PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Vision in AC3

arkangelyou
08-12-2012, 11:37 AM
It's probably there but I'm a little scared since we haven't seen any footage of it so far. I hope they haven't scrapped it :O

Assassin_M
08-12-2012, 11:43 AM
They Haven't..

Its coming back..

Slayer_WTF
08-12-2012, 11:43 AM
I seem to remember that even with Ezio did not show anything.

arkangelyou
08-12-2012, 11:52 AM

Well I only started playing AC in April so I wouldn't know about that :D

EscoBlades
08-12-2012, 01:00 PM
As has already been stated, Eagle Vision is indeed returning to AC3 :)

GLHS
08-12-2012, 01:03 PM

There was a part in the AC:R demo that showed him using Eagle Sense, and I don't remember the AC2 or AC:B demos, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little bit of it in those too.

arkangelyou
08-12-2012, 01:27 PM
The eagle sense in ACR seemed a little strange to me. I hope they change it back to how it was before.

Slayer_WTF
08-12-2012, 01:30 PM
The eagle sense in ACR seemed a little strange to me. I hope they change it back to how it was before.

It is possible, because Connor not have the same capabilities of Ezio, so it's possible that his sense is less developed.

GLHS
08-12-2012, 01:40 PM
It wasn't strange, it was different. That's what Eagle Vision develops into once the user has "awakened the sixth" and become fully intuned with their TWCB DNA, hence its different name and abilities. Expect to use Eagle Vision with Connor and probably Eagle Sense with Desmond.

Slayer_WTF
08-12-2012, 01:43 PM
It wasn't strange, it was different. That's what Eagle Vision develops into once the user has "awakened the sixth" and become fully intuned with their TWCB DNA, hence its different name and abilities. Expect to use Eagle Vision with Connor and probably Eagle Sense with Desmond.

http://forum.everyeye.it/invision/public/style_emoticons/default/sisi.gif

pacmanate
08-12-2012, 01:44 PM
I wonder if Connor will have a normal eagle vision now rather than Ezios in Revelations. If Connors eagle vision acts in the same way that makes no sense as he wouldnt develop it in that way, quicker than ezio (see guard routes, analysing targets etc)

Slayer_WTF
08-12-2012, 01:46 PM
It 's also possible that you develop after a certain part of the game, as we relive something like 40 years in the role of Connor.

arkangelyou
08-12-2012, 01:50 PM

I meant like how the camera zoned out and didn't move in the same way, and how the colours were a lot more faded.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2012, 02:21 PM

But what was strange about it was that it was actually weaker than his previous iterations of Eagle Vision. Before, you could just switch it on and scan everybody on the screen, but in Rev, you had to individually hover over every single person before you could find your target.

GLHS
08-12-2012, 02:33 PM
But it also showed the path of guards and the path of targets were much longer than just a few feet away from them. The hovering may have taken longer, but it was (story wise anyway) more efficient for him to scope out the real target, especially with numerous people how looked the same. He had a better sense of direction and intuition too. Although, I do agree that it was much harder to run around and see where you're going with Eagle Sense. In AC2 and AC:B, since the colors are brighter, I think it makes it easier to see outlines and details.

naran6142
08-12-2012, 05:28 PM
But what was strange about it was that it was actually weaker than his previous iterations of Eagle Vision. Before, you could just switch it on and scan everybody on the screen, but in Rev, you had to individually hover over every single person before you could find your target.

Ive always thought this myself too

BBALive
08-12-2012, 05:40 PM
It 's also possible that you develop after a certain part of the game, as we relive something like 40 years in the role of Connor.

28-30 years depending on his date of birth.

Assassin_M
08-12-2012, 05:44 PM
28-30 years depending on his date of birth.
AND... whether or not it means 30 years AFTER or SINCE his Birth..

dxsxhxcx
08-12-2012, 09:00 PM

I see that as a gameplay improvement instead of weakness, IMO the way they dealt with this in ACR was better than the other games and made it look more realistic that way...

I wonder what kind of EV/S "improvements" they have in store for us in AC3, I hope they replaced the ability to see the entire guards path with something similar to the detective mode we have on Batman Arkham A/C, I can see a mode like this making hunting much more fun and challenging instead of just give us the entire path of our prey/target with a simple press of a button..

tarrero
08-12-2012, 10:21 PM
A little question, did Nikolay have Eagle vision?

Slayer_WTF
08-12-2012, 10:40 PM
A little question, did Nikolay have Eagle vision?

The Eye of the Eagle is exclusive to those who came before and their descendants, so no.. :p

twenty_glyphs
08-12-2012, 11:03 PM

Many people, myself included, felt that it was strange and different in Revelations. Eagle Vision was very different from AC1 to AC2, but it didn't feel strange to me in AC2; it felt like a big improvement. Unfortunately, AC2's Eagle Vision is still my favorite of the series. Brotherhood's was almost the same, but it was a little too dark to see things that weren't highlighted well. In Revelations, the change of camera angle just felt weird, and the cursor on the screen was awkward and was part of a pretty boring, useless mechanic in my opinion. The color scheme was also not as nice or useful in Revelations' version, with the highlighted objects not looking as nice or obvious, and things like hiding spots no longer being highlighted.

They've mentioned that Connor will have some sort of Eagle Vision or Sense, but they have been intentionally quiet about it. It really makes me wonder what kinds of gameplay improvements that system will have. I hope it's as nice as the jump from AC1 to AC2.

DarkSolitude-X
08-13-2012, 10:32 AM
I liked eagle sense over eagle vision myself...just putting that out there.

Acrimonious_Nin
08-13-2012, 07:59 PM
I did not like the fact that you could not walk and trigger eagle sense at the same time. In ac2 and ac:b you could....clicking the left stick was also a pain. I hope it's an easier transition this time around.

GLHS
08-13-2012, 08:09 PM
At least you could run around with it activated though. Better than Altair's in AC1 when you had to stand still every time.

AssassinGame1
08-13-2012, 08:22 PM
It's probably there but I'm a little scared since we haven't seen any footage of it so far. I hope they haven't scrapped it :O

Yeah, I really want the Eagle Vision back

UncappedWheel82
01-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Here's hoping that Eagle sense makes it's return in AC3 part 2...

TheHumanTowel
01-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Here's hoping that Eagle sense makes it's return in AC3 part 2...
Nooooooooooooooooooooo Eagle Vision is just fine the way it is. Eagle sense made the camera control weird and gave you too much information about guard paths.