PDA

View Full Version : first 3 houers maybe desmond gameplay

lothario-da-be
08-19-2012, 02:05 PM
In an interview alex hutchinson said they showed nothing of the first 3 houers yet, even not a schreenshot, now there are 2 options: we play a long time of the game before connor is 12-14 or DESMOND!!!
http://techdeville.com/wp-content/uploads/assassins-creed-3-screenshots.jpg

lothario-da-be
08-19-2012, 02:07 PM
I'am searching for the interview

tarrero
08-19-2012, 02:14 PM
What about both?

lothario-da-be
08-19-2012, 02:14 PM
here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8yKK9LwEoGM#!

lothario-da-be
08-19-2012, 02:17 PM
that would mean a lot desmond and a lot pre-connor gameplay, HELL YEAAAH!!!

RatonhnhakeFan
08-19-2012, 02:30 PM
It's most likely both Desmond gameplay and young Ratonhnhaké:ton with tons of spoilers. The reveal of MacGuffin in AC3 (be it another Apple of Eden, or Eve/Eve's DNA, or Crystal Skull, or Shroud of Eden etc), the reveal of the Grand Temple, the destruction oh Mohawk village, maybe the reveal that Charles Lee is Ratonhnhaké:ton father, perhaps even short gameplay/cutscenes from Lee's perspective (since there's the issue of game starting in 1753 while Ratonhnhaké:ton may not be even born till two years later), maybe Juno or Venus will be present (we saw Juno in front of the Grand Temple and there was the Venus sign right before the subtitles in ACR)

Not surprised they're not showing anything. Could be the most spoilerific first 3 hours in any AC game yet.

Slayer_WTF
08-19-2012, 02:31 PM
Desmond

Desmond

Desmond

Desmond

Desmond

dxsxhxcx
08-19-2012, 02:49 PM
I hope we spend a good time (in game years) playing in Connor's childhood instead of just see them burning his village and learn a few new moves and then jump to the moment he joins the Order... it would be nice spend some years with young Connor and discover/see things that will only make sense later in the game and meet people that'll be part of Connor's life when he become an Assassin...

Stroonzje
08-19-2012, 02:50 PM
wait, so are we seeing some desmond?

thekarlone
08-19-2012, 03:01 PM
I don't think there's much of Desmond in the early game. Why? Because they should show the main characteristics of the game in the first hour, they should introduce the main historical character (Connor) and his story. If they don't do this, some new players could take a weird impression of the game.

I mean, the story can start with Desmond (as other games does) but the first appearance of Connor should not take much time from the beginning of the game.

tarrero
08-19-2012, 03:03 PM
I have always thought the reason behind the destruction of Connor´s village goes far beyond that "just colonization". What about if the mohawk had known the location of some "holy places/artifacts"? With Connor´s one having some key info regarding that, and being caught between the never ending Assassins vs templars war?

RatonhnhakeFan
08-19-2012, 03:16 PM
I don't think there's much of Desmond in the early game. Why? Because they should show the main characteristics of the game in the first hour, they should introduce the main historical character (Connor) and his story. If they don't do this, some new players could take a weird impression of the game.

I mean, the story can start with Desmond (as other games does) but the first appearance of Connor should not take much time from the beginning of the game.They could have the first hour with Ratonhnhaké:ton, then another hour with Desmond. I think that precisely because of new players they will have a bit more Desmond at the beginning this time. There's A LOT of modern day story to recap/explain to new players, you can't do it in historical section, but you could easily do it in Grand Temple, with William asking Desmond questions or some other character asking Desmond questions, like "Ohh and what happened after they kidnapped you?". Questions that are there only to recap events but are written in the context so it feels natural.

I don't think they will just have a short video recap. There's too much to recap after 4 games. They tried it with ACR and IMO the recap video was an incomprehensible cluster**** for new players.

Kables
08-19-2012, 09:53 PM
Im excited to see who we assassinate as in the first 30 seconds, connor or desmond.
in case anyone doesn't know, we were promised to be assassinating somone in the first 30 seconds of popping the disc in

LoyalACFan
08-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Im excited to see who we assassinate as in the first 30 seconds, connor or desmond.
in case anyone doesn't know, we were promised to be assassinating somone in the first 30 seconds of popping the disc in

I've wondered the same thing myself. Probably Desmond, since that would have more shock value. We already expect Ratonhnhake:ton to be a killing machine, but so far (with the exception of that one scene in the warehouse) Desmond has been somewhat of a lovable goofball in a hoodie. It would be cool to turn on the game expecting a cheesy one-liner from Desmond, then all of a sudden he jumps up and stabs somebody's face and you're like "HOLY CRAP, DESMOND TURNED INTO A BADASS ALL OF A SUDDEN!"

morpheusPrime08
08-19-2012, 10:46 PM
So how do you guys think the game will exactly start? Maybe like the other games? "pop in disk, AC3 menue press start load............BAM huge battle* were playing as adult Connor * Press button to run *huff huff huff *press x to assassinate " rest in peace"...............error error dysinc in progress........" Desmond the animus need an update go check that POE cave.......15 min later "ok it's fixed" Hop in and were Connor as a child?

Lol you dont have to story tell in my goofy fashion but im just curious how you guys think the first 5,15,30 min will be?

SteelCity999
08-19-2012, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see about an 1-1.5 hrs of Desmond and/or present day stuff, then another 1.5-2 hours of intro to Connor, etc. Even in AC2 there was a descent amount of Desmond before we really got into Ezio - albeit not the best of gameplay. There is also no reason yet to even need to access Connor's memories so there will have to be some dialogue and/or gameplay to establish the whys for the rest of the game. I think RatonhnhakeFan previously explained the rest as well.

LoyalACFan
08-19-2012, 11:30 PM
So how do you guys think the game will exactly start? Maybe like the other games? "pop in disk, AC3 menue press start load............BAM huge battle* were playing as adult Connor * Press button to run *huff huff huff *press x to assassinate " rest in peace"...............error error dysinc in progress........" Desmond the animus need an update go check that POE cave.......15 min later "ok it's fixed" Hop in and were Connor as a child?

Lol you dont have to story tell in my goofy fashion but im just curious how you guys think the first 5,15,30 min will be?

I think the sh*t will be going down in the first 15 minutes. In the last Revelations multiplayer clip, we saw Daniel Cross dispatched to kill William Miles. I think Desmond wakes up in the middle of an ambush and some unlucky Templars find their way onto the business end of his hidden blade.

lilshawty741
08-19-2012, 11:34 PM
I bet there's about an hour of Desmond gameplay at the beginning. Especially sice they are going to have to explain why he is going back into the animus and why this ancestor. I wouldn't be surprised if the first 2 or 3 hours of Conner gameplay is all intro stuff. There was 3 sequences of into stuff for ezio so it will probably be around the same.

Kables
08-19-2012, 11:54 PM
I think the sh*t will be going down in the first 15 minutes. In the last Revelations multiplayer clip, we saw Daniel Cross dispatched to kill William Miles. I think Desmond wakes up in the middle of an ambush and some unlucky Templars find their way onto the business end of his hidden blade.
This hopefully, would be a really cool change and pace setter for the rest of the game. but then there are the people that are new to the franchise ubi wants to introduce the new assassin connor to.. finding a start to this game was probably as hard as writing the ending

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 12:14 AM
Very much possible.

But technically, the game could still open with a Ratonhnhaké:ton level. It could go like this:

Some high-octane short historic gameplay, we finish it and Desmond gets out of Animus, does some little chat with Rebecca. The screen fades to black and "3 days earlier" sign appears and we start from the point Desmond & co arrive at the grant Temple, find a reason why they will follow Ratonhnhaké:ton etc.

OriginalMiles
08-20-2012, 12:51 AM
Very much possible.

But technically, the game could still open with a Ratonhnhaké:ton level. It could go like this:

Some high-octane short historic gameplay, we finish it and Desmond gets out of Animus, does some little chat with Rebecca. The screen fades to black and "3 days earlier" sign appears and we start from the point Desmond & co arrive at the grant Temple, find a reason why they will follow Ratonhnhaké:ton etc.
I don't like the "3 days earlier idea", for obvious reasons.
Also, question, why do you keep calling Connor, "Ratonhnhaké:ton", I know it's his real, birth name, but, it seems like a pain to type, not bashing, just asking a friendly question.

E-Zekiel
08-20-2012, 12:54 AM
So can you not do both or something? I would want to do both.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 12:55 AM
I don't like the "3 days earlier idea", for obvious reasons.It's not uncommon in movies, I could see Ubisoft doing something similar for the sake of having the first level be historical.

Also, question, why do you keep calling Connor, "Ratonhnhaké:ton", I know it's his real, birth name, but, it seems like a pain to type, not bashing, just asking a friendly question.I like this name.

OriginalMiles
08-20-2012, 12:58 AM
It's not uncommon in movies, I could see Ubisoft doing something similar for the sake of having the first level be historical.
Still, I think it would kind of take away the immersion for me, I like the way that none of the modern day scenes are out of order, personally.

I like this name.
Okay, fair point, XD.

LoyalACFan
08-20-2012, 02:52 AM
It's not uncommon in movies, I could see Ubisoft doing something similar for the sake of having the first level be historical.

Yeah, but it might be kind of weird to start off in the 19th century since we have no idea why we're reliving Connor's memories yet. We would just kind of be randomly running around killing people.

MangoCookies
08-20-2012, 03:09 AM
I think we will be playing as Desmond for the first three hours, because of the ending of Revelations (which will not be said because of spoilers)

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 05:05 AM
He probably didn't think about that screenshot. It's definitely not going to take three hours to get to that scene.

Kit572
08-20-2012, 07:55 AM
What does "houers" mean?

ProletariatPleb
08-20-2012, 08:00 AM
Just because they didn't show anything from the first 3 hours doesn't means it's gonna be Desmond.

They're just saying that they didn't show anything that could spoil/show anything from the beginning, that's all.
I'm sure Desmond won't get the first 3 hours, that would be...stupid.

Locopells
08-20-2012, 10:34 AM
We probably get Desmond first, but not for whole first 3 hours.

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 01:23 PM
What does "houers" mean?

I think it means seconds.

We assassinate someone in the first 30 seconds of the game remember, so do not forget! Seeing as AC:R finished at Desmond walking out the van so it would probably be a Desmond assassination, maybe..

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 01:29 PM
I think it means seconds.

We assassinate someone in the first 30 seconds of the game remember, so do not forget! Seeing as AC:R finished at Desmond walking out the van so it would probably be a Desmond assassination, maybe..
Houers = Hours according to the video?

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Houers = Hours according to the video?

We were both joking ;)

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 02:24 PM
We were both joking ;)
I wasn't :P

WolfTemplar94
08-20-2012, 02:39 PM
I doubt it. It would be too alienating for new fans to the series. I can imagine so many people would be like "Where da history at"/

twenty_glyphs
08-20-2012, 06:10 PM
I think and hope AC3 will start with a little more Desmond than AC2 started with. You have to get through what, like 20-30 minutes of Desmond before you get to play Ezio's first memory in AC2? I could see 30-45 minutes of Desmond at the start to set up the reason for viewing Connor's life. I can also see the Desmond time as being necessary to explain what's going on to newcomers of the series as well as longtime fans (since there's so much we don't know). Perhaps Desmond can explain to the Assassins and to us what he meant when he said he knew what they needed to do. They'll also need to introduce the Animus 3.0. Keep in mind that AC2 also introduced us to Ezio as a baby almost right away, then cut back to Desmond for a while before really getting to Ezio. AC3 could introduce a vision of Connor very early on, but still have more Desmond gameplay and story exposition before getting into his life for real.

I feel like Desmond will gain access to the Grand Temple right away, since Jupiter told him to go there and then said, "Take my words. Pass them from your head into your hands. That is how you will open the way." Sounds like Desmond's already prepared to open the Grand Temple and set up shop at the start of AC3, and I think that would be an awesome start to the story.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Alex teases first few hours again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_psrzEYVJis

r4inm4n1991
08-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Alex teases first few hours again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_psrzEYVJis

There is already a thread about it!

De Filosoof
08-21-2012, 01:59 AM
I
I feel like Desmond will gain access to the Grand Temple right away, since Jupiter told him to go there and then said, "Take my words. Pass them from your head into your hands. That is how you will open the way." Sounds like Desmond's already prepared to open the Grand Temple and set up shop at the start of AC3, and I think that would be an awesome start to the story.

Maybe we'll have to solve cryptic puzzles to gain access to certain parts of the grand temple :). Would be nice.
So something like modern-day glyph puzzles. I think it's a very good possibility.