PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 - Poison

Slayer_WTF
08-09-2012, 01:13 PM
I was wondering: since the mechanism is less complex blade Connor, there is the poison? Or maybe can be used by some systems?

MasterAssasin84
08-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Well from what Alex Hutchinson said during the Narative of the Boston Demo , they set a rule that they would not include any weapons from previous games other than the hidden blade , and going by Connors Character reveal video it doesnt look like its going to be included.

I did like the idea of the poison blade from AC2 but i found that Ezio's weaponary became a bit too much during revalations ao i am guessing that ubisoft dont want to make the same mistake with Connor as they want to take the game back to its pure and best form.

nightcobra
08-09-2012, 02:19 PM
i remember them saying that they also want to cater to the fantasy of being able to use non-lethal methods and not kill anyone except your target and that the poison was a skill that they felt bad using so they're implementing a non-lethal drug that has the same effect as the poison making the victim flail their weapons around uncontrollably and then knocking them out instead of killing them.

this was either at comic-con or in the interview article on the playstation magazine.

Locopells
08-09-2012, 05:01 PM
If not in the blade, then maybe darts/blow darts and the like.

dxsxhxcx
08-09-2012, 05:09 PM
if I'm not wrong I saw a concept art of Aveline using a blowgun, maybe Connor will have the same weapon

LoyalACFan
08-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Well from what Alex Hutchinson said during the Narative of the Boston Demo , they set a rule that they would not include any weapons from previous games other than the hidden blade , and going by Connors Character reveal video it doesnt look like its going to be included.

That's not what he said at all. He said they didn't want to include things from previous entries just for the sake of it. He said they were reexamining everything from previous installments and removing what they felt wasn't relevant to their game and time period. Not that they were scrapping all of Ezio's weapons except the hidden blade.

FirestarLuva
08-09-2012, 09:01 PM
The poison in AC3 will be replaced by a narcotic knockout drug.
Read this: http://imgur.com/e6n5o,ifDhA,Tun0g,CXTHZ,ngYtH,VByvP,xRSU8,Yh02q,Qu 21s,VDcJ3#7

nightcobra
08-09-2012, 09:03 PM
The poison in AC3 will be replaced by a narcotic knockout drug.
Read this: http://imgur.com/e6n5o,ifDhA,Tun0g,CXTHZ,ngYtH,VByvP,xRSU8,Yh02q,Qu 21s,VDcJ3#7

so it was in the magazine interview, glad my memory didn't fail me:p