PDA

View Full Version : Targets Only Kills

Rogue Agent 035
08-12-2012, 02:07 AM
I've been examining all trailers an "Walkthroughs" up ta this point, an there has been a question that's been buggin me actually since ACB an thought I'd throw it out an see what I recieve. An that question is: given the new stealth/social stealth mechanics that has been announced... would or could it be possible to eliminate the target only an either sneak past er overlook them all together. Granted that may take some of the fun outta expirementing an trial/error, but have wondered this fer awhile.

Thanks in advance.....

Rogue Agent 035

InfamousQ1987
08-12-2012, 02:16 AM
It has been stated that you can go through the game only killing your target. I wouldnt be able to find the link (phone sucks ) I would hope we can at least sneak behind an enemy and put them in a sleeper hold, instead of snap their necks.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2012, 02:53 AM
It has been stated that you can go through the game only killing your target. I wouldnt be able to find the link (phone sucks ) I would hope we can at least sneak behind an enemy and put them in a sleeper hold, instead of snap their necks.

That's what he does in the Boston demo. He jumps out of cover and chokes out the guard, but doesn't kill him.

InfamousQ1987
08-12-2012, 06:23 AM
That's what he does in the Boston demo. He jumps out of cover and chokes out the guard, but doesn't kill him.

I meant that if there is an unsuspecting guard walking his path, would you be able to sneak behind him (like Arkham City) and take them down non-lethally

Locopells
08-12-2012, 10:13 AM
It'd be kinda nice if we could get in avoiding guards altogether. They could make it so that it takes more work, so as not to make the game too easy, but still...

arkangelyou
08-12-2012, 12:01 PM
It'd be kinda nice if we could get in avoiding guards altogether. They could make it so that it takes more work, so as not to make the game too easy, but still...

Didn't they say somewhere in the Frontier demo commentated walkthrough that there were 3 different 'paths' to complete the mission, i.e. Stealth path, direct path, etc.
Found the link, he talks about it at around 5:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWXR1Foxseo

Hopefully most missions will feature a stealth option like this as well.

Legendz54
08-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Didn't they say somewhere in the Frontier demo commentated walkthrough that there were 3 different 'paths' to complete the mission, i.e. Stealth path, direct path, etc.
Found the link, he talks about it at around 5:30.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWXR1Foxseo

Hopefully most missions will feature a stealth option like this as well.

One of the alternative paths was to wait for the Bluecoats to bust down the front door and go head on inside and kill Silas.

arkangelyou
08-12-2012, 01:25 PM
One of the alternative paths was to wait for the Bluecoats to bust down the front door and go head on inside and kill Silas.

Cool. I'll probably replay all the missions and do all the paths lol XD

pacmanate
08-12-2012, 01:46 PM
They said they wanted Connor to have a non lethal arsenal as well. As shown above he puts that guard to sleep. So yes you can also go through the whole game with just killing your targets. But thats no fun :P

younas456
08-12-2012, 01:53 PM
i'm wondering if we finally will be able to kill our MAIN-targets witout being discoved. Which Malik says in ACI, he explains that every templar in the city is after alta´r and he don't do the job as a traditionally assassin..

Assassin_M
08-12-2012, 02:03 PM
i'm wondering if we finally will be able to kill our MAIN-targets witout being discoved. Which Malik says in ACI, he explains that every templar in the city is after alta´r and he don't do the job as a traditionally assassin..
An Assassin also makes sure his work is seen by the many.

LoyalACFan
08-12-2012, 02:17 PM

Exactly. To send a message.

Slayer_WTF
08-12-2012, 02:41 PM

Depends on the case. If you find enemies against 10000 I doubt it's reassuring to see him. For now, the formula is: kill the target and run by hundreds of pissed off guards. Should not necessarily give the show.

Rogue Agent 035
08-12-2012, 03:14 PM
Exactly. To send a message.

As the old saying goes, "The Anticipation of death is far worse then death itself" Thanks guys/gals..., wow I never imagined I'd get this type a response an informative at that. An to those who say target only kills are less fun, I agree with that to an extent, but being a Hitman Series fan, I enjoy the challenge of finding ways to leave no trace, but still complete the objective at hand. :D

FilipinoNinja67
08-13-2012, 03:18 PM
^ then you should pick up splinter cell if you haven't already.. just don't pick up conviction... Ever.

I'm excited to take on the challenge of killing only my targets or ghosting through it as much as I can.

Rogue Agent 035
08-13-2012, 08:29 PM
^ then you should pick up splinter cell if you haven't already.. just don't pick up conviction... Ever.

I'm excited to take on the challenge of killing only my targets or ghosting through it as much as I can.

Yeah, big fan of the SC franchise as well, though I've only went through Conviction since transfering from the PC gaming relm. An yer right, Conviction's storyline was too action based, but on the plus since the Deniable Ops balanced it out to a point with it's stealth gameplay in certain maps (i.e. Lumber Mill & Printing Press) I just hope BL has longer story based missions as well as AC3. :cool: