PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 will not be the last chapter of the series

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Lately there is a lot to talk about Assassin's Creed 3, especially the fact that basically leaves one chapter per year. Marketing the beginning of the franchise in 2007, almost every Christmas we played the role of a Murderess different. All this is very good for Alex Hutchinson, Creative Director of the series, stating in an interview with CVG that the annual releases are a normal thing: "It is great to have a chapter year? If trasmettessero Breaking Bad (TV series) two times a week I would watch. If Radiohead did a disk every six months I would buy it. "Ubisoft wants to then make the franchise Assassin's Creed potentially infinite, like Super Mario or Call of Duty, as to produce it takes a lot of money, "" If players want to play like that, then with high production levels and spectacular , then you must accept that those who produce them must re-enter economically. Among other things, it is very rare that the first installment of a series on investment returns. "

What do you think? I see evil. I is not at all well.

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 05:40 PM
We all know that..
Honestly did you have any thought of doubt ?

pacmanate
08-18-2012, 05:46 PM
No offence but you make so many threads.

Vex_Assassin
08-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Did you really think AC3 would be the last AC game? ...

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 05:50 PM
We all know that..
Honestly did you have any thought of doubt ?

In fact I was aware that there would be other AC, but not one year. Hutchinson says "worry about the quality, not the yearly", but he knows better than we do that in a year you do is make a copy and paste. I do not want to find a series of chapters like Brotherhood and Revelations, which as far as I've enjoyed, they remain of copy and paste.

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 05:51 PM
Did you really think AC3 would be the last AC game? ...

No, I repeat: I knew that there would be others, but the gist of the discussion is to be developed within a year, like Brotherhood and Revelations.

Jay_2750
08-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Didn't they say it'd be the last game based on Desmond Miles?

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Didn't they say it'd be the last game based on Desmond Miles?

Yes, AC3 will close the story of Desmond, but then there will be other Assassin's Creed, which apparently will be published every year.
In short, we will probably have a number of games all the same and with little new, and it pisses me.

Jay_2750
08-18-2012, 05:59 PM
I think it should end with Desmond, personally.

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 06:06 PM
I think it should end with Desmond, personally.
Understandable logic..

deskp
08-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Yes, AC3 will close the story of Desmond, but then there will be other Assassin's Creed, which apparently will be published every year.
In short, we will probably have a number of games all the same and with little new, and it pisses me.

Youre very welcome to only play the game released every 3 years. So far Brootherhood was the best game in my opinion. If you really worry, then dont but the yearly games at release. wait for reviews and other people opinions.

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 06:08 PM
I'd like the series to continue, but did not become a Call of Duty. We were able to withstand Brotherhood and Revelations, but Ubisoft is confident that we will be able to endure an entire series in those conditions? I think not.

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Youre very welcome to only play the game released every 3 years. So far Brootherhood was the best game in my opinion. If you really worry, then dont but the yearly games at release. wait for reviews and other people opinions.

No, there is no point. We all know how it will end if each chapter will be developed in a year. Will you be able to endure ten Assassin's Creed all the same?

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 06:15 PM
The games sell, they`r top quality and are successful critically...

why not ?

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 06:21 PM

why not ?

But excuse, you think as player or as a shareholder of the market? This may be fine 2, maximum 3 times, but after a while 'copy and paste the effect will only hurt the series.

naran6142
08-18-2012, 06:24 PM
well for all we know they have been working on the next assassins creed for a while now

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 06:24 PM
But excuse, you think as player or as a shareholder of the market? This may be fine 2, maximum 3 times, but after a while 'copy and paste the effect will only hurt the series.
Did "copy pasting" hurt the series ? Nope..

The Games sold very well, got great reviews and are top quality..

Sorry if I sound repetitive, but this is how it is..

Jay_2750
08-18-2012, 06:25 PM

Brotherhood was VERY good indeed. Personally, based on story-line I think Assassin's Creed II is the best so far. Assassin's Creed was really good, but I didn't like it when in the game, before doing an assassination mission, you had to do investigations like pickpocketing etc.

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Did "copy pasting" hurt the series ? Nope..

The Games sold very well, got great reviews and are top quality..

Sorry if I sound repetitive, but this is how it is..

Yes, in fact Call of Duty oozes quality from every pore. So let me understand: you'd like to see 10 games with the same animations, the same graphics, the same icons with the same structure as the previous chapter, and so on?

Wow, is that you know how the games work. Lol

Umbra_Blade
08-18-2012, 06:30 PM
well for all we know they have been working on the next assassins creed for a while now

exactly what i was thinking. Since they (Ubisoft) know that AC has a good strong fan base and has made a name for itself, they could maybe justify taking the risk of doing what they did for ac3, and have a staggering effect. For example when AC3 releases, AC4 has already been in development for 2 years and AC5 for 1 year. it would be risky but if they pulled it off, that means yearly releases of well polished, refined and different games. win for customers, win for shareholders, and win for Ubi's reputation. Of course in business terms it would be VERY risky to do. :p

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 06:31 PM
Yes, in fact Call of Duty oozes quality from every pore. So let me understand: you'd like to see 10 games with the same animations, the same graphics, the same icons with the same structure as the previous chapter, and so on?

Wow, is that you know how the games work. Lol
Again, why not ? If the story is Innovative, gameplay is superb and quality is top then why the hell not ? Yes same Graphics, why not ? Yes same Icons, why not ? Yes same Animations, why not ? and HELL YES the same structure, why the eff not ? See ? as long as I have a reason to buy the game... then I`ll buy it, the moment I feel a drop in quality or Innovation is when I`ll finally stop..

I dont get how people automatically assume the next game will be crap.. what ? you all Psychic ?

Jay_2750
08-18-2012, 06:33 PM
I don't know whether there will be an AC4. I really do not mind.

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 06:34 PM
Again, why not ? If the story is Innovative, gameplay is superb and quality is top then why the hell not ? Yes same Graphics, why not ? Yes same Icons, why not ? Yes same Animations, why not ? and HELL YES the same structure, why the eff not ? See ? as long as I have a reason to buy the game... then I`ll buy it, the moment I feel a drop in quality or Innovation is when I`ll finally stop..

I dont get how people automatically assume the next game will be crap.. what ? you all Psychic ?

Are you telling me that you prefer to play the game usually recycled to a fresh new game like Assassin's Creed 3?

Ok.

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Are you telling me that you prefer to play the game usually recycled to a fresh new game like Assassin's Creed 3?

Ok.
Again, how do you know the next game is recycled ? How ? Just how ? and no I don't mind..

The only standard I put for games is Innovation, I don't say "Hey, if its the same graphics then im not buying" or "Hey If its the same animation then im not buying"

Innovation and quality... that's it

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 06:40 PM
Again, how do you know the next game is recycled ? How ? Just how ? and no I don't mind..

The only standard I put for games is Innovation, I don't say "Hey, if its the same graphics then im not buying" or "Hey If its the same animation then im not buying"

What you're saying you can not have him with titles developed in a year, so either you do not want much or have a concept of "quality" far from me and the rest of the world.

However, now I look for the source of the interview, because it could not be true. In this case, the news turns out to be false, close the topic.

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 06:43 PM
What you're saying you can not have him with titles developed in a year, so either you do not want much or have a concept of "quality" far from me and the rest of the world.
Mate, they do not develop a game in a single year, that is a misunderstood and widespread idea, but it is wrong..
and sure I have a different understanding of Quality than the rest of the world and GLADLY you...

Im truly thankful that I do not have your Mindset, No offense to your opinion of course, I just don't like it..

TheHumanTowel
08-18-2012, 06:45 PM

Well in your last post you just said you don't care if they reuse the same graphics, the same animations and the same gameplay structure. That sounds pretty recycled to me. And not very innovative. Innovation is important to me as well and I would question whether a one year development cycle is enough time to properly innovate and bring something new and positive to the series. If they could do that I'd be thrilled but time contraints really hurt ACR's quality and it's ability to innovate.

I wouldn't mind more annual releases if they treated them more as spin-offs than main games in the series.

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Here is the interview, but do not know if Alex turns to the current series or the future of the series: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-08-17-assassins-creed-sequelization-put-in-context-by-ubisoft

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Well in your last post you just said you don't care if they reuse the same graphics, the same animations and the same gameplay structure. That sounds pretty recycled to me. And not very innovative. Innovation is important to me as well and I would question whether a one year development cycle is enough time to properly innovate and bring something new and positive to the series. If they could do that I'd be thrilled but time contraints really hurt ACR's quality and it's ability to innovate.

I wouldn't mind more annual releases if they treated them more as spin-offs than main games in the series.
Yes I did say that I do not care if its Recycled, but still how do you know if its recycled ? See ? I don't care if its recycled, but the people who re so SURE that it will be recycled.. how do you know ?

and Innovation is not just Graphics, Animations.. etc.. Hell Assassins Creed III has the same Gameplay Structure, same Horse Animations, SOME recycled Animations.. Its unchanged, and yet its till an Innovation. I consider Revelations and Brotherhood to be great Innovations. You can call this flawed logic, but that's what I think..

deskp
08-18-2012, 06:49 PM

Ok.

2 "recycled" games for every 1 fresh sounds good to me.

Calvarok
08-18-2012, 06:52 PM
There's this thing that happens, where someone brings up something that a Developer said and was discussed AGES ago. Like, prehistoric times old. Like, before the announcement of AC3 old. And we have discussed it to death, and we know that the story of Desmond and Conner and Altair and Ezio is going to be left alone, and they will explore new territory in the franchise, which is good.

One would think that this kind of thread would get no views, and people would have nothing left to say.

But we can't just do that, of course.

We will re-discuss it.

Yay.

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 06:53 PM
There's this thing that happens, where someone brings up something that a Developer said and was discussed AGES ago. Like, prehistoric times old. Like, before the announcement of AC3 old. And we have discussed it to death, and we know that the story of Desmond and Conner and Altair and Ezio is going to be left alone, and they will explore new territory in the franchise, which is good.

One would think that this kind of thread would get no views, and people would have nothing left to say.

We will re-discuss it.

Yay.
Mate, you`re talking about a Forum that still has threads about Lucy bending her finger..

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Yes I did say that I do not care if its Recycled, but still how do you know if its recycled ? See ?

Just do not be blind. Do you want to tell me you have not noticed the recycling of animations from AC2 to Revelations? Please tell me you're joking.

kudos17
08-18-2012, 06:56 PM
I think it would hurt the quality of the series to release annually. Brotherhood was great, but it started tugging itself at Revelations, which I thought was definitely less satisfactory than any previous AC game. It wasn't a bad, but it was a hard step beneath the usual, IMO. Story-wise and gameplay-wise.

If they do release a game every year, than it better be switching off development teams. Alternate, like Call of Duty. But even then, guess what you have? Assassin's Creed - Call of Duty style. The story will suffer. The gameplay will get stale. The series, instead of retiring, will die a painful death of exhaustion. Former fans will be bitter, while new fans are hated for buying the "same title year after year".

And I hate the idea that a game "needs to be fresh in our minds". I think Hutchinson mentioned that once, in an interview. Yeah, last I checked, I don't have the attention span of a child. For example, I waited YEARS for a sequel to the original Deus Ex, and Human Revolution did not disappoint.

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Just do not be blind. Do you want to tell me you have not noticed the recycling of animations from AC2 to Revelations? Please tell me you're joking.
Im talking about the game after AC III -_-

Oh no Assassins Creed Revelations had no recycled animations /Sarcasm

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 06:58 PM

We will re-discuss it.

Yay.

Mate, you`re talking about a Forum that still has threads about Lucy bending her finger..

It 's my fault that I missed the title of the topic, because do not we talk about the next chapters, but HOW will be achieved.

I kindly ask the Mod to edit titles, so as to prevent careless users get confused.

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Im talking about the game after AC III -_-

Oh no Assassins Creed Revelations had no recycled animations /Sarcasm

Tell me something: Brotherhood and Revelations did you enjoy? If yes, how much? Would you like to have a set consists of 5 chapters with the same mechanical properties in each chapter?

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Tell me something: Brotherhood and Revelations did you enjoy? If yes, how much? Would you like to have a set consists of 5 chapters with the same mechanical properties in each chapter?
The first part I got, Yes I enjoyed Both Immensely,and my favorite game is Revelations..

The second part, though... Can you please say it again ? I cant really understand what you mean.. sorry xD

TheHumanTowel
08-18-2012, 07:03 PM
Yes I did say that I do not care if its Recycled, but still how do you know if its recycled ? See ? I don't care if its recycled, but the people who re so SURE that it will be recycled.. how do you know ?

and Innovation is not just Graphics, Animations.. etc.. Hell Assassins Creed III has the same Gameplay Structure, same Horse Animations, SOME recycled Animations.. Its unchanged, and yet its till an Innovation. I consider Revelations and Brotherhood to be great Innovations. You can call this flawed logic, but that's what I think..
I never said I was sure it would be recycled I said I'm worried the one year development cycle is enough time to deliver the quality I usually expect in an AC game. I thought Brotherhood was fantastic. The one year development cycle didn't hurt it's quality. It still provided a great experience gameplay and storywise. I found ACR to be the game where you could see the strain the annual releases put on the game's quality. This may have been to do with the fact that it started as a DS game so they had even less time to develop it into a full title but I still think if they had more time stuff like Desmond's missions and the Lucy reveal could have been handled a lot better.

I think every AC game should have a reason to be made, interesting new mechanics and/or a story to tell. Not just because otherwise there wouldn't be an AC game released that year. I'm not certain I'm just worried. I hope I'm wrong.

eagleforlife1
08-18-2012, 07:04 PM

why not ?

For the first time ever I think I agree with you.

ToniTorsi
08-18-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm game for more Assassin's Creed.

But let's remember what's happened with Splinter Cell. That franchise has suffered severe fatigue problems, due to excessive installments unable to ascend out of their bubble. Ubisoft has made serious effort to make the cash flow again and spike interest with this IP.

They have tried to appeal to certain audiences and the quality and attentiveness the devs once had for the IP was affected in the process, unfortunately. Resulting in a multitude of changes that was detrimental to the franchise.

Ironically, the same case was beginning to take place with Assassins Creed. Mostly noticeable with Revelations. If Montreal, hadn't created a new engine with new mechanics and taken drastic new steps in The right direction, the engrossment meter for Assassins Creed would have started to deplet. Fast.

I just hope that they learn from Revelations and don't go off balance if they are to keep on releasing AC on a yearly basis. It's essential they don't lose their original vision and objective they once had with AC.

Here's me hoping ACIII restores the "balance" that made AC and ACII so limitless, consuming and so enrapturing.

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 07:06 PM
For the first time ever I think I agree with you.
It usually starts with agreeing and then we`re best friends:p

Slayer_WTF
08-18-2012, 07:07 PM
I think it would hurt the quality of the series to release annually. Brotherhood was great, but it started tugging itself at Revelations, which I thought was definitely less satisfactory than any previous AC game. It wasn't a bad, but it was a hard step beneath the usual, IMO. Story-wise and gameplay-wise.

If they do release a game every year, than it better be switching off development teams. Alternate, like Call of Duty. But even then, guess what you have? Assassin's Creed - Call of Duty style. The story will suffer. The gameplay will get stale. The series, instead of retiring, will die a painful death of exhaustion. Former fans will be bitter, while new fans are hated for buying the "same title year after year".

And I hate the idea that a game "needs to be fresh in our minds". I think Hutchinson mentioned that once, in an interview. Yeah, last I checked, I don't have the attention span of a child. For example, I waited YEARS for a sequel to the original Deus Ex, and Human Revolution did not disappoint.

This.

tarrero
08-18-2012, 07:52 PM
If you ask me, I prefer a two year break, with a many cool things added on each release (like on AC1, AC2 and AC3) and some dlc in between. It is not Revelations is bad game, however, I did not like it as the previous ones:

1 The main story was shorter than ever before.
2 The side quests were minimal and not very funny. Considering the fact that the almost all platforming levels were integrated into the main quest.
3 Both first person sequences and den defense were not very welcomed, even to the point of complete removal in AC3.
4 The lost archive has been both the most expensive, and at the same time, the DLC I enjoyed the least.

BUT, as long as the good sales continue, ubisoft will go annually. I understand the business part of it, despite the fact I would like it other way.

AMG-Fahrer
08-18-2012, 08:00 PM
I like that AC III won't be the last of the franchise. But iam also happy that it (might) be the last one with Desmond as "Today-Protagonist".
I like realy the combination of history and videogames; I realy like to feel the historical past. Because off you play a long time in the years you get a better feeling for the past - that's what I realy like.

So there are enaugh stuff in the history for more games. I also think ancient times or more modern times would fit, too. Sure AC should not be a wargame (so no WW II directly). But For this times I think you could be an Assassin wroking for the French Resistence or something like that. I also would like to see an AC (may be a Spin Off) which plays during the cold war. Imagine that atmosphere - the world is near to it's total destruction :p - would be cool. And what about the templer here? Have they lost control over everything? - I just can't imagine they want a nuclear war... or? :p
Btw: Anyone knows the movie "Equilibrium"? I like how John Preston (the protagonist of the movie) pulls his dual hidden pistols. Something like that would fit great into AC.

I would like to see a past 1930 AC, too. But may be as a SpinOff (but for the XBox).
There is a lot of intresting stuff to find in history, just don't make a wargame of it. Keep the high level ("niveau").

Iam excited for AC III and for what will be announced next.
As long as the quality is right, iam happy with this franchise (right words of the developers).

Greetings from Germany
(I think its my 2nd forum reply in Ubisofts forums, so there must be place for some Greetings :P)

LoyalACFan
08-18-2012, 08:02 PM
If they follow the formula of the Ezio trilogy, annual releases should be fine. They should make one game with a new Assassin, then split the team. Have some of them work on follow-ups to that Assassin (which wouldn't require as much groundwork, since we already had his backstory and setting fleshed out), and have the rest work on a completely new setting and character during the 1-2 years of Brotherhood/Revelations-style sequels. I didn't have a problem with BH and RV personally. Sure, it could be argued that Revelations was a bit stale, but it wasn't planned ahead of time as it should have been. If they had said after AC2, "Hey, let's make an Ezio game per year until AC3 in 2012", it would have been better. But they didn't even know they were going to make it until after Brotherhood released.

ACfan443
08-18-2012, 08:09 PM
For a game to be good quality and sell well doesn't mean that they should release one on a yearly cycle, even if it does make them a lot of money. It takes away from the excitement and anticipation, just like buzz experienced when AC2 was revealed two years after AC1. It's just milking the franchise to the point of leaving a hideously wrinkly udder behind.

Amaral724
08-18-2012, 08:47 PM
I remeber last year in a interview ALEX AMANCIO told after AC3 (i guess he really say AC3) they wiill stop with the annual releases and Make another game in 2 years:)) In this case, like AC3 , with a lot of new mechanics etc..

misterB2001
08-18-2012, 09:04 PM
the way it was explained at the start when ACIII was first announced was that they wanted to make a huge new game, from scratch, taking almost 3 year to develop it, so it tied in, time wise, around the general 2012 storyline.

The money men at UBI were eager to capitalise on a very popular franchise which had exploded after AC2 was released. The only way they were allowed to take so long to develop ACIII was to bring out other AC games in the mean time (Brotherhood and Revelations).

If it wasn't for the additional Ezio games, which bought time and brought in much needed money, we wouldn't have a brand spanking, crammed to the eyeballs, ACIII which took nearly 3 year to develop. It would have been smaller, less innovative and probably poorer than what they wanted it to be.

They could release a new AC game every 6 month and i'd love it.

LoyalACFan
08-18-2012, 10:09 PM
I remeber last year in a interview ALEX AMANCIO told after AC3 (i guess he really say AC3) they wiill stop with the annual releases and Make another game in 2 years:)) In this case, like AC3 , with a lot of new mechanics etc..

I wouldn't trust his word on it. He was creative director for less than a year.

rileypoole1234
08-18-2012, 10:12 PM
If they can make a game a year with good gameplay and an amazing story as AC always has had... I'm game.

BeCk41
08-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Well John Shepard apparently lived through Mass Effect 3 to presumably make another, so I think anything is possible now. There are no shortage of places to start a new game from in AC, the options are wide open. But I'm still waiting for Ubisoft to take Assassins Creed to England or Russia.... yeeeeep, ...still waitin.

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 11:32 PM
As for the Deus Ex: human revolution thing, yes, it came out years later and did pretty well, but you know what? Most of the people buying it had never heard of Deus Ex before. It would have had a lot more sales if it were still fresh in the public's mind. Who knows what they have planned. Maybe they started development on the first non-trilogy game a year ago so it could come out next year. Who knows?