PDA

View Full Version : AC3 will have been made over 3 years?

pacmanate
08-07-2012, 08:09 PM
This video says otherwise. At 1:04 "It's been 3 years working on the game, since Jan 2010". Either Alex can't count or.... Eh, I'm not really bothered but just something I picked up. That would mean by the time AC3 is shipped on the release month, that would make for 2 years and 10 months. That's right, this thread is pointless. Oh well. I also noticed something else. 3:38, the mission that plays in the Frontier is from sequence 8 of the game. This thread is not that good, but still, some little info on the sequence at least haha.

Something about combat I picked up. At 5:25 Connor is fighting with the Hidden Blade and the Tomohawk. However the HUD shows that he has the Tomohawk and Rope Dart equipped. What does this mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef4ynjFctXM&feature=player_embedded#!

LoyalACFan
08-07-2012, 08:10 PM
Well, since January 2010, it will have been 2 years and 9 months, so... yeah. Basically 3 years.

evil9494
08-07-2012, 08:59 PM
At the end I was :D when I heard:
PC, PS3 and ehh..... and that's all that really matters, he stopped him not saying xbox, I loved that.

twenty_glyphs
08-07-2012, 09:10 PM
Something about combat I picked up. At 5:25 Connor is fighting with the Hidden Blade and the Tomohawk. However the HUD shows that he has the Tomohawk and Rope Dart equipped. What does this mean?

They haven't completely answered that question, but they have said there are weapons and tools. The SDCC GameSpot stage demo shows the weapon wheel briefly at 2:36:

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6387116/assassins-creed-iii-comic-con-2012-stage-demo

You can see the fists, hidden blade and tomahawk in the weapons side and pistols, bow, rope darts, poison darts and other unidentified items on the tools side. The GameInformer reveal article said tools will be mapped to the Y/Triangle button. Weapons will be mapped to X/Square, and dodge/counter will be mapped to B/Circle. It appears that dual-wielding weapons will perhaps automatically equip the hidden blade in your left hand and a weapon of your choice in your right hand. There doesn't appear to be a separate control for each weapon, but the dual-wielding nature of combat seems to have just opened up more possibilities for combat animations, attacks and counters.

So I would imagine that if you equip the hidden blade, you'll actually fight with two hidden blades, but equipping any other weapon will cause Connor to dual-wield that weapon and the hidden blade on his left hand. Equipping tools seems to work like the second weapon wheel in Revelations, where that "tool" is more of a ranged weapon.

LoyalACFan
08-07-2012, 09:13 PM
They haven't completely answered that question, but they have said there are weapons and tools. The SDCC GameSpot stage demo shows the weapon wheel briefly at 2:36:

http://comic-con.gamespot.com/video/6387116/assassins-creed-iii-comic-con-2012-stage-demo

You can see the fists, hidden blade and tomahawk in the weapons side and pistols, bow, rope darts, poison darts and other unidentified items on the tools side. The GameInformer reveal article said tools will be mapped to the Y/Triangle button. Weapons will be mapped to X/Square, and dodge/counter will be mapped to B/Circle. It appears that dual-wielding weapons will perhaps automatically equip the hidden blade in your left hand and a weapon of your choice in your right hand. There doesn't appear to be a separate control for each weapon, but the dual-wielding nature of combat seems to have just opened up more possibilities for combat animations, attacks and counters.

So I would imagine that if you equip the hidden blade, you'll actually fight with two hidden blades, but equipping any other weapon will cause Connor to dual-wield that weapon and the hidden blade on his left hand. Equipping tools seems to work like the second weapon wheel in Revelations, where that "tool" is more of a ranged weapon.
This is basically what I'm thinking too. However, Hutchinson did say quite a while ago that there are all sorts of combinations for dual-wielding, including a tomahawk and a hidden blade, tomahawk and a knife, sword and a pistol, etc. But maybe this has changed. I don't see any way to equip the secondary weapon.

BBALive
08-07-2012, 09:29 PM
The rope dart is a tool, not a weapon.

As far as we know, the dual-wielding is basically main-hand weapon + hidden blade (pivoted into a dagger/knife). There's nothing to suggest otherwise, although it would have been nice to create dual-wielding configurations with any and every weapon (tomahawk + tomahawk, sword + club, club + tomahawk, whatever).

Then again, we haven't really seen that much of the combat system, so who knows?

You always have access to a tool as well as your main weapons, which is why the rope-dart was equipped.

Will_Lucky
08-08-2012, 01:58 AM
This is basically what I'm thinking too. However, Hutchinson did say quite a while ago that there are all sorts of combinations for dual-wielding, including a tomahawk and a hidden blade, tomahawk and a knife, sword and a pistol, etc. But maybe this has changed. I don't see any way to equip the secondary weapon.

Well the new Hidden blade sort of doubles up into a knife.

LoyalACFan
08-08-2012, 03:31 AM
Well the new Hidden blade sort of doubles up into a knife.

I know, but we can carry a knife/short sword as well.