PDA

View Full Version : Trouble trimming - bf109 for a start

Ed_the_sock
01-09-2004, 03:28 PM
After playing Il2 (and fb) since beta, I thought I was time to give trimming the aircraft a go. It seems to work ( all 3 axis) for the p39 and p51, but couldn't make it work for the 109.

I did a little search and came up with conflicting views on whether all aircraft (in reality) are trimmed in 3 axis, whether it's modelled ingame, or whether cockpit dials are bugged.

So are all aircraft ingame trimmable - do all the relavent cockpit dials work ? My manual/pamphlet has long since disappeared so I can't look in their.

I'm interested in all aircraft cause when you play online you never know what you'll end up flying.

TIA for any replies.

Ed_the_sock
01-09-2004, 03:28 PM
After playing Il2 (and fb) since beta, I thought I was time to give trimming the aircraft a go. It seems to work ( all 3 axis) for the p39 and p51, but couldn't make it work for the 109.

I did a little search and came up with conflicting views on whether all aircraft (in reality) are trimmed in 3 axis, whether it's modelled ingame, or whether cockpit dials are bugged.

So are all aircraft ingame trimmable - do all the relavent cockpit dials work ? My manual/pamphlet has long since disappeared so I can't look in their.

I'm interested in all aircraft cause when you play online you never know what you'll end up flying.

TIA for any replies.

cuski
01-09-2004, 03:38 PM
The Me109 had only elevator trim.

jazman777
01-09-2004, 04:41 PM
And some of the Russian craft don't have aileron trim (while they do have that trim-tab-lookin' thingie out there, but it's not really a trim tab).

---
Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under - H. L. Mencken