PDA

View Full Version : Anyone at Ubisoft - Please Respond

Fenryc
08-08-2012, 01:17 AM
Connection to server lost . . .

Seriously, is this an issue that is going to be fixed?

I think the game is great when it works. However, I have to be honest, when I try 50 times to get a connection and then play 80% of that game only to loose the connection as well as my XPs and hard work not to mention letting down the team I was playing with . . . I have to ask, are you taking what your customer base is saying seriously or not? Except for a few responses to other posts which provide little information, you seem to have gone silent on this. This does not bolster my confidence in the issue being resolved. Lack of information always leads to disinformation, upset customers, poor ratings and bad reviews. I am assuming this is not your intention?

I consider myself a patient person and will wait if you say . . . UREEKA!! we have the magic bullet to fix it and the patch is on its way to you soon. However, if this is not the case could you please be honest with us and admit the problem will continue so we can move on with something else. I really enjoy online gaming and I don't want to waste a lot of time if you can't fix this.

Sorry for being so blunt. Your campaign game was great and the graphics were excellent. I am just disappointed that after a month you still have not rectified this MP problem for your customers.

Regards

Fen

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi, Title Update 1.4 is coming soon you may find this will solve this issue. Until then please see this thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/694898-Hot-Fix-for-online

Ubi_Antoine
08-08-2012, 12:46 PM
TU 1.4 will indeed address disconnection issues.

defessus
08-15-2012, 11:13 AM

Yeah right.... try again....

GA_Sara
08-15-2012, 11:14 AM
tu 1.4 will indeed address disconnection issues.

lol

StinkinLumberja
08-15-2012, 11:35 AM

YES, 1,4 made it worse......FAIL

Alcatraz1337
08-15-2012, 12:08 PM
lol
Maybe he meant that TU 1.4 will add even more disconnection issues.

GA_Sara
08-18-2012, 08:59 AM

Bah, Antoine knows about this game as much as mods, you or I. They are all kept in dark just as any of us and are simply here to put out the fires on the forums, post the links to nowhere and tell us not to bump the posts. I don't find them helpful in anyway and what they say to us I don't take seriously at all. Just look at poor Antoine with all the lies he told us,...that's just the position Ubisoft management and dev's put him in, not his fault really. he just repeats what they tell him, and probably has his fingers crossed when he passes it on knowing fully well that it may be just another lie. His job is actually really hard, he is supposed to work with the community by being in front lines and used as meat shield by Ubisoft management. I don't envy him.

The only useful info on these forums is all the workarounds gamers come up with to get this failed game working for some at least. Pity some useless,brainless people that should never be employed in the field they are in actually get paid for it.

StalkingGhost
08-18-2012, 09:16 AM

:D

Nexolate
08-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Text.

First off, community developers are just that; developers who are involved with the community. See here:

When it comes to information relating to the teams we work in (Adversarial for me, Campaign/Guerrilla for Antoine), we're as "in the know" as most everyone else. I work in proximity with the GRFS Live team at Red Storm, participate in the daily discussions, and am constantly providing feedback and updates from the community to the team. It is very important to the studio (and to me of course!) that the community interest is represented in discussions surrounding the game.

Secondly, it's not the mods job to help you with problems for your game. The hint's in the title, "moderator", they're here to moderate the forums and pass on info. If you're looking for someone who has a list of problems and possible solutions, that's technical support. Whether those staff are competent or not is a different matter.

Third, you're naive to think that these people are trying to lie to or otherwise trick you. If this were the case, they would simply have not bothered updating the game and left it in its release state. The recent 1.4 patch did not fix everyone's problems (no duh, the idea of a "miracle" patch is often a pipe dream) but it did help some users with their problems. I, for one, experienced an improved framerate and had several graphical glitches fixed. Several other users also reported problems being resolved.

I'm sorry that you're still having problems with the game, but that's no reason to start attacking people.

Regards,
Nexo

GA_Sara
08-18-2012, 09:39 AM
First off, community developers are just that; developers who are involved with the community. See here:

Secondly, it's not the mods job to help you with problems for your game. The hint's in the title, "moderator", they're here to moderate the forums and pass on info. If you're looking for someone who has a list of problems and possible solutions, that's technical support. Whether those staff are competent or not is a different matter.

Third, you're naive to think that these people are trying to lie to or otherwise trick you. If this were the case, they would simply have not bothered updating the game and left it in its release state. The recent 1.4 patch did not fix everyone's problems (no duh, the idea of a "miracle" patch is often a pipe dream) but it did help some users with their problems. I, for one, experienced an improved framerate and had several graphical glitches fixed. Several other users also reported problems being resolved.

I'm sorry that you're still having problems with the game, but that's no reason to start attacking people.

Regards,
Nexo

Yea thanks for that insightful information. The point was that Antoine is there to provide the feedback from us to devs and provide the info from devs to us and all he does is exactly that. Passes on whole lot of bs to this end at the request of those he works with. I am not naive to think otherwise or to think he loves to lie to us.

I am not asking mods to help me, an idiot would know that they can't. I was simply stating that they can't because they know no more than you or I. When I said I don't find mods helpful I was referring to never ending links to things that don't help and how irritating it is when all we want is a link to a working game.

Anyway, I am not having problems with the game because I ditched it and don't play it at all, I know when to cut my losses, what I do have a problem with is thieves and that's all Ubisoft is. That doesn't relate to mods or Antoine coz as I said they are in a horrible position as it is.

Regards,
Sara

GA_Sara
08-18-2012, 09:51 AM
By the way Nex, I am glad that the patch improved things for you. I was the one of the lucky ones to start with and had no issues with the game in the beginning, but since 1.3 all I had was problems. And while I still say that this game had great potential and I am really happy for those who get to play it, those that couldn't when I could, and all of us that now can't, have the right to be angry about it.

I can see your calming posts all over the forums but people are mad and rightfully so. I am not mad at mods or community developers, I am mad at Ubisoft and those mods and Antoine are my vessel to dev's ears. My posts are simply my feedback to this failed team of developers.

Nexolate
08-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Text.

Antoine doesn't pass anything on from the devs, he is a dev. It's not as if he's some sort of messenger there to pass on lies. He works with the team and probably just like them, hopes that the patches and information he's releasing helps as many people as possible. I don't want to speak on his behalf, that's just what I would assume.

Secondly, I'm not really sure what you're expecting from the mods? You say they're not helpful and that you don't take them seriously, then you say that you don't want them to help you. They can only do their job, which is to pass on information. If they pass you a link, they're hoping that it helps. If it doesn't, they're probably expecting feedback so they can then report that issue to the developers.

Finally, why are you even here then? You're trying to fight some crusade against a band of thieves? Again, you'd be naive to think that they're just trying to rip you off. If they were, then as I said before, they wouldn't even bother supporting this game (which already only has under 1000 players daily). They'd simply whisk the development teams off to their next cash cow project.

Regards,
Nexo

EDIT: No offense meant.

Dwarfii
08-18-2012, 09:57 AM
I really do think that Ghost Recon lovers will never purchase a new GRFS release again. Ubisoft should be so embarrassed by the amount of upheaval this game as caused. What really makes it laughable is the fact that they had so long to try and produce a classic game. Needless to say, if failure was measured in Mountains, this would be Everest.

GA_Sara
08-18-2012, 10:04 AM
Antoine doesn't pass anything on from the devs, he is a dev. It's not as if he's some sort of messenger there to pass on lies. He works with the team and probably just like them, hopes that the patches and information he's releasing helps as many people as possible. I don't want to speak on his behalf, that's just what I would assume.

Secondly, I'm not really sure what you're expecting from the mods? You say they're not helpful and that you don't take them seriously, then you say that you don't want them to help you. They can only do their job, which is to pass on information. If they pass you a link, they're hoping that it helps. If it doesn't, they're probably expecting feedback so they can then report that issue to the developers.

Finally, why are you even here then? You're trying to fight some crusade against a band of thieves? Again, you'd be naive to think that they're just trying to rip you off. If they were, then as I said before, they wouldn't even bother supporting this game (which already only has under 1000 players daily). They'd simply whisk the development teams off to their next cash cow project.

Regards,
Nexo

He does pass on the info about the patches, what they are supposed to fix etc therefor he does pass on the info that in this case turned out not to be true for most of us. As I said I don't expect or want help from mods, I find their links irritating but at the same time feel really sorry for all of them, as I said numerous times.

I am a gamer that expects to play the game I paid for. That's all. Why am I here? Because someone stole my money and got away with it. Simple.

And at the end of the day I don't owe you any explanation so I am going to stop explaining my self. You are happy, I am not. That's all there is to it.

EDIT: No offense meant or taken.

Mr_Shade
08-18-2012, 02:01 PM
If people are still having issues - post patch - as well as reporting the problem here, you should also be using support..

I know many of you don't think it's any good talking to support -this is wrong - they do play a vital role in collating information about your setup, issues and ISP and they pass this along to the Dev Team.

Support are able to track the issues a lot better than when people post on the forums - they can identify issues in your dixdiag and internet setup - much better than we can on the forum.

If they are not able to solve the issue, they are able to pin point how many people are affected by the same problem - Support tickets go a long way towards helping to prioritise the main issues in the game, I know some of you will say ' they just need to look at the forum' - however we don't always get the information we need to lock a post to a certain issue, you all will have seen 'OMG THIS GAME SUX' - without a reason why.. or it turns out they don't like the balance of a gun.. in a thread about connection issues..

Support are there to be used, but if you guys don't use them, it takes longer to get things moving.

That's not to say that a lot of things / fixes are not picked up on the forums, they are, however please make sure you are using Support as well - this will back up the reports that the FM's and Com Devs send in.. they have solid numbers of support contacts to show the team - and then they know what the real issues are!

GA_Sara
08-23-2012, 02:16 PM
We all saw how well the issues were tracked when 1.3 and 1.4 patch came out and fixed nothing. Maybe better solution would be not to play this game and never buy another from Ubisoft? Game developers don't need customer service support to take inquires from customers when they can't even develop a game with a working mouse and keyboard to start with, they need a new job and we need a new game.

Btw it's a bit hard to use someone who tells you they can't help you right now, but are working on it and then randomly close your ticket because there was no response from the other end. We have as much faith in support as we do in developers of this game. None.

EvilPixieGrrr
08-25-2012, 02:16 AM
We all saw how well the issues were tracked when 1.3 and 1.4 patch came out and fixed nothing. Maybe better solution would be not to play this game and never buy another from Ubisoft? Game developers don't need customer service support to take inquires from customers when they can't even develop a game with a working mouse and keyboard to start with, they need a new job and we need a new game.

Btw it's a bit hard to use someone who tells you they can't help you right now, but are working on it and then randomly close your ticket because there was no response from the other end. We have as much faith in support as we do in developers of this game. None.

I understand that it's a frustration, but as you can imagine, Support is getting a large amount of calls regarding GRFS PC. The Forum Managers report problems to the team regularly; however, you're not doing yourselves any favors by refusing to contact them.

Please contact me via PM if you have continued frustration with Support and include your incident reference number and whether you're in the USA or EMEA. I'll do what I can to help you.

Thanks.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Technical Support not only diagnose problems but also collect data on the amount of people they are affecting. This is why it is so important to contact them. This data then goes towards creating patches and server maintenance like this http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/710187-August-23rd-Servers-Maintenance-amp-Respec-Tokens

We are aware of the bugs, hence the bug threads and are regularly updating the developers with feedback from the forums, but this doesn't give them an idea of the amount of people as a lot do not communicate their issues on the forums or submit tickets with support.

This is why when you have an issue we urge you to contact Technical Support, even if they are known issues, not only that but the issue you may be having although similar may be caused by something different to others.

GA_Sara
08-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Hey Snoop :),

yes we are supposed to contact support with everything as it seems. I have played number of games in my time of gaming and never did I actually have to contact support for any of them. Few minor bugs that people found workarounds for or patches fixed before I could even post to ask a question. That's how it should be. Instead we got ripped off and they keep carrying on about contacting the support so they can collect the data.

By the way, connection issues should have been fixed in 1.4. Antoine said in one of the posts and I quote " TU 1.4 will indeed address disconnection issues. " Here is the link http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/704665-Anyone-at-Ubisoft-Please-Respond?p=8527849#post8527849 So people held onto this as they would only to find that it broke the game further.

I will seriously never buy or play another Ubi game even if it's free to play, I refuse to support them in any way. I will troll these forums every time I wait for my nail polish to dry or I am simply bored coz I feel they owe me, money they stole as well all the frustrations they inflicted.

Dear Mush,

collecting data is what should have been done before the game was released. Testing of different PC configs and considering all the factors should have been done before Ubisoft stole the money from us. Giving support feedback for the few bugs games encounter when they are released is one thing. Fixing the game Ubisoft has made us pay for is quite another. You have developers that got paid big time to make this game playable. Instead we got the game that never worked, with console controls over the screen, keyboard and mouse not supported. 3 patches later and 3 months on the game is still not working. You can not call the developers anything but incompetent. Insulting? I don't care, it's the truth. Shut me up if you need to. We are not here to do anyone's job. We want to buy the game, yes buy it, not pirate it, and we want to be able to jump on, play few games and go on with our life.

No one is responsible, no one made accountable and Ubisoft walked away with all our money. No apology, no refunds, no compensation for our troubles, nothing. That's some crappy way of treating the customers. So you want to tell me they care again? They are working hard? They value us pirate customers? Seriously all of you get off it. It is ridiculous, downright annoying and disrespectful. Insulting intelligence of so many people day in and day out. And you would like us to also take some time out to troubleshoot this broken game with people that get paid to do it whilst we get nada? Get them to go back to devs and ask them to produce the game that actually works instead.

Blah, so frikken annoying.

Meior
08-26-2012, 03:09 PM
+1 on Sara. Great words, very well written.

I understand that it's a frustration, but as you can imagine, Support is getting a large amount of calls regarding GRFS PC. The Forum Managers report problems to the team regularly; however, you're not doing yourselves any favors by refusing to contact them.

Please contact me via PM if you have continued frustration with Support and include your incident reference number and whether you're in the USA or EMEA. I'll do what I can to help you.

Thanks.
To be fair here, you've been saying the same to me, and I've been in PM contact (One-way, since I only get a reply when I ask specifically if there are any news), for a month and a half. I didn't ask for a full diagnose and a solution on day one, but I expect some kind of result.

So far, it has given me nothing, my GRN-unlocks still wont transfer to the game, and I have gotten no update whatsoever from you. I'm sorry, but it doesn't feel like the promises of help are worth anything anymore.

MrSoulflyTribe
08-26-2012, 09:07 PM
All lies,Ubisoft you suck so bad. My game hasnt changed since patch it still loses connection,Im so ****** frustrated trying to play a game I love and it doesnt work,how about you pull your fingers out of your rectums and sort the issue before you start making a song and dance about 1.5 or extra content!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1.4 did nothing.Its so hard to type this without use curse words.Ubisoft please sort youselves out!!!!