PDA

View Full Version : Control panel question: Switch cockpits???

jamesdietz
07-30-2004, 09:49 AM
I've never tried specifying keybord commands for this option but does this do what the inbuilt option in other flightsim games ( European Airwar for instance..)used to do ? I mean if I've been dumb enough to do a straight on stern approach on nearly any formation of aircraft & been shot-to-H_ll. I can leap ( twilight zone like) to another a/c or next in line a/c or nearest friendly fighter a/c and commit another blockheaded attack? Just wondering....

jamesdietz
07-30-2004, 09:49 AM
I've never tried specifying keybord commands for this option but does this do what the inbuilt option in other flightsim games ( European Airwar for instance..)used to do ? I mean if I've been dumb enough to do a straight on stern approach on nearly any formation of aircraft & been shot-to-H_ll. I can leap ( twilight zone like) to another a/c or next in line a/c or nearest friendly fighter a/c and commit another blockheaded attack? Just wondering....

LEBillfish
07-30-2004, 09:54 AM
No......What it is for is say you are in a plane with a tail gunner or even multiple positions like the TB3/HE111 it allows you to switch from position to position....AS LONG AS that positions AI was not killed, nor you where ever you were at.

So say you take the tail gunners position and get p/k'd....You cannot switch back to the pilot.

It does NOT allow you to switch planes.

http://www.geocities.com/k2kellyirie/IL2/starnew.txt