PDA

View Full Version : Cheating . . . Seriously?????

Fenryc
08-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Being very new to the gaming community, I was quite shocked at the amount of cheating that occurs during online play. In the course of several games I have seen invisible immortal gods running among the sheep killing at will or slithering on the ground like a fast moving cobra and let's not forget the endless supply of ammo and grenades that keep us all pinned in our spawn camp while the opposing team captures all the objectives.

Now just because I am shocked, it doesn't mean I didn't expect cheating. I don't live is some far off Narnia where cheating never occurs, nor am I so disillusioned that I think this post will make you cheaters (and you know who you are) pause and think "Gee, I have been wrong . . . I think I'll play fair from now on". Experience has taught me that people like you generally have no moral compass to steer by and you normally cheat your way through life . Either, (1) you are afraid to fail so you can't play fair; (2) your self-esteem is so limited in real life that you have to cheat to feel like the god you wish you were or; (3) you are just a jerk . . . you choose.

In the end, we all want the same thing . . . to have fun. Our idea of fun is pitting ourselves against each other and using our skill to play. You idea of fun is modding yourself to god-like status running around racking up kills and ruining everyone elses fun . . . I get that. What I don't get is how you can enjoy just walking around killing everything that moves without any potential for surprise or challenge. It must get very lonely on Mount Olympus with all the other gods.

So in the interest of fairness I can make a couple of suggestions which will make the game fun for everyone:

1. IT'S OKAY TO FAIL. If you truly want to challenge yourself and enjoy the thrill of achieving an honest score, renounce your god-like status and join the rest of us mere mortals in online combat. Yes, you may die and have to respawn with the rest of us schmuks, but there is some satisfaction in the thrill of having to do it again and learning from your mistakes. Maybe you won't achieve a gazillion XPs in each game, but what achieve will be yours and reflective of your true skill.

2. I GET IT . . . YOU WANT TO BE A JERK. I don't hold that against you. So why don't you all friend each other and you can have private matches on Mount Olympus where you wander around and shoot each other (without killing) and hurl endless supply of grenades for all of eterninty. Us mortals will look up and say . . . "Ah the gods are angry again, glad I am not there" . . . then we'll go back to playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

Fen

ArmedSauce
08-10-2012, 10:49 AM
they don't cheat because they suck (although most of them do actually suck at the game compared to competent legit players) they mostly do it because they are attention seeking brats and want to get a rise out of you.

I tried figuring out why people cheat so blatantly back in APB: reloaded, and I ultimately couldn't. I did find that most of the cheaters I encountered were most likely 10 years old and have no concept of what right or wrong is, and if they did they just don't care cuz they're kids.

John-Honey2012
08-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Most things happened are no cheat, some of them are awared hardware failures that no one can identify because the hardware is manipulated ( killed some poceessing commands to make walls invisible ) by a crash or somewhat ( I got these temps on another computer what I dont use for gaming, for show how easy manipulatingng data is ) there is no cheating it is a fault. Others are unlimited ammo .... you got 2 ammo packs if you chose where you can get about five times Ammo ( so ten times ) if you have more than one carrieres you can multiply with the refresh of a revive, too

and be marked on one thing .... this is an tactical shooter not a sandbox you will be killed a thousend times or more if you want, it is not the intention of the game to do not kill your avatar

Compassghost
08-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Most things happened are no cheat, some of them are awared hardware failures that no one can identify because the hardware is manipulated ( killed some poceessing commands to make walls invisible ) by a crash or somewhat ( I got these temps on another computer what I dont use for gaming, for show how easy manipulatingng data is ) there is no cheating it is a fault. Others are unlimited ammo .... you got 2 ammo packs if you chose where you can get about five times Ammo ( so ten times ) if you have more than one carrieres you can multiply with the refresh of a revive, too

and be marked on one thing .... this is an tactical shooter not a sandbox you will be killed a thousend times or more if you want, it is not the intention of the game to do not kill your avatar

I'm pretty sure infinite camera sensors, infinite grenade launcher rounds without reloading, and infinite shotgun shots without reloading are cheating.

John-Honey2012
08-10-2012, 04:10 PM
How you can suggest in a game for 10 or five minutes

John-Honey2012
08-10-2012, 04:13 PM
by the way : punkbuster is paid for solve this problem by themselfes, not by using request of weird people

Compassghost
08-10-2012, 04:16 PM
I sent you the videos of two cheaters I caught. It's VERY obvious.

Beylous
08-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Dude....you had me at "Narnia", lol.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/377849_10151109476255167_157104133_n.jpg

Red7rum7
08-10-2012, 05:33 PM
The best part about cheating is that ubisoft doesnt care

John-Honey2012
08-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I can send you a thousend Killcam vids where the people shoot some feet aside and kill me with it ..... its not a trusted thing it is a lag and the lag is on the Hardware Network too yesterday a truck come on screen five Minutes after the game starts

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Hi guys, please see the post here which explains how to report cheaters http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/704133-Anti-Cheat-PunkBuster-and-how-to-report-cheats

Please note: we opperate a strict no naming and shaming rule as per the forum rules.

Fenryc
08-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Hello,

My apologies. My intent was not to name or shame anyone with this post. I merely wanted to give people options should they feel need to cheat . . . I did not point any particular person out but the group as a total . . . They know who they are so I don't have to name or shame. Once again my apologies.

Fen

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi Fen, I know it was a pre-warning as usually threads like these turn into naming and shaming. Feel free to discuss without naming and shaming.

The_3mpty
08-11-2012, 01:40 PM
I can send you a thousend Killcam vids where the people shoot some feet aside and kill me with it ..... its not a trusted thing it is a lag and the lag is on the Hardware Network too yesterday a truck come on screen five Minutes after the game starts

I'm not sure I understood you well. But hardware lag = slow performance, it is really easy to see when your comp is having issues with a game, or when is it network related, lag is always network related, the killcam... hehe never try proving your point with it, I have a feeling that what we see and what the server we play on "see" is different hence the funny killcams.
And yeah I don't really know what you mean when you talk about manipulated hardware, if you by chance meant that they (cheaters) use a modified ini file, then first it is not hardware , secound that is cheating.

Fenryc
08-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Beylous,

Glad I could give a fellow Canadian a good laugh. However, I guess I breached an ethical hurdle by talking about cheaters on the forum. Go figure, everyone is free to **** "noobs" at random. Being a noob myself, I read posts about how we are morons, useless and whole variety of names, yet no kickback from the forum police on that. Heaven forbid I post a generic statement about cheaters less I offend their sensibilities. So I have done the right thing and apologized to those whose feelings I may have hurt and will speak no more of it. Perhaps Narnia is a good place to be afterall.

Cheers and hope to see you around the game.

Fen

Fenryc
08-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Thanks much. Once again sorry about a potenial frag of a post.

Fen

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-11-2012, 01:44 PM
Go figure, everyone is free to **** "noobs" at random. Being a noob myself, I read posts about how we are morons, useless and whole variety of names, yet no kickback from the forum police on that.

Please use the report button, it is possible moderators have missed these due to the amount of posts. These are definitely against the forum rules and will be dealt with.

Fenryc
08-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Will do . . . wasn't sure if this was the case. I don't normally see this on the PC site but it is quite rampant on the console site.

Cheers

Fen

jedix7head
08-11-2012, 02:34 PM

I have killcams that people shooting at nothing and giving me headshots, but that seriously has nothing to do with cheating. For the fact that all games have "player-host," there will have no improvement until they let people pick their own servers.

one9-delta
08-13-2012, 09:16 AM

Are you just ignorant or just a troll because if you read the forums then you would know that the kill cam is not accurate. When you video someone dropping 4 sentry guns on right after another one that is not lag because all for are shooting in different directions or when someone uses the smoke grenade launcher and fills the map with smoke as he moves from point A to the objective that is not a bad killcam. Better yet when you tell the cheater he/she is hacking and they stand in front of you and toss 50 sensor grenades at you to say they dont care; then that is not a killcam issue. yah im pretty sure we the legitimate players know what a hackers is vs a laggy player.

EvilPixieGrrr
08-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Are you just ignorant or just a troll because if you read the forums then you would know that the kill cam is not accurate. When you video someone dropping 4 sentry guns on right after another one that is not lag because all for are shooting in different directions or when someone uses the smoke grenade launcher and fills the map with smoke as he moves from point A to the objective that is not a bad killcam. Better yet when you tell the cheater he/she is hacking and they stand in front of you and toss 50 sensor grenades at you to say they dont care; then that is not a killcam issue. yah im pretty sure we the legitimate players know what a hackers is vs a laggy player.

Let's remain civil, please.

Methes
09-06-2012, 03:43 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xscm8m_ghost-recon-future-soldier-multihack-wallhack-god-mode-2012-new-pc-xbox360_videogames

5 sec that much time i need to find this Video.

smed07
09-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Just came out of a game and Ameyk63k was using infinite GL's like we've seen in this game before by other cheaters. Video is on the way.

John-Honey2012
09-07-2012, 01:01 PM
Cool, but it is only a gamelag ( http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsc...360_videogames ) and the videodownload with all the big comercials lags too ( did you get money for the comercials ? ) Ubisoft taking money from charging some internetguys who have enough money to pay some hackers as Ubisoft -managers .... no game still works not on playstation not on XBOX360 not on PC and the internet has a quality rate under 5% Charge on Punkbuster, the only thing they tell the guy : "change name, you can get a Job as It engineer if you can do this lags by own will, because it brings big money for selling solutions that are no solution".

Banicks
09-07-2012, 03:47 PM
The game was released broken. People want to muck around with it ergo cheating etc, and they don't care if they get banned. GRFS is a POS DOA.