PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ubisoft!! Make an open world pirate game!!!!!

projectpat06
08-16-2012, 03:38 AM
You know it, I know it. This could be epic and Ubisoft has the resources and potential to do it. Think of all those pirate legends that could be expanded on, all the vast islands waiting to be explored with dungeons or temples so to say in a realistic zelda style, the bustling port towns with realistic economies to destroy or improve, the ship customizations, the crew customizations and recruitment, and all the BOOTY to loot!!!! It's time to surrender the Booty Ubisoft and make a unique game that could start a new series!!!

Comments welcomed but post more ideas and maybe the word will get out to the developers of Assassin's Creed since they already have a good template to work with!!

rileypoole1234
08-16-2012, 03:50 AM
Well with the free roaming in the Caribbean AC3 sort of is a pirate game.

projectpat06
08-16-2012, 04:20 AM
apparently only to a certain degree. You can free roam on your ship whenever you like, but the naval portion is only missions like the dungeons in the previous games so you are restricted in a sense. I was talking about a full on game with a open world that you can explore and sail your ship where ever in this world.

WolfTemplar94
08-16-2012, 04:31 AM
I think it would be pretty cool. It can't be too realistic though. I remember the time my sisters boyfriend spent $50 on a ship simulator that was well, about as fun as watching paint dry. The ships need to be quite fast, probably unrealistically slow. I'm not going to want to play a game that has half an hour of no land.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft end up making a pirate game if the ship mechanic in this game is well received. It's something that really hasn't been attempted on any significant scale.

MetalCreed
08-16-2012, 04:46 AM
I've said this a million times, and I made a post today about that, and I feel this thread is a response to that. ;)

projectpat06
08-16-2012, 04:53 AM
It is, credit given where credit is do. But what ideas?

Blind2Society
08-16-2012, 05:42 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love Ubi and they no doubt could do it, but this seems more up Bethesda's alley.

Anyway, it's an excellent idea.

MetalCreed
08-16-2012, 06:11 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love Ubi and they no doubt could do it, but this seems more up Bethesda's alley.

Anyway, it's an excellent idea.

I was thinking Rockstar, Ubisoft or Bethesda make it.

Originally I first thought of this idea during Skyrim, but Rockstar seem more competent IMO.

Blind2Society
08-16-2012, 07:11 AM
I like the openness Bethesda games provide. With games like RDR and AC they sacrifice the openness to support telling the story. I think for a game such as the one you suggest I would much rather have the openness.

That said, all three companies are very capable of pulling it off I just think Bethesda's style fits the idea better. Just my opinion.

shobhit7777777
08-16-2012, 08:55 AM
This could fun

dxsxhxcx
08-16-2012, 12:13 PM
it would be interesting, maybe a game where you can choose to be a pirate or part of the army of a country that fight the pirates and depending of your choice this would lead you to different storylines/paths, a game like this would be also interesting if we had a system where our choices affect the story like in the Witcher games for example... :)

Stroonzje
08-16-2012, 03:27 PM
i really like this idea, we should get shade to pass it around :D could be be big too, the idea behind it is great!

Sabastian_AC
08-16-2012, 04:41 PM
So wait...Can we clear up whether or not the ocean is explorable? At first they made it sound like Conor is introduced to the boat, and then he is free to hop on it and sail around whenever he wants. Some recent information has made it sound more like the Da Vinci machines missions where you leave, do the mission, and return. Can we sail around outside of missions or not? I WANT TO BE A PIRATE!!

MetalCreed
08-16-2012, 05:25 PM
So wait...Can we clear up whether or not the ocean is explorable? At first they made it sound like Conor is introduced to the boat, and then he is free to hop on it and sail around whenever he wants. Some recent information has made it sound more like the Da Vinci machines missions where you leave, do the mission, and return. Can we sail around outside of missions or not? I WANT TO BE A PIRATE!!

So far it seems like the latter.
:(

Sabastian_AC
08-16-2012, 06:02 PM
So far it seems like the latter.
:(

So this interview makes it sound like it is roamable. Skip to about 8mins...

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/05/ign-live-assassins-creed-iii-demo-e3-2012

MetalCreed
08-16-2012, 06:10 PM
So this interview makes it sound like it is roamable. Skip to about 8mins...

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/06/05/ign-live-assassins-creed-iii-demo-e3-2012

It's kinda contradicting to the latest vid and I remember that they another guy said this in E3/Comic-con as well. But I guess here's the thing: they haven't flat out said "no" so maybe there is. Maybe you can free roam during the missions or something? We'll have long 10-15 minute on the water until we get to our target maybe? And by the time you've finished all naval vessel missions, you have explored all of the ocean available in the Caribbean.

Sabastian_AC
08-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Yeah I seem to remember an interview where they talk about being able to sail up and down the Eastern Seaboard and that there were other random ships just sailing around. Plus 10 internet points to anyone who can find that interview / solve the mystery.

Sabastian_AC
08-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Yeah I seem to remember an interview where they talk about being able to sail up and down the Eastern Seaboard and that there were other random ships just sailing around. Plus 10 internet points to anyone who can find that interview / solve the mystery.

Actually in the IGN interview, Matt talks about NPC ships, port towns, and access to the ship right around 12:30. Specifically he says "Conor can take it whenever he wants; it's his ship. He can get on board and go for a little journey at sea." Though he says that the ship is more for gameplay purposes is not really tool for traveling between gameplay areas.

kudos17
08-16-2012, 08:55 PM
I take it no one here has played Sid Meier's Pirates? :confused:

Anyway, it would be an interesting diversion from a lot of the other games we see out there. There's not a lot of stuff on pirates.

Maybe because in reality, pirates were really boring. Not like the movies. And Ubisoft likes to stretch the truth, but keep grounded and history. I suppose they could stretch it if they did a departure from Assassin's Creed, though.

I dunno. Honestly, I don't get the whole craze for the sailing portion of AC3. I mean, it's sure better than tower-defense, but... :nonchalance: I dunno, I find the typical AC-stuff FAR more interesting.

Moultonborough
08-16-2012, 09:10 PM
If handled right I think it could be done. I don't know how many people would want to buy it. I think Bethesda would be the best company to make it.

MetalCreed
08-16-2012, 09:23 PM
If handled right I think it could be done. I don't know how many people would want to buy it. I think Bethesda would be the best company to make it.

Here's a thread I made a few months ago on IGN (please tell me if this against the ToS)
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/rockstar-needs-to-make-an-open-world-game-involving-pirates.452445625/#post-452584632

"I mean sailing in the ocean, other ships randomly attacking, then docking at land and exploring the unexplored forests and so on and finding treasure. Seriously, this would be epic.
Maybe even have a horse or something to explore it, and have pets.

Killing off native inhabitants of the land and taking them as slaves (or kill them, though either ways this would be a controversial inclusion in the game) or have the ability to take over land and build houses or something."

Sabastian_AC
08-16-2012, 10:39 PM
apparently only to a certain degree. You can free roam on your ship whenever you like, but the naval portion is only missions like the dungeons in the previous games so you are restricted in a sense. I was talking about a full on game with a open world that you can explore and sail your ship where ever in this world.

Where did you read/hear this? Everything up til now has made the Eastern Seaboard sound like the 4th city/area.

projectpat06
08-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Where did you read/hear this? Everything up til now has made the Eastern Seaboard sound like the 4th city/area.

I have to go back and look for it, but believe me I hope I'm wrong. I want it to be where I can just sail anywhere and explore. Regardless, I still think a whole game devoted to this and expanding on it would be cool

EDIT: This was a video MetalCreed uploaded in the gamescom thread. You can skip to about 3:34. Masters talks about upgrading your ship and having a couple of hours of side content you can engage in. No elaboration on it being another open world, but we'll see in about 2 and half months

Sabastian_AC
08-17-2012, 12:29 AM
EDIT: This was a video MetalCreed uploaded in the gamescom thread. You can skip to about 3:34. Masters talks about upgrading your ship and having a couple of hours of side content you can engage in. No elaboration on it being another open world, but we'll see in about 2 and half months

Yeah I kind of wonder what the point of upgrading the ship is if you can only use it in Leo's Machines-type missions. All of the articles from E3 seemed to suggest that the Eastern Seaboard was basically the fourth "city" of the game, so I'm going to keep my hopes mostly up until I hear anything different. Is there any way that we can contact one of the dev's to get a straight answer? What about UbiGabe?

AssassinGame1
08-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Good thinking! But why is this posted on the Assassin's Creed forums

projectpat06
08-17-2012, 02:32 AM
Bc the mechanics in AC3 with the naval portion looks really good so far so I would like for the same developers to take those ideas and expand on them to make a whole blown out pirate game or naval warfare game with a huge map to explore. I really hope AC3 will some elements of exploration in the naval part but this could make for a cool new series kinda like how AC1 took some of the elements from Prince of Persia but more realistic.