PDA

View Full Version : How to make the game better - Two tips

Versago_666
08-17-2012, 03:50 PM
First off i think that this game has alot of potential to be better than "other" card games out there but several design choices are really bothersome.

The first one is the fact that you can only see the field from the side and not from the front straighforward perspective like a chessboard moving you creature like pawns which is watch i belive the design philosophy should be to improve immersion and participation because right now you feel like you are not actually playing the game but rather just a bystander watching the action, it's generally a bad perspective to have in these types of games.

The seond one is the Card details and management system, right now its not particularly user friendly not only because the cards (altough very beautiful and have fantastic artwork)
Are not easily readable and are not in high resolution nor particularly detailed on the screen but it's also difficult to manage your deck of cards because of the poor resolution and the fact that you can't have the game in fullscreen.
The system should be more user friendly and easly manageble like they are in other card games such as the Yu-Gi-Oh!, Magic the Gathering duels of the Planeswalkers.

You have already covered the cardgame and made it unique but the thing you need to do better in this genre is to look at what similar card game does and do it better.
This game is very promising and as a Might and Magic fan i'm eagerly looking forward to it.
Good Luck

MTG Card management system and details - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYH_WXY1Z7A
Engaging and immersive perspective - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYNDFe-_qq4

Versago_666
08-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Bump.
Give your thought on the Might and Magic card game and what can be improved.
Do you agree on what i suggest?
Comment on it.

SuchLEGO
08-17-2012, 07:27 PM
I got a idea ... I am in a match now and cuss he loseing . we wen afk and i just sitting thear and waiting ... Mabe a chat and a Report player bottom .

SuchLEGO
08-17-2012, 07:28 PM
he*

Versago_666
08-17-2012, 07:53 PM
It would be nice if they could incorporate a voice and/or text chat into the game and also they could make a timer so that a player has to play there turn within a certain amount of time.
i'm thinking maybe 90 seconds?

suddl
08-17-2012, 08:02 PM
The first one is the fact that you can only see the field from the side and not from the front straighforward perspective like a chessboard moving you creature like pawns which is watch i belive the design philosophy should be to improve immersion and participation because right now you feel like you are not actually playing the game but rather just a bystander watching the action, it's generally a bad perspective to have in these types of games.

I donīt think this will happen. The scheme of the "battlefield" wouldnt make any sense in front view in my oppinion. They woul have to change the whole feeling of the game right know as it is.

It would be nice if they could incorporate a voice and/or text chat into the game

Please donīt. I donīt like spammer friendly games. Lobby with chat = Haven for spammers/flamers and kiddys.

Versago_666
08-17-2012, 08:51 PM
I donīt think this will happen. The scheme of the "battlefield" wouldnt make any sense in front view in my oppinion. They woul have to change the whole feeling of the game right know as it is.

Please donīt. I donīt like spammer friendly games. Lobby with chat = Haven for spammers/flamers and kiddys.

I'm not saying that they should remove the side view from the game completly but rather add the "Chess" view because that it what works and has always been the standard for board and card games i think it's the optimal view for these types of experiences
How would it change the "feeling" of the game?
It's always good to state clearly and detailed what you mean.

It's easy for the player to mute/disable these types of systems without compromising for normal people that can use them without abuse.
If developers were spending time thinking about spammers/flamers and kiddies there wouldn't be any online game made ever.
You just cant compromise on making a game better than would it could be because some people are morons and irresponsible.

RDiefer87
01-10-2014, 05:52 PM
It would be nice if they could incorporate a voice and/or text chat into the game and also they could make a timer so that a player has to play there turn within a certain amount of time.
i'm thinking maybe 90 seconds?

There is already a timer for turns, I believe it is 120 seconds. The timer is not visible until you reach the final 30 seconds. After timing out in 2 (or maybe 3) consecutive turns, you automatically forfeit your duel.

As for the view of the game board, I wouldn't mind there being an option to rotate the board 90 degrees.

Revalon
01-10-2014, 05:57 PM
There is already a timer for turns, I believe it is 120 seconds. The timer is not visible until you reach the final 30 seconds. After timing out in 2 (or maybe 3) consecutive turns, you automatically forfeit your duel.

As for the view of the game board, I wouldn't mind there being an option to rotate the board 90 degrees.

You do know that you just answered a nearly 1 1/2 year old post? All those threads just got up because some sc*mbag spammed in dozens of threads

RDiefer87
01-10-2014, 07:54 PM
You do know that you just answered a nearly 1 1/2 year old post? All those threads just got up because some sc*mbag spammed in dozens of threads

=0 Well I thought I was being helpful lmao!

gabusan
01-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Shorter turns after elo 1000

historicmuffin
01-11-2014, 05:40 AM
=0 Well I thought I was being helpful lmao!

Lol

Aranarth78
01-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Reduce disadvantage of starting first by using a method similar to Hearthstone:
- 1st player play turn 1, nothing changes.
- 2nd player play turn 1 too but has an option he/she can use once to gain one extra ressource a turn. Can be used at any turn but only once.

itaisleyer1991
01-12-2014, 06:24 AM
am i the only one bothered that this is a card game with no option to actually trade cards?

historicmuffin
01-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Reduce disadvantage of starting first by using a method similar to Hearthstone:
- 1st player play turn 1, nothing changes.
- 2nd player play turn 1 too but has an option he/she can use once to gain one extra ressource a turn. Can be used at any turn but only once.

Sounds like Hearthstone mischief to me.