PDA

View Full Version : A few mistakes in the AC games

pacmanate
08-12-2012, 10:46 PM
The P.O.E Mistake

Firstly, and this one bugs me a LOT, is various things to do with the POE. Below is the Papal staff, without the Apple in, this is from AC:B. As you can see, where the hell does the Apple go on the staff? We see Rodrigo put it on the top of the staff. Makes absolutely ZERO sense.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29300000/Ezio-assassins-creed-29337738-1248-702.jpg

Secondly, the Apple and Staff are combined to open the door to the vault in AC2 as seen below, once again, makes no sense how the Apple fits on top of the staff...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9s5nrps4VAk/TYSi1P8NklI/AAAAAAAAADg/EOovDGRV4oA/triangolo.JPG

Then after this scene, Ezio just pulls out the Apple from his pouch without removing it from the Staff as seen above, when showing the apple Minerva inside the vault.

The Hidden Blade Mistake

At the end of AC2, Lucy throws Desmond the hidden blade, Ezio's Hidden Blade. It is never explained how they got a hold of this, see below video at 20 seconds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN8YtADZ8VI

Then in AC:B, it sudden changes to this, a much simpler design. Have no idea how this was over looked:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101018222327/assassinscreed/images/9/94/Blade.jpg

Slayer_WTF
08-12-2012, 10:48 PM
In Revelations out of the Animus has the same white sweatshirt that had in Brotherhood.

pacmanate
08-12-2012, 10:52 PM
In Revelations out of the Animus has the same white sweatshirt that had in Brotherhood.

Oh yeah forgot about that! Fixed!

TheFrontLine
08-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Does it say that hidden blade is Ezio's?
I mean, it's similar, but the Mentor(from The Fall) has a blade with a design similar to that, with the white Assassin symbol in that position, etc.

Slayer_WTF
08-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Does it say that hidden blade is Ezio's?
I mean, it's similar, but the Mentor(from The Fall) has a blade with a design similar to that, with the white Assassin symbol in that position, etc.

Exactly. Probably still had to build the modern design of the blade concealed, that we find in the encyclopedia.

For clothes that you could say that in the Brotherhood has changed them during the trip.

Slayer_WTF
08-12-2012, 10:56 PM
But it's true: how the hell did that fat to get out of there?!

Assassin_M
08-12-2012, 11:10 PM
I read the title "Few Mistakes in AC games" I say "Alright, Im assuming its something VERY important"

Then....... "Oh......"

naran6142
08-12-2012, 11:25 PM
well maybe the team keeps a box of spare hidden blades... and desmond preferred the least obvious looking one....

TheFrontLine
08-12-2012, 11:38 PM
I don't get why Desmond wears it on top of the sleeve when in The Fall, which I think took place in ~2000, the Assassins wore it under.

pacmanate
08-13-2012, 12:14 AM
I read the title "Few Mistakes in AC games" I say "Alright, Im assuming its something VERY important"

Then....... "Oh......"

You can never assume, only suspect.

Assassin_M
08-13-2012, 12:16 AM
You can never assume, only suspect.
No, Its "You can never know, only suspect":p

Locopells
08-13-2012, 01:19 AM
Presumably the apple is made of moving parts that maneuver themselves around the struts of the staff.

We see the door to the vault opening, then it jumps to gameplay. I guess that's when Ezio removed the apple, must have been an oversight to not show it, either in the cutscene or in gameplay.

Ezio abandoned his blade in Altair's library, where Altair's apple was. We know that Abstergo found that apple, therefore they must have found the blade too, and Lucy got it from them.

As for ACB, all that that is, is that Desmond has removed the bracer/covering/call it what you will, and kept the blade mechanism part of it.

SixKeys
08-13-2012, 01:36 AM
Desmond getting Ezio's hidden blade in AC2, then changing to a simpler design in ACB is even weirder considering you actually find Ezio's hidden blade at the modern Monteriggioni in ACB. Speaking of those objects, I sure hope their significance will be explained somehow in AC3. Why did Desmond collect them in the first place and what happened to them after the gang left the villa?

I don't think the way the Apple fits the Staff is all that strange. It's just a round hole in the middle where the Apple supposedly aligns itself to snap into place once it makes contact with the Staff. Ezio having the Apple in his pocket after entering the Vault is clearly an oversight, though.

Slayer_WTF
08-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Desmond getting Ezio's hidden blade in AC2

But is not the hidden blade of Ezio. It 'a hidden blade any, and then amended during travel is likely. The only difference is that in ACB has the plaque removed.

pacmanate
08-13-2012, 01:20 PM
^ wouldn't count on it. Modern blade designs from the Encyclopaedia show that the modern hidden blades were very well hidden. They wouldn't make one to look like Ezio's then go "Crap, we forgot that it is too conspicuous!"

LoyalACFan
08-13-2012, 10:01 PM
I don't get why Desmond wears it on top of the sleeve when in The Fall, which I think took place in ~2000, the Assassins wore it under.

Well, he is pretty new to the whole "Assassin" thing. He had some training as a kid, but I don't think he ever had a hidden blade, so he wouldn't know any better.

raytrek79
08-15-2012, 02:27 PM
The thing that you see on Desmonds wrist is a vembrace, the actual hidden blade is just a simple leather strap on device. The second video here is just the hidden blade without the vembrace cover. A vembrace is a piece of armour that you can buy seperate at the blacksmith.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Desmond getting Ezio's hidden blade in AC2, then changing to a simpler design in ACB is even weirder considering you actually find Ezio's hidden blade at the modern Monteriggioni in ACB..

No you don't... You find his belt. He ditched his hidden blades in Altair's library. So presumably, it's in Templar hands, since they somehow got in the library, took the Apple, and then destroyed it in that DIA satellite incident. Although I guess you could argue that if the Templars had the blade, it could have made it to Abstergo, where Lucy could have taken it, and given it to Desmond...

But honestly, they probably just didn't feel like rendering a new hidden blade design for Desmond to use for all of thirty seconds.