Why? I played a lot games against Necro. Almost every time game was lost. So i made my necro deck, and it's much easier to play. You have infect ability, which gives you great possibilities. And i noticed that other players avoids creatures with infect. Second adventage is Life Drain. Also very powerful ability in adition to creatures with 6+ HP. Next ability (or maybe better creature type) - incorporeal. Great to defend against non magic creatures. Also spells: Puppet Master, Agony, Death Seal, Soul Reaver. And finally useful Fortune cards like Graveyard and No Rest for the Wicked. All this makes very powerful deck. Honestly i was very suprised when in the interview with the developers that most of people in the community says that this deck needs buff.

jyujinkai
08-22-2012, 11:56 PM
I agree. Necro is super powerful once you have some better cards

singerete
08-23-2012, 10:57 AM
The only deck i can hardly or can't beat ar the Orcs decks. Other factions are relatively well positioned against necro. As posted above, necro decks get more powerful after u get some cards.

As gameplay wise, i observed that necro decks have a slow start, but if u can get into the late game, the tides of war can change in your favor.

Le.Rancord
08-23-2012, 05:22 PM
depending on what hero u choose the water AoEs or earth aoes along with ure backbone drops 5 lamasu / 5 vampire knights can easily turn the battle.

Kasseopea
08-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Infect is the b*tchiest effect atm. No matter how strong your unit is - on hit and its basically sentenced to death. Sure, you could counter it with regenerate, but only few creatures have it and the 2/2/5 zombie is cheap and far too effective against any kind of bigger creature.