PDA

View Full Version : Master Mode

Brick235
08-19-2012, 06:21 PM
I think there should be a way to turn this feature on or off. At this point I am not concentrating on memorizing songs at all, I just want to be able to play them accurately. There's nothing more annoying than getting a MM encore or double encore and totally not remembering how to play it at all. I have to just sit there until the songs over. Just a simple option to turn it off completely would be nice.

Dizzyg12
08-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Agreed....I cheat - like others - and pull up YouTube videos to play along with. I'm just not there with the memorization of alot of these songs.

Th3Pa1nK1Ll3r
08-19-2012, 10:13 PM
If I get MM encore I just try to play as much as I remember from song... Then if I play it one more time in normal rehersal then I remember pretty much the whole song so I can nail it in MM. :D

Brick235
08-19-2012, 11:00 PM
I can usually remember the melody but not the exact note/s to start on. Maybe a good idea for the next patch?

steel_string
08-20-2012, 01:06 AM
I haven't seen an MM encore since installing the latest patch.

Goooner1
08-20-2012, 08:05 AM
I got one, the first event I did post-patch. The song was Black by Pearl Jam, the chord version, I'd played it to Master level, but never actually played it in MM. In fact I don't think I'd played it at all in a couple of months, as I'd stopped playing as often because of all the freezing, so I was completely lost, hadn't got a clue what to play, so I just had to strum random chords until it was over :)

An option to turn off MM encores would be most welcome.

Ezios_Axe
08-21-2012, 07:13 AM
That's a shame. You could have YouTube searched Black and nailed it. The verse are two chords and the chorus is 3 or 4. It's a pretty easy song if you have the chord pattern in front of you.

kittendaddy2
08-21-2012, 09:17 AM
Thing is, without a particular reason (song to unlock?) That's a lot of effort to go to when you can just put the guitar down and let it play itself out; MM won't level you down, so when it forces me to either accept few to no RSP or review something externally, I go with the former. MM encores are kinda a dumb feature.

Brick235
08-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Yeah, I tried to pause it, go to my computer and review something, then go back. Kind of a pain.

steel_string
08-21-2012, 05:41 PM
I got one, the first event I did post-patch.

You mean the first one you played, or the first one that was generated? The first one you played would have been generated pre-patch.

I suspect it's no longer favoring mastered songs, so how often they turn up would depend on how many songs you have mastered. I carefully avoided mastering more than a few songs prior to the patch because I didn't have all the bonus songs unlocked (due to the game not giving me any encores for a long time). Immediately after the patch, it went from picking an MM encore every time (except when I had a never-played DLC or bonus song available) to not giving me any in the half dozen or so encores afterward.

Brick235
08-22-2012, 02:54 PM
I have been getting MM encores for bass almost every time. I know some are pretty simple like the black keys but I can just never remember where to start and I fumble through it. Plus, in an event it doesn't even really tell you how you did on an individual song, so it's kind of pointless. Just not really fun.