PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Winter War 4v4 Domination / Manhunt Tournament Hosted by Chachi McSwaqq

Chachi McSwaqq
08-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Good afternoon, Templars and Assassins.

This tournament is going to be a very large one, so you have a lot to read if you want to participate. This is only the first incarnation of rules, you can expect them to shift a little before this tourney rolls around.

Understand that the Domination and Manhunt sides are basically separate tournaments. For instance, you could sign three teams from one clan up for each without breaking the three team limit.

Currently this tournament is Xbox 360 only. PS3 teams may sign up, and if we get enough for a tournament -- meaning 8 or more -- I will handpick a PS3 player to deal with that side.

DOUBLE ELIMINATION, best 3 of 5. Finals best 4 of 7.

NUMBER OF TEAMS TO BE DETERMINED BY NUMBER OF SIGNUPS. Currently stands as a 16-team, but if 32 teams sign up, we're going there. Oh yeah.

Each team has room for 4 starters and 4 subs. No more. If you are a member of a clan, "any member of my clan can sub" will not fly. If this is a problem for you, let me know and I will consider your situation. There is a LIMIT OF THREE TEAMS FROM ANY ONE CLAN in each mode.

A player can participate in both modes IF his or her team does. If your entire team is not playing the other mode, you may not join up with another team. Subs may change, but changed subs may not participate unless the starters have a real good excuse for not being available, and inform me of this.

Seeding will be randomized. In the Winner's bracket, high seed will host. In the loser's bracket, low seed will host.

Participants from ALL REGIONS are accepted. However, the tournament will be timed for American players as they make up the majority, and I am not going to change it so that your team from Kazakhstan can play. If you want in and you're in a funky time zone, be ready for a late night or an early morning. The times have not been set yet, it will be dependent on how large the tournament is. What I DO know is that the dates will be between December 20th and January 20th, but NOT on Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Year's Eve or New Years.

Lag tests will be done before each match, and you will continue switching hosts until one that does not generate severe lag comes around. If that doesn't happen, see below.

This brings us to the lag rules. Lag is a part of the game brought about by a wide range of player nationalities, and it will be treated as such. Basic lag, such as if you are slide killed, will not be subject to retrial.

If you have video evidence of GAMEBREAKING lag -- we are talking about the whole people teleporting back and forth across the map stuff -- inform me and you will redo the game. If this is constant, every game, and you have video proof that you are losing purely because of the lag -- such as if you are slide killed from a great distance through your defensive ability for a 1000 point kill and then lose by 300 -- the lagging team will be moved to the loser's bracket or eliminated.

If BOTH teams are lagging, tough luck. You guys are playing through it. Make sure to have fun and record it, it will probably be pretty amusing. Any team accusing the other of lag is REQUIRED to have video proof. If the other team accuses you of proven gamebreaking lag and you can not prove that they were lagging as well, you'll lose the round. Sorry, but if you want all regions allowed this is what you have to deal with.

There will be no complaining or smack talking, no cheating. If exploits are discovered in AC3 prior to this tournament they will be banned in the final tournament rules. This means uncounterable tactics or glitches. Example: If it's discovered that you can drop abilities while Shielded, hence running in while shielded and dropping a smoke bomb so your team can wipe out the other without them ever countering, this tactic will be banned in the final tournament rules. You may say "But Chachi, that's the team's fault if they are all together to be smoked." If the tactic is not banned, there is nothing to stop the entire offensive team from bringing shield and smoke and going individually at their enemies. Now say there is an obvious counter to this maneuver, which at the moment there is not. If that is found, this will not be banned. Basically, all counterable team plays are allowed. This includes everything from ACR Manhunt. Running, gunning, knifing, chucking smoke, however stupidly unskilled, you name it. All of these things can be beaten. Something will have to be EXTREMELY bad to be banned from this tournament.

Currently, ALL ABILITIES AND TACTICS ARE ALLOWED.

Next key rule component. THERE WILL BE NO DRAMA. If I catch wind of a team cheating, or talking smack beyond playful competition, that team will be disqualified immediately. I am going to speak to your team before I disqualify you, in case you can give me a ridiculously good excuse for why you should still be in the tournament. Don't expect favoritism, whether I know your team or not. I will have the final rules by December 15th, so check then and make sure you understand all of them.

Another point -- in recent tournaments, teams have felt inclined to "give the other team a second chance." This ALWAYS ends negatively. If the team you are playing breaks the rules and you do not inform me to disqualify them, that's fine -- but if it causes drama AT ALL, BOTH TEAMS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Basically, if the other team breaks my rules, I expect to know, and if I don't you may pay the price later.

Team leaders will notify me by Xbox message of the result of each round as it happens.

This tournament may be for a prize, I have not decided yet. As of now, it's for glory.

Signups start now. First come first serve. Team lineups may change up until the final rule day, December 15th, excluding subs, which can change up to gameday. Following that date, any team starters being removed will result in disqualification and the next team on the list getting in. Any subs being changed may only play as a last resort, so don't try to sneak around it that way.

List your name and your team, with leader, team name, and mode that you will play -- Dom, MH, or both. Also mention which platform you are playing on.

Domination

1. Chachi McSwaqq's Team
2. WLP Carnage's Team
3. RIP Baghdad's Team

Manhunt

1. Chachi McSwaqq's Team
2. WLP Carnage's Team
3. RIP Baghdad's Team

Possible PS3 Teams

1. DeadlyAssassins9's Team
2. ABXantos's Team

Final rule thus far. I, as Citizen War once said, am the absolute dictator of this tournament. All disputes will be resolved by me and me only in discussion with the involved team leaders. There is no reason it should come to the point where I need to. The rules covering lag, cheating and DQs are very clear.

If you managed to read all this and want to hop in, get to signing up!

TheHowlerrr
08-12-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm gonna sign up team before they all get taken. Don't know who yet, but I'd like to sign a team up for both please! :p

JTS_812
08-12-2012, 09:26 PM
how can you make a team for a game that no one know's the strategies for yet? lol

Chachi McSwaqq
08-12-2012, 09:33 PM
how can you make a team for a game that no one know's the strategies for yet? lol

This is why the final team lineup date is more than a month after release :P

OnlineSettings
08-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Yo, dont be stealing my lightbulb. -__-

Rossko23
08-12-2012, 11:24 PM
:O Nick

ABXantos
08-13-2012, 01:18 AM
I for right now wish to list myself as a free agent for 360 if possible.

Yes, I said 360 not PS3, as of now Outcast Templars has no plans to join until a PS3 tournament is official.

RIP_baghdad
08-13-2012, 04:36 AM
RIP clan will have 1 team for both modes >>> starters & subs names will be added soon (next week)

will check if we can confirm to have another team from RIP

Citizen War
08-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Um, ain't it a little early? And isn't this a little ambitious?
Just saying.

Don't mean to discourage you. But most of us are suffering from severe tournament burnout.

On top of this, after my experience in the last tournament, I don't know if I'd every play a team from Europe again.
Good luck regardless.

RIP_baghdad
08-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Just saying.

Don't mean to discourage you. But most of us are suffering from severe tournament burnout.

On top of this, after my experience in the last tournament, I don't know if I'd every play a team from Europe again.
Good luck regardless.

I don't know about the rest of Europe but I live in UK and I always play with my clan from USA (most) and I am always the best connection of them and they all ask me to host as all connect to me and some of them can't connect to players within USA :)

DeadlyAssassins9
08-13-2012, 04:01 PM
hey im not sure if this really will work for ps but worth to sign up though, i guess ... :) preferably singning up now than too late xD anyway i'd like to sign up for both tournys on ps3 if there will be any, what i really hope :)
Teamname : DeadliestAssassins
Leader: DeadlyAssassins9 -- me
Main Team: chihi1 , playa_langen23 , KiLLeR53446809
Subs: TL_Ange , Shadow-X01 (Antonino-_-57 , marmaladegirl )--- im not sure about all my subs yet, but these in the brackets r just what i think atm .. I'll give more information on my subs later, now there its not even sure if there will be ay tourny for ps3

lawliet250
08-13-2012, 08:37 PM
hey deadly arent you signing for the acb mh tournament this month? the ps3 needs one more team :D

DeadlyAssassins9
08-13-2012, 09:04 PM
hey deadly arent you signing for the acb mh tournament this month? the ps3 needs one more team :D

OMG i so wish i could join the tourny in some way *-* but you know that my ps3 broke ?! ;( its gonna be repaired til december definitely or at least til middle of september :D but its not gonna be fixed in this month :/

anyway lawliet, u wanna join my team for THIS upcoming tourny in december ?? would be glad to have you in our team :) ..
if u dont join us, then at least promise me that we'll face each other teams in that tournament :P gonna be epic xD
& btw i still want some competitive asa with you in the lobby when i return to acR :D

Chachi McSwaqq
08-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Just saying.

Good luck regardless.

Tis early so that people have the maximum time to get a team together, tournament burnout also is not going to last until December. This will be the first AC3 tournament, so I see no reason to spring it on people particularly fast. Mentioning it this early allows me to adapt the rules as the game is learned and in accordance with how many teams sign up.

Chachi McSwaqq
08-14-2012, 10:37 AM
I for right now wish to list myself as a free agent for 360 if possible.

Yes, I said 360 not PS3, as of now Outcast Templars has no plans to join until a PS3 tournament is official.

I have listed you as a potential PS3 team. If 8 PS3 teams apply, a tournament will run.

Baghdad, notify me of whether you are a PS3 or Xbox team.

lawliet250
08-15-2012, 09:23 AM
idk we will see what happens till then i cant give an answer right now and until ac3 comes out i will probably play only darksiders 2 :D acr asa doesnt concern me anymore it became to boring for me and the game in general even if gave it a try these days after watching evilassassin's latest videos but its still boring me ...i dont have the same pleasure for this mode or game as i used 2.

DeadlyAssassins9
08-15-2012, 01:30 PM
idk we will see what happens till then i cant give an answer right now and until ac3 comes out i will probably play only darksiders 2 :D acr asa doesnt concern me anymore it became to boring for me and the game in general even if gave it a try these days after watching evilassassin's latest videos but its still boring me ...i dont have the same pleasure for this mode or game as i used 2.

well yes i can understand the first part about u thinking about it :P thats a good idea ^^
but unfortunately i also see what ur problems with ACR in general are :/ I just still play it when im back cause I just love it :D & i wanna get that prestige 50 patron LOL ...anyways this thread isnt about acr so we / i shouldnt spam it xD Sorry Mr.McSwaqq ^_^

lawliet250
08-15-2012, 06:52 PM
ok we will play if you want but dont expect nothing great for me like i said it doesnt concern me anymore and btw i reached prest 50 and i have that patron :P

Raibuscus
08-15-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm gonna sign up team before they all get taken. Don't know who yet, but I'd like to sign a team up for both please! :p

I want to be in your team! :D

Citizen War
08-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Hey Chachi sorry for being negative earlier about this man. I really want to see the tournament work out. There's really no issue with starting the signups etc., really early. Cheers.

Chachi McSwaqq
08-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Hey Chachi sorry for being negative earlier about this man. I really want to see the tournament work out. There's really no issue with starting the signups etc., really early. Cheers.

It's no problem dude haha

DeadlyAssassins9
08-16-2012, 09:10 PM
ok we will play if you want but dont expect nothing great for me like i said it doesnt concern me anymore and btw i reached prest 50 and i have that patron :P

ROFL not expecting good things from YOU,(especially in asa) is quite impossible :P im not thinking that there's a better asa player on ps3 than you (not even ted95on or neenkin) xD i wish i was such a beat in asa :/ but fortunately im 'acceptable' in MH ^_^ so if u want we can try both modes with some other competitive players :D

-__- i cant stop talking .. sry I will try not to spam that thread o.o

Nero1144551546
08-17-2012, 02:53 AM
If I may ask why are u bring domination mode in this tourny if the game has not came out. why?

Chachi McSwaqq
08-17-2012, 09:18 AM
If I may ask why are u bring domination mode in this tourny if the game has not came out. why?

Because it has been demonstrated plenty clearly that it will be a solid competitive mode. It's not like this tournament is happening before the game comes out.

Nero1144551546
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Because it has been demonstrated plenty clearly that it will be a solid competitive mode. It's not like this tournament is happening before the game comes out.
Competitive Mode Mmmm Really. Well Maybe My Legends would like to be in it but we don't play other games in AC just ACB. But I will see if i can get a team.

Mc Dudes
08-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Hey chachi you know what would be fun? If the domination tourney was the first day onAC 3 xD

Rossko23
08-18-2012, 12:25 AM
Hey chachi you know what would be fun? If the domination tourney was the first day onAC 3 xD

That actually would be hilarious! No one knows what to do in terms of tactics and strategies. It'll be Evolution if that were to happen.

Nero1144551546
08-18-2012, 12:40 AM

This is a good idea. It will be hard but yet a good idea.

Chachi McSwaqq
08-18-2012, 03:41 AM

Lmao thats not happening. I can set up a day two scrim series in Domination but there's not going to be a day one tournament when time zones might prevent participants from having the game.

Nero, just let me know. Legends is Apache's clan, right?

Rossko23
08-18-2012, 10:36 AM
Lmao thats not happening. I can set up a day two scrim series in Domination but there's not going to be a day one tournament when time zones might prevent participants from having the game.

Yes, yes it is :D

Nero1144551546
08-18-2012, 08:34 PM

Yes My Leader Apache The Greatest Player there was back then Yes he is the Leader of Legends .. Now Why do u ask?.

Chachi McSwaqq
08-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Yes My Leader Apache The Greatest Player there was back then Yes he is the Leader of Legends .. Now Why do u ask?.

Was simply wondering if it was a coincidence :P

Nero1144551546
08-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Was simply wondering if it was a coincidence :P

Right right yes he is back but this time we taking over ACB jk. Naaa hes back tho.

Edit: But you said Coincidence why so?.

Chachi McSwaqq
08-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Right right yes he is back but this time we taking over ACB jk. Naaa hes back tho.

Edit: But you said Coincidence why so?.

Nevermind lol

BHR LadyEagle
10-28-2012, 12:09 PM
Mhm, I'd like to sign up for both. Still don't know players and subs names though. Thank you. :)

His-Missy
10-30-2012, 11:50 PM
I'd like to be on a Manhunt team. I'm an AC MP vet.

Black_Widow9
11-11-2012, 03:03 AM
Closed at the request of OP.