PDA

View Full Version : Impressed so far - BUT

jyujinkai
08-17-2012, 11:13 PM
So far I am impressed, I found the game fun (if a little simple) and I liked how fast it is.. card games with fancy UIs (like DoTP for example) are so slow you wish for a simple MTGO type layout. Game was fun and there seamed to be a reall feeling of choice as I playued after the campign and openign a few packs.

BUT

Will I ever play this? I dunnmo.. probably not.. I think the CCG format jus tdosn't work in digital games. It works in MTGO as theta game will NEVER die and you know your cards are functional for ever AND you cna sell them as there is a very strong trading system In this game I feel like spending money is just throwing money away.

You should have followed Fantasy Flights Games concept of teh LCG not teh CCG.. if you had I would definatly be buying this game.. but as a CCG.. well I will probably nvr buy anything.

suddl
08-17-2012, 11:36 PM
So far I am impressed, I found the game fun (if a little simple) and I liked how fast it is.. card games with fancy UIs (like DoTP for example) are so slow you wish for a simple MTGO type layout. Game was fun and there seamed to be a reall feeling of choice as I playued after the campign and openign a few packs.

BUT

Will I ever play this? I dunnmo.. probably not.. I think the CCG format jus tdosn't work in digital games. It works in MTGO as theta game will NEVER die and you know your cards are functional for ever AND you cna sell them as there is a very strong trading system In this game I feel like spending money is just throwing money away.

You should have followed Fantasy Flights Games concept of teh LCG not teh CCG.. if you had I would definatly be buying this game.. but as a CCG.. well I will probably nvr buy anything.

As it is right now you dont have to spend money for your cards. Its just a long way to new cards if you dont want to spend money ;P
And if you are in the Might and Magic Series this is def. a game i wanna play...

jyujinkai
08-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Well imo if they do not introduce a proper trading system the game will nvr take off, and even if they do unless there is a strong player base it will nvr take off as no one is going to sink the kind of money a ccg needs if there are no players. I assume there will be more campaign to get more cards in the full release, but even so... I feel that this game will end up like most of the others... hardly anyone playing and those that do play have ubr powerful decks crushing new comers. It would take a LONG time and a large player base b4 I felt confident I wasn't throwing money out the window b4 I trusted this game to exist in a 4 or 5 years from now.

suddl
08-18-2012, 09:05 AM
hardly anyone playing and those that do play have ubr powerful decks crushing new comers.

Well, they could solve thise problem very easily. You get your skillpoints and if you use the matchmaking there sould be a cap for different skill lvls.
What you discribe is allready there, newcomers in this beta get crushed by the most players... :P
And you dunno what happen, perhaps there will be a trading system? You didnt even know what they plan for the upcoming update this week.
Closed Beta didnt run very long now. Be patient and perhaps you will give it a try or too, same as I :)

jyujinkai
08-18-2012, 02:05 PM
dude, I do not think you understand what I am trying to say here as your response is not even on topic. I am not talking about levelling up or putting time into it or w/e to gain "free" stuff. I am talking about the longevity of a CCG format that dose not have a proper trading system or consumer confidence that the investment will have any kind of future. I have been playing card games form the original release of magic so nearly 30 years now and I have tried pretty much every online card game that has been in English. So i have some experience with online ccgs

What I was saying about the deck power btw (witch is a separate point) is that in a small community that has low player counts there will always be players that play it all the time as they love the theme or w/e.. and these people will be super powerful compared to new players. When a new player logs into a CCG that asks for moneys for random boosters and there is maybe 100 people on line or something and everyone of them has decks that crush you, they log off and nvr come back. .I have seen it time and time again.

Now I wish these guys luck, and I would like to see it work out.. but it is the CCG model that will kill this game. If they expect a CCG model to work, they need to at teh very least install a full trading post.