PDA

View Full Version : Washington and Lee's relationship

Layytez
08-19-2012, 11:20 AM
How do you think these too will interact with another ? I'm thinking their is going to be some tension and possibly betrayal due to Charles wanting to be commander and felt that George was not fit to do so.

LoyalACFan
08-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Lee hated Washington. He was intended to be the leader of the Continental Army, but he refused to give up his British holdings so he was passed over, despite being a more qualified military man than Washington.

brefcourte
08-19-2012, 07:48 PM
, for sure!

Slayer_WTF
08-19-2012, 07:52 PM
, for sure!

http://forum.everyeye.it/invision/public/style_emoticons/default/Smiles.gif

RatonhnhakeFan
08-19-2012, 07:53 PM
Lee hated Washington. He was intended to be the leader of the Continental Army, but he refused to give up his British holdings so he was passed over, despite being a more qualified military man than Washington.
Perhaps it will be explained in AC universe that Washington's Apple of Eden had something to do with the fact that he became the Commander-in-chief of the Continantal Army instead of Lee, not just that it was because of Lee's demands?

One of the pics of Charles Lee looks like it may portray him hiding an AOE under his shirt, so perhaps it will be one of the key reasons of their conflict?

LoyalACFan
08-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Perhaps it will be explained in AC universe that Washington's Apple of Eden had something to do with the fact that he became the Commander-in-chief of the Continantal Army instead of Lee, not just that it was because of Lee's demands?

One of the pics of Charles Lee looks like it may portray him hiding an AOE under his shirt, so perhaps it will be one of the key reasons of their conflict?

Maybe... I think they'll definitely use the bad blood between Washington and Lee as a plot element, since Connor is so closely interacting with both of them. It would be kind of weird if they never acknowledged each other's existence.

projectpat06
08-24-2012, 08:28 PM
With speculation that Charles Lee is Connor's father, I honestly think Lee will be one of the good guys. Lee falls in love with this Mohawk woman who gives birth to two of his children in the years 1754 - 1762 with Connor being the eldest. The Mohawk gave him the name meaning "Boiling Water" but that doesn't typically mean he was responsible for the burning of their village. That picture of him holding young Connor could be deceiving. Sure Connor may not favor his father, many don't when their Dad abandons them, but Connor learns of the Assassin order carried over from his father lineage. Lee did give up all his titles and aristocratic birth to fight for democracy when siding with the Continental army as he was part of the whig party; however, Washington was chosen over him because he was less gruff and a better political figure. It could also have to do with the fact that Washington acquires a Piece of Eden. When Lee is captured and taken back to England, Connor could then acquire his ship to use in the fight against the Templars.

So basically, my theory is that Lee is actually with the Assassins and Washington is a Templar. The developers said that Connor will see more of a gray area between the two groups likely because he may not get along with his father too well and because he comes to trust and work with George Washington. Alex Hutchinson did say the main villain is someone we interact with a good bit throughout the game and actually develop a relationship with. I sense betrayal from Washington.

SteelCity999
08-24-2012, 09:07 PM
With speculation that Charles Lee is Connor's father, I honestly think Lee will be one of the good guys. Lee falls in love with this Mohawk woman who gives birth to two of his children in the years 1754 - 1762 with Connor being the eldest. The Mohawk gave him the name meaning "Boiling Water" but that doesn't typically mean he was responsible for the burning of their village. That picture of him holding young Connor could be deceiving. Sure Connor may not favor his father, many don't when their Dad abandons them, but Connor learns of the Assassin order carried over from his father lineage. Lee did give up all his titles and aristocratic birth to fight for democracy when siding with the Continental army as he was part of the whig party; however, Washington was chosen over him because he was less gruff and a better political figure. It could also have to do with the fact that Washington acquires a Piece of Eden. When Lee is captured and taken back to England, Connor could then acquire his ship to use in the fight against the Templars.

So basically, my theory is that Lee is actually with the Assassins and Washington is a Templar. The developers said that Connor will see more of a gray area between the two groups likely because he may not get along with his father too well and because he comes to trust and work with George Washington. Alex Hutchinson did say the main villain is someone we interact with a good bit throughout the game and actually develop a relationship with. I sense betrayal from Washington.

I actually could see Washington as the villian but it won't be something that is revealed until the very end, when it's too late for Connor to do anything about it. From a marketing perspective, he has been shown alot sort of over Connor's shoulder and that could be a hint. Also, the inclusion of the journal in the CE's would be very interesting if this is the case. Washington has always been portrayed as such an infallible person with alot of humility and it would be an interesting take by Ubi to make him the silent villan.

HisSpiritLives
08-25-2012, 07:56 AM

I think that Washington and Lee are both bad guys, and if Lee is Connor father that doesnt mean that he is good guy and that Connor wont assassinate him .

projectpat06
08-25-2012, 08:51 AM
I think that Washington and Lee are both bad guys, and if Lee is Connor father that doesnt mean that he is good guy and that Connor wont assassinate him .

I could be completely wrong but I thought Lee didn't care about power, in fact he sacrificed his property, titles, and Aristocratic heritage in favor of democracy and freedom, and is eventually captured for it. That doesn't sound like a Templar to me. I don't think connor's relationship with Lee will be the best one either so like I said this may be the reason why Connor may see the Templars vs assassins in a gray area. Connor may even attempt to kill Lee if connor is influenced by the Templars. As of right now I can't think of another way for Connor to inherit his wealth as a Ship Captain than getting it from his father who gets captured and can't use it anymore. but it's all speculation