PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions about the Amazon preorder

LoyalACFan
08-10-2012, 09:04 PM
1. Do we really have any information about that boarding axe? Is it going to be a huge thing like the axes the Scotsmen carry, or does it replace the tomahawk?

2. If you have any experience with ordering games from Amazon, do they typically deliver on the day of release? I dunno if I could wait a day longer :p

Requiscent
08-10-2012, 09:39 PM
From my understanding the boarding axe is very similar to the tomahawk, my hope is that it will possible to dual wield it with the tomahawk. As for the second question, I've never had a problem with them so yes, however you have to select a certain shipping speed if you want to get it on the day it releases.

Steww-
08-10-2012, 09:41 PM
To add to Ruquiscent's post above, a quote from the ever-reliable wikipedia:
"The metal tomahawk heads were originally based on a Royal Navy boarding axe and used as a trade-item with Native Americans for food and other provisions."

LoyalACFan
08-11-2012, 01:35 AM
OK, thanks guys. Not sure I'm interested in the boarding axe then (I'll probably use the Assassin tomahawk for most of the game, it's just too awesome) but that Captain skin is still catching my eye. I'll probably order from Amazon anyway.