PDA

View Full Version : New to the series

FlueKnae
08-08-2012, 01:14 AM
Hey guys!
I've only tried some of the Assassin's creed games at my friends' places, so you could say that i'm new to the series.
My question is, if I can simply begin from the third or fourth game and still get a great experience out of it, or if i ought to start from the very first game
in order be able to understand the story in the games after the first? :)
Thanks for the answers / opinions in advance! :D

/FlueKnae

TheFrontLine
08-08-2012, 01:18 AM
You won't be able to fully understand the story if you start from the 'third or fourth game'. I recommend starting from the first game to fully understand the 'Desmond' storyline. If you only care about the 'Memory/Assassin' story, which I don't think is a good idea, start from the second one as the third and fourth installments are basically continuing the main Assassin from ACII's story. The fourth, Revelations, is a mixture of both ACI and ACII's Assassins' story, but mostly ACII's.

Still, I highly suggest you start from the first Assassin's Creed.

LoyalACFan
08-08-2012, 01:19 AM
I've seen a lot of people asking this, and the general consensus seems to be that you need to start at AC2. It's arguably the best one, and it recaps the events of the AC1, which basically just introduced you to the general idea of the Assassin vs. Templar plot. The first game was good at its core, but its missions were really repetitive and it has aged badly. Just don't jump in at Brotherhood or Revelations, since the story revolves around the Assassin who was introduced in AC2.

FlueKnae
08-08-2012, 01:20 AM
Thanks, nice with an extra opinion :) So the first of the games, the one from 2007, is ok to skip or?

LoyalACFan
08-08-2012, 01:22 AM
Thanks, nice with an extra opinion :) So the first of the games, the one from 2007, is ok to skip or?

It would give you a better understanding of the Assassin's universe as a whole, but yes, you should be fine to skip it and not miss anything huge.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-08-2012, 01:52 AM
Thanks, nice with an extra opinion :) So the first of the games, the one from 2007, is ok to skip or?It's not really 100% ok, but since it's just 1 game worth of story, you may just read up its Wikipedia entry and/or watch the video recap at the beginning of AC2 and you will be fine. But starting from later games (AC Broderhood or AC Revelations) would be just unwise IMO. So yeah, start at least from AC2.

I've seen a lot of people asking this
Like I said in the other thread, the E3 of AC3 presentation made a lot of people want to jump into the series :)

LoyalACFan
08-08-2012, 03:18 AM
Like I said in the other thread, the E3 of AC3 presentation made a lot of people want to jump into the series :)

Yeah, Ubi really killed it this year. Screw Sony vs. Microsoft, UBISOFT won E3.