PDA

View Full Version : Scale Runner on xBox (post 8/14 update)

DejaBlau
08-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Were existing scores removed intentionally or was that a bug of some sort? Also, RockSmith doesn't seem to be saving my new scores since the update.

WiiDaLoser
08-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Finally remembered to check and saw that all my scores got wiped out too. Now shows a score of ZERO on every single scale form.

But if I check my score history, it'll show all my previous grand total scores. Weird glitch. Not having problems saving new scores though.

By the way, only installed the new patch; haven't done the Bass DLC yet. Forgot to check the other games

SGsgSGsgSG
08-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Now if you play a scale your entire leader board score resets. Previously it would just reset the portion of the score you are playing. Only the devs know if its a bug or not. I verified that you can still get on the leader board by going emulated bass and getting no. 1 spot a few days ago. They must have not noticed that the in game scale diagram has incorrect string colors. Also the notes on the diagram do not flash correctly. I found quite a few other bugs, not sure where to post them.... Like you have to accept a lower score requirement in the career mode thing when you try to qualify too many times. I'm not complaining though, this is really minor stuff. It would sure bother me if it was my work though.

ashwise
08-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Also seeing this, but on PS3. Rather annoying, as I was second in the rankings, and now all my scores are set to 0, and it won't save my new scores. Both before and after buying the Bass DLC. Started as soon as the game updated after 8/14.

cheeves29
08-21-2012, 12:21 AM
All I know is that whenever I choose minor pentatonic, regardless of key, my notes on d, g, b strings don't register well anymore. I set a personal high score on the major scale when I first started to redo my scores, and then minor pentatonic made me so mad that I've given up on scale runner.

TroyBarnett
08-29-2012, 04:27 AM
Im kinda glad Im not the only one with this problem. After the update downlad, all my scale runner scores were reset to zero and now Rocksmith wont save my scores at all. As soon as I exit the game and come back, all high scores just remain at zero. Scale Runner was like a third of the game to me so it hurts my motivation to play. Im glad only the guitaricade games were effected though. My rank/level is still remembered and It will save as I progress with the actual songs. I just hope this is a temporary bug with scale runner and eventually I hope to get my scores back up. I also dont know if I just need to wait and be patient or if theres anything I can even do to fix this.

Flipper153
08-29-2012, 12:07 PM
All I know is that whenever I choose minor pentatonic, regardless of key, my notes on d, g, b strings don't register well anymore. I set a personal high score on the major scale when I first started to redo my scores, and then minor pentatonic made me so mad that I've given up on scale runner.

I seem to be having note detection issues as well .... making scales annoying and painful

Jeetdawg1
09-03-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm also having note detection issues with scale runner since the update, it's to the point where I'm going to stop playing it.

TonyFarkas
09-06-2012, 01:28 PM
hmmmm it is not saving any of my scores on xbox.

Nufiol
09-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Same problem here (PS3). Scores gone. New scores not recorded. Problem noted since last patch.
Some note detection difficulties bettered by fine tunning.

roadtrip2012
09-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Same problem here (PS3). Scores gone. New scores not recorded. Problem noted since last patch.
Some note detection difficulties bettered by fine tunning.

Same here. I noticed these problems on the bass side of RS (as well as at least one specific to the bass, namely wrong coloured string diagrams) and started a thread there before noticing this one. So it seems to be an across the board issue.

Before this discussion gets shunted into the sidings of an "official feedback" thread where many won't see it - even if the developers will - can I ask, for the benefit of all concerned, a question to all RS players: does anybody currently have Scale Runner working *properly" at all, after the patch / expansion? Meaning that, as before, scores are saved, note registration is reliable and duly sensitive, and in the case of bass the strings are properly coloured (not sure if I missed anything)?

Presumably that's a pretty fundamental question for those at present working round the clock to fix it: is it a general bug or one that's restricted to some players' setups?

Perhaps RS/Ubisoft could offer a prize for guessing the correct answer. Like, say, a fully functioning Scale Runner. My guess is it's everyone.

brianpeiris
09-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Another vote for fixing scale runner.

TonyFarkas
09-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Another vote for fixing scale runner.

fix it and add more scales please

Black_Widow9
09-08-2012, 12:12 AM
I have a question for all of you having this issue. Can you please tell us-

1. Your Console

2. Have you downloaded the update?

3. Did you download the Bass DLC?

Please do make sure you are contacting Support as well.

Vector_Shift
09-08-2012, 12:26 AM
The high scores reset for me. As far as note detection issues, I don't know. I'm not good enough yet. :o

1. Your Console
PS3

Yes.

Yes.

TonyFarkas
09-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Xbox
yes ( it started after the latest patch.)
no ( not yet )

roadtrip2012
09-08-2012, 01:00 PM

1. Your Console

PS3.

Yes

Yes.

I notice nobody has yet written on this thread to say Scale Runner is working fine post update... But I'm sure the developers have already noticed that too. Here's hoping for a much speedier fix this time!

Rockin7GG
09-09-2012, 12:14 AM
1. Your Console

PS3

Yes, and this erasing / non-saving of my current scores began after the update.

Yes, and I am also having problems with that. When I played the Bass Technique challenges initially, all went well and I could replay the various challenges without any mishaps. All h e l l broke loose after that for, whenever I click OK upon completion of a challeng, the game 'locks-up' and I have to reset the entire game.

WiiDaLoser
09-10-2012, 05:04 AM

1. Your Console
--> Xbox 360
--> Yes
3. Did you download the Bass.
--> No

Also tried messing with SR since the last time and now my scores aren't saving. It still tracks the total cumulative score but erases the individual score per scale.

Experimented a bit and played all the different scales. Got a high enough score to hit the Top Ten leaderboard. And the game continues to show my overall score but the individual scale scores reset to zero

So the game is tracking something.

Hab_Fan
09-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Console = Xbox
Downloaded Patch = Yes
Download Bass = No

Scores erased and note detection is pretty bad.

panamajack84
09-20-2012, 01:47 AM
PS3, Patch=Yes, Bass=No. All scores erased, can't save new scores.

ducksel
10-17-2012, 08:42 PM
PS3,
Patch=Yes,
Bass=No.
All scores erased, can't save new scores.

Fix it, at last!!!

LovesIbanez
10-23-2012, 03:58 PM
PS3
Patch = Yes
Bass DLC = No

Scale Runner scores are reset each time I start Rocksmith.

Also sent this through Ubi support, really hope it is addressed in the future.

JTCoop
10-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Before this discussion gets shunted into the sidings of an "official feedback" thread where many won't see it - even if the developers will - can I ask, for the benefit of all concerned, a question to all RS players: does anybody currently have Scale Runner working *properly" at all, after the patch / expansion? Meaning that, as before, scores are saved, note registration is reliable and duly sensitive, and in the case of bass the strings are properly coloured (not sure if I missed anything)?

I use XBox
Have the latest patch AFAIK
Downloaded and regularly play the Bass Expansion.

Last night I played Scale Runner for the first time in forever, so I can't really weigh in on losing saved scores - I lost my entire game save data file on Sept 26. Generally Scale Runner seemed to work fine - just like always, although it did seem a couple of times like I played a note correctly but it wasn't detected. I was playing only the A Maj scale. Once I got frustrated and really focused on hitting notes very deliberately, note detection seemed to improve. Not sure it was any worse than before the patch/bass expansion.

Se7h_Graves
01-11-2013, 08:27 PM
I know this topic has been dead for a while. But when I had patience to start playing the mini games and trying the trophies, I check that I have the same problem with the scale runner.

There is already a solution? Or still waiting for a patch?

roadtrip2012
02-02-2013, 10:30 PM
I know this topic has been dead for a while. But when I had patience to start playing the mini games and trying the trophies, I check that I have the same problem with the scale runner.

There is already a solution? Or still waiting for a patch?

Hello? Anybody out there from Ubisoft like to respond?